Mushroom Growing From Roots in DWC

closetkush

I ran into an algae and root rot problem about midway through my grow, so I treated it with compost tea. I bred the beneficial microbes with Mushroom Compost and molasses and it cured my root problem within a few days. I haven't had any more problems since then, but I noticed yellow spotting on my leaves today and decided to inspect the roots. They look very healthy, but I noticed a tiny mushroom growing from one of the larger roots... My question is do you think this could be harming my plant? I've never seen this or heard of it happening, but I guess a mushroom spore survived in the compost tea and sprouted from my roots. I'm one week away from flushing, so that should kill the mushroom or I could just pluck it off. Any suggestions?

I can't answer the mushroom deal. But more importantly I'd be concerned with the cause of the root rot. I think most often it's cause by water temps too high. Stay sub 68. Also algae can come from the res being exposed to light. Do your best to keep that res dark.

Hi CK

If that mushroom is living on the roots it is probably taking something away from the plant. I'd probably remove it

pluck it. its not part of your plant.. and in my eyes.. is an intruder.

good call on the benny tea.. i just recently started using one. and all my root problems are gone.

i know of some people who purposely run their tubs in the mid 70's to promote root growth, and use the tea to make sure root rot doesnt set in.

Back
Top Bottom