My 3rd Grow, Hydro!

Pericodaking every thing looks great man.:Rasta:
Yes I use both types of lights in my grow room. 2x 400w MH with enhanced bulbs and a 1000w HPS with enhanced bulb. If you want to use enhanced bulbs you have to be above 400w they don't make them for smaller lamps.

:goodjob:

+ rep If I can

Pan4

hmm.. gotcha Pan, I think i'm gonna settly on teh 400w hps as my cfls work great for vegging, (i've got a 105w fluro that puts off 5000 lumens and about 6 23w putting off 1500 each, so if my math is correct thats 14,000 lumens at 243watts, for vegging.
I found one on ebay for $140 including the shipping from htg garden supply store, it says the bulb puts off 55,000 lumens, i'm wondering if I should have it shipped or take the trip out to the store as it's only 6 hrs driving from manhattan. I'm one of those people that has 0 patience lol, and if i want something i want it now not after 10days like ebay usually takes.
question for ya pan the man, how much more heat will that hps produce, will i Have to worry about venting the box now? I purposely left an open strip in the back of the box to aid air cirlculation, will that be enough still (box stays b/w 80-85 lights on and 70-75 lights off rh running constant 60%)
BTW, can u believe it? I finally cloned man lol, i only wished i knew I was doing before becky started flowering, she's got 24 days left until the big chop.
Ii'm gonna sex those npp clones asap. they've been under 24hr light for 8 days and have a nice root system already, can I switch their cycle to 12/12 now? or is that too soon? I just wanna know what the sex of this damn strain is alredy lol, of the 8 clones I took 4 took root two are inside my veg box and 2 went up to a friends in "the county" as i like to call it to go outside (back porch in pots).
sorry for the barrage of questions, the cloning process is deff. new to me

looking good that Purple Power looks like it's got a sativa side check my new pics they look primo

looking good that Purple Power looks like it's got a sativa side check my new pics they look primo

it's all sativa bro! lol damn thing outgrew my box, i topped it twice and it ended up being a 4 headed 38" monster, so I stripped it of clones took 8 and 4 made it, i'm gonna sex those waaaaaay ealier than their donor and LSting the hell outta them to find out their sex. the donor was on 12/12 for more than a month and not one single sign, not even a preflower.. so we'll see what we got going on with the clones, two inside two outside!:Rasta:

ah an atttempt at outdoor congrats and good luck hope they turn out as nice as my outdoor ladies

Yo Perico, those baby's need burping, LOL. Yes, they are fat. Great job with the grow and your clones. I'm still watching the pot waiting for the water to start boiling. +reps for you man.

Thanks sisco, i'm hoping to have those clones sex within the next 2-3 weeks to see what i'll do with them. so far i'm not a big fan of this strain as my grow area is deff. not sativa friendly but we'll see how it all turns out!:Rasta:

ah an atttempt at outdoor congrats and good luck hope they turn out as nice as my outdoor ladies

yea, i figured u'd like that one southern!, only downer is I can't see those babies as often as i'd like, damn this city life! I sweat i'm gonna move to the country one of these days!

those purple power will shoot up fast being sativa patience is key to outdoor growing and at least you'll have some indo to smoke while you wait and then you'll be rewarded handsomely

Thanks for the advice bro, I'm just hoping they're female purple powers! I'm starting the 12/12 cycle on the indoor clones today to induce sex so i'll keep my fingers crossed. If they turn out to be boys i'll stil keep them and pollinate the waterfarm and the hydro bucket plants if that turns out to be a girl as well.

Yup there is that Hydro Bucket!!!! I ended up putting my plants into 10 gallon buckets set up with the DWC design and my plants have over doubled in size in a few short days, Roots shot down into the solution, I have bubblestones so I'm assuming that the nute solution is aerated enough, I do want to put at least another bubblestone of equal size into each bucket to make sure, but so far so good. I'll have pictures hopefully tonight when I can get to a camera.

Off subject a little - if all you have is a generic ph testing kit, and your ph is kinda high, and you've never ph downed before, How would one go about lowering the ph in a DWC? (I'm afraid to mess up the solution) Ph in both buckets between 6.0 - 6.5, 2/3 strength of nutes according to vegging recommended amounts, the temperature of the water I have no idea, at least room temp. I have the buckets on the floor with a layer of styrofoambetween the buckets and concrete to keep the cold out.

Your plants are looking amazing, and the one in your hydro bucket is about the same timeframe as my plants so i'll definately be watching closely.
++ Reps from me

Musik \\\vVv/// :nicethread::goodjob::peace:

Off subject a little - if all you have is a generic ph testing kit, and your ph is kinda high, and you've never ph downed before, How would one go about lowering the ph in a DWC? (I'm afraid to mess up the solution) Ph in both buckets between 6.0 - 6.5, 2/3 strength of nutes according to vegging recommended amounts, the temperature of the water I have no idea, at least room temp. I have the buckets on the floor with a layer of styrofoambetween the buckets and concrete to keep the cold out.

Your plants are looking amazing, and the one in your hydro bucket is about the same timeframe as my plants so i'll definately be watching closely.
++ Reps from me

Musik \\\vVv/// :nicethread::goodjob::peace:

Thanks for stopping by and the reps bro, you can use a lil lemon juice to lower your pH, test it in another bucket first and if you need to raise it , a teensy bit of bakings soda does the trick, I know that those pH up and downs can be pricey, I dont' even bother with them, the household stuff gets the job done, I've got some pics that show the proofs in the pudding lol

Here comes the waterfarm, Confirmed female, I'll take two clones from her today once i'm off work, only a few pistil showing so it should still root rather quickly.
IMG01088-20090707-1614.jpg

IMG01089-20090707-1614.jpg

IMG01095-20090709-1743.jpg

she was topped almost a week ago, and now two main tips growing strong!
IMG01096-20090709-1744.jpg

IMG01097-20090709-1744.jpg

and now for the hydro bucket, has been vegging for 3 weeks tomorrow, I think i'll put it under 12/12 starting tonight, for the first time, my entire grow room consists of females and now I need a male to pollinate and I'm hoping this hydro bucket is it! it's showing what I believe to be male preflowers so we'll see, first the lights I use to veg 3 23watt phillips 1700 lumens each
IMG01103-20090709-2103.jpg

IMG01104-20090709-2103.jpg

IMG01105-20090709-2103.jpg

IMG01101-20090709-2102.jpg

topped a few days after the farm doing well also
IMG01102-20090709-2103.jpg

IMG01100-20090709-1744.jpg

IMG01099-20090709-1744.jpg

Soon to come Pics of the 150watt hps I purchased today!

Back
Top Bottom