Keeping it Underground 600 Watt HPS + 8 Light T5 Cellar Grow

Troublesome2

This will be my first attempt at hydroponics. I have two 8 gallon roughneck rubbermade tubs. There is a 130+ gallon water pump in each, and two 10 inch bubble wands as well. There are six 3 1/4 inch holes in the lids with net plastic pots in each. At the moment i am 2 weeks in. Im working with a 8 light T5. This will be for veg. I will be using my 600 watt HPS for the flowering phase. I started with some bagseeds from some really decent buds. Iv got them under a 24 hour lighting schedule. Another two weeks or so and i will be throwing them into the 12/12 schedule. I topped them lastnight because they looked ready for it to me :) Nice thick stems... 4 nodes or so and some branching.
One of my res's started very poorly and contracted some kind of fungus. Seriously doubt I can save the sprouts from that so this journal will most likely be for just the one. I will post pics as soon as i get them uploaded here n a few. This is my 3rd grow all together and my second indoors, and my first shot at hydroponics Wish me luck :rollit::morenutes::rollit:

004_800x600_.jpg

006_800x600_.jpg

008_800x600_.jpg

007_800x600_.jpg

009_800x600_.jpg

These are about a week old and I will be taking new pics tonight. They are much bigger and bushier. Any tips, hints and all help is very welcome. I do have a little algae starting and as of right now i cant afford the hygrozyme so i will use just a little hydrogen peroxide and a special cloth I bought for the occation. Not sure if this is the best thing for me to do but since this site is a lil slow right now and i dont want it to get too bad im going to give it a shot

Hey there cflgrow, there was alot of easy diy stuff that went with the res.s but fairly simple i thought. Im using the 3 part General Hydroponics nutes witha little bit of Diamond Necture in there. Iv got some Floralicious Plus ill be adding a lil at a time too.
Iv got an eight light T5 florecent fixture for my veg. cycle then a 600 watt HPS for flowering. Ill have them on a 24hr lighting schedule for four weeks, then will be putting them on a 12/12 lighting schedule with the 600 HPS. I completly drain my res.'s every monday so every 7 days and give them all new nutes and water(1/2 dose recomended by GH). I mist them twice a day with plain H2O and then on thurs. i mist them with the floralicious plus foliar spary mix.
I def. learned that it is a must that your res.'s are light proof. I found that aluminum foil duct tape works great, very light proof &reflective, sturdy, very sticky. I suggest keeping some HYGROZYME handy i hear it works great...i cant afford it at the moment lol...
CHECK THE INSIDE OF THE RES. DAILY! It only takes a few ours for a plant to die w/o water in this setup. Gotta watch for algae and fungus i got both :( Trying to fix it now.
Hope this helps a lil... if i forgot anything dont hesitate to ask :)

Thanks Troublesome :) I was looking at the pics... did you say you topped the girls at two weeks? I've only done YouTube research... but I've never heard of topping them that early.

This is more what I'm accustomed to:
YouTube - Topping Marijuana Plants 101 - How To Cut Your Tops

What're your thoughts on topping?

Also, I know everyone does six-site DWC... but don't you think you'll have space issues when they get to be full size plants? Are you planning on keeping them only a few feet tall... ?

Nice growth there troublesome. I know you said you're battling algae and fungus but are you adding any hydrogen peroxide? I do dwc/aero and my roots never got that brown but I always added a little H2O2. I know people recommend the 30% food grade but I used the regular 3% and I didn't have any problems except for some powdery mold which is an unrelated problem. One more question, you mentioned this is a cellar grow and I was wondering what the relative humidity is in your grow room?

cflgrow... My plants just seemed ready to me they had a least 4 nodes i think age isnt an issue i dont think, im no pro tho. Im thinking that now that its done early they will still have a couple weeks too heal and get strong for the flowering cycle. Yes there would be a big space issue if i was to grow all six plants out to maturity...But I started from seed so half will most likely be male. So i will only have 3 plants per res. My one res is just hangin in there. If it doesnt catch up iv got a seperate area for mothers n clones i havent set up yet that i will move it to so it can stay on its 24 hr. light schedule till there ready. Im planning on keeping them in veg for 4 or 5 weeks. Then finish with the 600

Drewhauz... Thank you :) And yes i used hydrogen peroxide and it did some really weird shit to my plants. They didnt react well to it. I just added it 2 days ago and had to do an emergency drain and replentish this morning. They will be ok but i will only use HYGROZYME from now on if i dont have the $ the oh well lol
My water is that color because of my nutes, GENERAL HYDROPONICS 3 PART MIX, Some of its a dark color.
Ya im growin underground... in the summermy humidity was crazy!! It wanted to be between 85 and 100% if i didnt do something about it...i got a dehumidifier and that fixed that now its gettin colder and i cant get it above 55% but my temps stay at 75 so its ok for now. I keep water sitting around and mist the plants twice a day...wet rolled up towels work well too...Hope this helps ;)

Poor babies this is the result of hydrogen peroxcide. I did an emergency drain and replentish with all new nutes. I know they will be ok it might take them a couple/few days but marijuana is very sturdy... i might have added a week onto total time till harvest, no big deal im in no hurry :) ...LIVE AND LEARN...

Wow... I never had that reaction, I put a couple mLs per 8 gallons. I looked into that hygrozyme and it looks like good stuff, I'll definitely use that instead of the H2O2. Good looks. Like you said, mj is sturdy, I'm sure they'll recover just fine. At least your temps and humidity are straight. Keep up the good work. ;)

Yup Yup, Thanks man i put 2 cups into my 6 gallons of water, so....:loopy: lol but that was a half a cup less than recommended by the site I foundMixing charts for gardening with hydrogen peroxide
But oh well i went out and bought some much needed stuff tonight.
Bottle of PH up
Bottle of PH down
A bottle of calibration solution for my ph meter (7.0)
And finally a bottle of HYGROZYME
Added PH up and got my PH to 6.5 and left it there didnt really want to go back and forth with it.
They are starting to look a little better tonight, sorry no pics ill take some tomorrow :)
I only added the HYGROZYME to the one res because the other doesnt seem to need it right now so ill add it to he nute mix on monday. Iv got 4 very small sprouts just barely hangin in there in my res on the left. Im going to do my best to save em just cuz id love the feeling of pullin a couple ounces off of a plant that at one point was as good as dead :)

Yea pH stuff absolutely critical. You mentioned this is your first hydro grow, so I feel obligated to tell you your pH is too high. You'll notice a trend with the pH where it rises over time and then you have to bring it back down. I would try to keep my pH around 5.5, but you can start it a little lower (like 5.2) and let it rise to say 5.9 or 6.0 if you don't feel like adjusting it daily. Just tryin to help man, I'll check back when you post some pics :hookah::peacetwo:

When i went down this morning they seemed to be a lil bushier (sorry didnt take my camera with me)... and thats awesome because i havent noticed any growth at all for like 3 days... I raised my light from like 3 or 4 inches to about 8 just to get em 2 stretch a little

Back
Top Bottom