600 Watt HPS Switchable

Lst is tying down the plant so the whole stem gets full light. Then all your undergrowths are tops a do this and get about ten tops. Very good when you can't grow tall. Two plants will look like ten when all said and done.

It really depends on the strain your growing though, some strains don't respond well to topping and are better left alone. A good way to find out is to test a couplae clones from the same plant, top one and leave the other to grow regular. then compair you results. It takes some time, but if your planning on running the same strain for a while, info like this can be very valuable. Another option is to research as much as possible about the strain your growing, I'm sure you can find other journals with the same strain, and get a lot of info from their grow. Good luck, I'll be watchin
Peace,
NEPharmer
:tokin:

just a pic up date the apple jack is 27 days and the thai stick is 25 days
27days_012.JPG
27days_011.JPG
27days_010.JPG

HempRocket what is LST

LST is both a catagory of plant training, and a plant training method by itself. The catagory includes Scrog and LST and probably others that I am not aware of

LST the technique is just tying the top of you're plant down so that it can not easily grow up.

LST and topping accomplish the same thing in that they redirect auxins in the plant to other growth tips so that they grow up and bud more. Topping Is considered High Stress to the plant in that when you top the plant usually pauses for a day or two before growing again.

On a related note.. I'm told autoflowers respond well to LST.. I have no evidence that is true though so.. maybe not.

41days_010.JPG
41days_009.JPG
41days_008.JPG
36days_003.JPG
36days_0021.JPG
top left blue himalaya diesel 39 days from seed. top right thai stick 1st week from flower, middle right blue diesel, bottom left apple jack 1st week flower

41days_007.JPG
The whole family 9 plants , the three autos will finish a month before the rest wich will give me more room to spread them out.Sorry about the horrible pics they get messed up in the resizing stage.

I really have to invest in a better camera ,or find a better way to resize the pics . It does fill up quickly though .Your pics look great Hemp Rocket.

47_days_015.JPG
Himalaya blue diesel 47 days from seed
47_days_016.JPG
apple jack 2nd week flower
47_days_012.JPG
thai stick 2nd week flower
47_days_014.JPG
himalaya blue diesel 47 days from seed
47_days_011.JPG
the whole family just fed with fox farm tiger bloom

Thanks hemp rocket, and Mormino 36. The tent is made by grow bright it is 40in x 40 in cost 159.00. For soil I use Miracle grow with moisture control it is what i can get here in pa.I mix in a bit of vermiculite and it seems to work well.I used 2 of the big bags think they were 64 quarts.I had to give away 2 plants for the good of the herd lol had too many females .With the 6in easy cool reflector it is hard to keep the temp up where it should be need to add a speed control on the exhaust fan.OOps sorry now I am rambling lol.I really like the auto flowers.I plant 3 of those for early harvest then 3 indicas for a month later followed by 3 sativa dominate plants.Then about 15 to 20 days before final harvest i start more girls in the veg room they are ready to go 12 and 12 .

Back
Top Bottom