Keeping it Underground 600 Watt HPS + 8 Light T5 Cellar Grow

nice set up troublesome2

Slappy and I are big hydro growers as well. Grew in dirt ONCE and switched off to DWC and never looked back. It's the only way to grow.

Like Bender mentioned earlier it looks like your mix is too strong in the "micro". We use GH as well and it never looks that dark. Algae and Fungus are easily controlled...no light, low temps and no light (i know I said no light twice but it's REAL important...NO LIGHT can reach your water).

And you are right...nothing from outside should be in your grow area. No plants, no gardening tools, no shoes with dirt or mud on them...nothing from the outside at all. It may seem like overkill but I truly believe that we have never had any bug or contamination issues because we strictly live those words.

Keep up the good work. You have another subscriber to your thread
AWESOME SKOOTERS HERE!! :) Glad to have you here. What combination of nutes should i be using for 6 gallons of water...I do have some floralicious plus that iv added just a very little of and thats prolly why the waters that dark...should i not be using that yet?? I do also have some Diamond Necture not sure when im supposed to use that i was high when i bought it and cant remember what the guy told me to do with it LMAO!
Anyways im glad your here to lend a much needed hand :)

GH_Chart.jpg

Well based on this chart (the one we use) and the assumption that you are on Grow week 3. For 6 Gallons of water you should be using:

72ml of the Grow nute (Green) 72ml = ~2.4 ounces = 5 tablespoons
36ml of the Micro nute (Purple) 36ml = ~1.2 ounces = 2.5 tablespoons
18ml of the Bloom nute (Red) 18ml = ~.6 ounces = 1 tablespoon

FYI 1 Tablespoon = 1/2 ounce

I like to use google to do the conversions from ml to ounces etc.

e.g. 72ml in ounces

Hope this helps...it works for us :thumb:

Maybe more information that you may find useful
PH balance your 6 gallons before adding any nutes. As was mentioned earlier in your thread PH for hydro grows should be 5.2 to 5.6 or so.

Add the nutes one at a time to the water. Do not mix the three together then add to the water...never do that.

Check the ppm after all 3 have been added then add any supplements you want to use. We've never used the diamond one. According to this chart and again, assuming you are at Grow, week 3 you should be using 240ml of the diamond (wow that's a lot).

We only use the Kool Bloom and add 2 Tablespoons per 5 gallons (we have 5 gallon buckets and mix for out tubs 5 gallons at a shot) but that's at the end of the grow for this supplement.

My lord and saviour is here!!!! Howdy Skoots.....

:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

Do what they do and you'll have monster yieldage. I read their journals in order and Run their system.... Works great for me.

Bender

Hahaha you're too funny. As we have mentioned many times we have no desire to reinvent anything. We like to keep it simple and with as little work as possible. It's no secret. There are even charts!

We boil it all down to making sure the Food, light and temperatures are all where they should be and it works!

Seems to be working well for you too Bender and we think that is VERY COOL!

:thumb:

WOW Skooter! That is so far some of the most usefull pieces of info iv gotton so far with this hydo thing THANKX A MILLION MAN! Ill be sticking to this chart religously :)

Very happy to be able to help if I could Troublesome2. One of the benefits of keeping it simple is it's easy to explain to others :)

Check out what we had done with 2 plants using nothing but CFL lighting using this method (ya we're pretty proud of this grow!):
SkooterClowns CFL Cabinet Grow
Oh and check out this link as well if you are interested in how we built our small CFL cabinet (we now use it for moms and clones) and some details regarding DWC and why we went that way rather than a drip system:
Growing with CFLs in very limited space

Just wondering if im going to have to do a lil LSTing on this grow. My plants seem very indica dominate so they should stay somewhat short but they only have about 5 ft of vertical growth space... not sure if thats enough???
Im wanting to put them into 12/12 after 4 weeks but I might keep them on 24hrs for 5 weeks due to my mess ups and slowing the veg cycle a lil

Just curious... On my last grow i started a cloner with a fogger in it... When i had it working it was AWESOME!!! The roots were just amazing! Now im growing down in my cellar and winter is coming. As of right now my temps are just about perfect but its not that cold. I do remember that it never gets too cold down there but maybe too cold to grow...(well too cold with the lights off) Now i was thinking that since my res's temp will prolly drop would it be a bad idea to try to run my fogger in there??? If i can control my water temp that, IMO, would work awesomely ????????????????

Just wondering if im going to have to do a lil LSTing on this grow. My plants seem very indica dominate so they should stay somewhat short but they only have about 5 ft of vertical growth space... not sure if thats enough???
Im wanting to put them into 12/12 after 4 weeks but I might keep them on 24hrs for 5 weeks due to my mess ups and slowing the veg cycle a lil

I assume that my plants will double in height when I flip them, so I plan according to that.

With LST, however, I can tie and bend branches down into late veg and even early bloom if I start running out of headroom.

With an indica dom strain, it's probably at most going to double in height, so if you've got the room, you could grow them out without LST, but you will get better light penetration if you keep the canopy low.

Ok i did a res. drain and replentish with all new nutes and a lil hygrozyme just in case :)
Put exactly what skooter said to do with the amounts of nutes and didnt add any of the floralicious plus this time. I had about 6 large fan leaves completely burt and yellowed when I went down tonight. I gave em a lil water lastnight and sprayed em with the floralicous plus foliar spray mix and im thinking thats what did it since thats all that was different. I shut down the res on the left and will hook it up with a good scrubbin and all new rockwool and hydroton. Iv got a bunch of seeds germinating right now and will be done in a day or two. Be up n runnin again in a day or two :) PEACE ;)
New pics tomorrow

go trouble go!!!!...

Just another tip... general hydro wants you to set the PH first (5.2 - 5.6) then put the micro in, then the gro and bloom.... mix up the reservoir after you put in each nute.

Lets see some monster yield buuuuuddy.

sounds like you're rollin'

In order to post videos, I think you have to upload them to youtube first, and then just copy and paste the youtube URL into your forum post.

That's how I did it, anyway. There may be other ways.
Hey thanks man :) I liked your video so i went and took one. I love to see it all moving and hear it working in the video. I wish you and Skooter and all you inspiring growers would start video posts that would be awesome. I still love seeing pics too though ;)

go trouble go!!!!...

Just another tip... general hydro wants you to set the PH first (5.2 - 5.6) then put the micro in, then the gro and bloom.... mix up the reservoir after you put in each nute.

Lets see some monster yield buuuuuddy.
Man idk if its the cheap ph down iv got but iv never been able to get my ph below 6 i added the rest of my ph down last night and it still only went down to 6???? Im broke as a joke right now so i cant get more. What brand do u suggest iv gotta get one that works. I didnt know there was a difference. I thought they were all the same?
Ill get this thing going good and like i said im in no hurry they can veg till there are healthy and extremly happy ;)

Back
Top Bottom