My cats grass is dying

Remystemple

it's actually my mother's cat, but we grabbed a big chunk of sod at the end of summer and put it in a plastic bin on top of some soil. she wants the cats to be able to eat grass all winter but the grass already died lol. I can grow some nice pot plants but i guess grass is a whole other ball game.

the grass outside that we cut the piece from is very healthy and beautiful.

does anyone have any tips on how to save my cats grass?

@Dwight Monk sorry i know you'll have to move this :sorry:

...we grabbed a big chunk of sod at the end of summer and put it in a plastic bin on top of some soil. she wants the cats to be able to eat grass all winter but the grass already died...
If I am reading this right I would have to say that you cut the piece of sod to shallow, as in not enough roots were left.

Next possibility is that the soil the sod was in has to much sand and dries out fast enough that the roots could not survive long enough to grow down into the soil in your plastic bin.

I would not be surprised if there are videos on youtube of people who have grown lawn grasses on a cement slab. All they needed was an inch or two of soil and a good root base. Water and fertilize as needed and a small piece of lawn for the cats to use as a taste treat.

If I am reading this right I would have to say that you cut the piece of sod to shallow, as in not enough roots were left.

Next possibility is that the soil the sod was in has to much sand and dries out fast enough that the roots could not survive long enough to grow down into the soil in your plastic bin.

I would not be surprised if there are videos on youtube of people who have grown lawn grasses on a cement slab. All they needed was an inch or two of soil and a good root base. Water and fertilize as needed and a small piece of lawn for the cats to use as a taste treat.

i might grab another piece and try again. i may have cut the piece too shallow.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom