My Current CFL Grow(Need Opinions And Expertise)

OGxToka

Okay so i have 5 plants 2 are older then the other 3 plants.....

The 2 Plants Are At Least 1 Month 1 Week From Seedling.
The Other 3 Plants Are 3 Weeks Max From Seedling.

These Are My Test Plants.Basically The Plants Ill Learn All About Soil,Lighting,Temp,Humidity,And How The Plants React In Good Or Bad Ways To Learn More Since This Is My First Grow.

My Set-Up/Mix Etc:
-Currently Using 2 40W(TRUE) CFL But Am Switching To 7-9 30W(TRUE) CFL Bulbs(Had 6 Before I Installed The Fan To Suck The Hot Air Out And Now Going Back)
-2 Plants Are In Miracle Grow(BAD MISTAKE?!)
-3 Plants Are In PRO-MIX With 5Gal Of PM With 2Gal Of Perlite Mixed
-Water My Plants Every Other Day(Whenever Soil Is Getting Dry Or Pot Feels Lighter)
-Water Is PH'ed At 6.6 When Not Showing Deficiencies(Normal Watering)
-NOT USING ANY NUTRIENTS AT ALL

Pot Size/Light Schedule:
-Pots Are 2-3 Gal(NOT SURE EXACTLY ON GALLONS)
-24 Hours Constant Lighting!

So A Little Bit On The Back Ground Of The Grow:
Well Before I Installed My Air Exit/Exhaust I Switched From The Tube CFL's To Using 6 TRUE 30W CFL's My Temperature Was Always At 80-85*F For 2-3 Days Before Going Back.Humidity Was Around 25-40%.After The Day I Put More CFL's My Top Leaves On Plant #1(BELOW)Started Tacoing.I Was Reading That It Can Be Heat,Moisture Stress,Even Over Fertilizing.The Reason Why I Ask Is That That Plant Is In Miracle Grow,Which Has Time Released Nutrients But Dont Know If Its The Soil Since Im Only In Vegetative Stage And Need Nutrients?Right?But Can It Be The Heat Being 80-85*F With Dry Humidity Causing Heat And Moisture Stress???PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE THAT OUT,I DONT WANNA GIVE IT THE WRONG DIAGNOSES!!

Plant #1 On 5/9/15:(Miracle Grow Soil)
IMG_036925.JPG

Plant #1 On 5/25/15:(Miracle Grow Soil)
IMG_041928.JPG

Plant #2 On 5/9/15:(Miracle Grow Soil)
IMG_037025.JPG

Plant #2 On 5/25/15:(Miracle Grow Soil)
IMG_042431.JPG

Plant #3 On 5/25/15:(PRO-MIX)
IMG_042231.JPG

Plant #4 On 5/25/15:(PRO-MIX)
IMG_042129.JPG

Plant #5 On 5/25/15:(PRO-MIX)
IMG_041831.JPG

Now The Plant Thats Tacoing(Plant #1):
IMG_042026.JPG

IMG_042526.JPG

Do You Guys Know Why My Plant Leaves Are Doing That???? Is It Bad For The Plant??And What I Can Do To Fix It And Get It In Good Health???Anything Else Look Bad Or Seem To Be Sick With My Plants???Any Things I Should Change??

I Know That I've Posted Already Today But I Cant Edit My Last Thread So I Made This One.Please Dont Hate!?

Also Thank You All 420 Members+Growers For Help.I Feel Like If It Wasn't For This Site My Plants Would Be Growing Sideways And Dying LOL!

Have A Good Memorial Day!!! Guys!!!:green_heart:

Yes the Miracle Grow is a mistake lol, no worries though we all learn that eventually. The plants in it will have a harder time at the beginning I imagine but should be ok, hoping for the best. 85F is very warm and doable only if your humidity is over 40%, if it's 85F and 20% RH then there's a problem and something needs to change. Those taco leaves aren't bad, could just be normal. I'd advise on getting the humidity higher until it's over 40% consistently and under 60% max

Yes the Miracle Grow is a mistake lol, no worries though we all learn that eventually. The plants in it will have a harder time at the beginning I imagine but should be ok, hoping for the best. 85F is very warm and doable only if your humidity is over 40%, if it's 85F and 20% RH then there's a problem and something needs to change. Those taco leaves aren't bad, could just be normal. I'd advise on getting the humidity higher until it's over 40% consistently and under 60% max

Thanks For Your Help Stealth!!!

Just Switched To Using 7 CFL Bulbs!, Same As When My Temp Was High And RH Was Low,But Since I Installed The 7" Exhaust Fan I Am Managing RN For The Past Hour Or Two With Bulbs HOT!And Fan On Low Speed With Steady Temp At 76*F And Put A Towel Hanging On Side 1Inch Into A Bowl Of Water With Humidity At 48%,Will Be Using The Towel Method Till I Get A Humidifier.Any Certain Size Humidifiers That Will Be Best In My Grow Space Of 2Wx4Lx3T?

Also Another Reason I Switched To The 7 CFL's Is That Those Were More In The Blue Spectrum At 6000-6500k!

A cheap cool mist humidifier will be roughly $40-$50, a solid one will be $80-$90. I'd say get a cheap one for now since the biggest cost in them are the new filters at $10 a pop. My filters last about 30 days, 40 max. Shop online a little and find one that will fit in your space.

Back
Top Bottom