My father wants to switch from blood thinner to weed, need advice

Liam300

Hello and thank you for reading, my father has had a bad kidney since he was 25. He’s now 50 and has been meds for years (Blood thinner). He finally has decided to give Weed a try because he’s tired of the medication and would like a natural remedie. I live in Los Angeles California and I’d like some help on choosing the right medication for him something anticoagulant. I was thinking 1:1 gummies to start ? I’m not experienced when it’s comes to medicinal use. Anything helps! Thank you so much!

@Liam300 This is the first I am learning of the anticoagulant properties of cannabis. I can only find one study documenting the effects of a cannabis extract showing positive results with an obese rat. This is interesting.

The rest of the search results show a possible bad interaction between warfarin (blood thinner) and cannabis. So caution should be exercised by your father if he is using both at the same time.

I wish I had more info for you. Perhaps someone else has more info on this matter.

@Liam300 This is the first I am learning of the anticoagulant properties of cannabis. I can only find one study documenting the effects of a cannabis extract showing positive results with an obese rat. This is interesting.

The rest of the search results show a possible bad interaction between warfarin (blood thinner) and cannabis. So caution should be exercised by your father if he is using both at the same time.

I wish I had more info for you. Perhaps someone else has more info on this matter.
Thanks so much for the information, can you possibly link the study ? I’d like to see what they used such as strains and types of consumption if possible

I believe CBD has the stronger blood thinning effect.
There are also several herbs that are blood thinners.
Ginko Biloba is one.

He should find an apothecary
Thank you, I’m looking into CBD tinctures so he can have daily doses and feel comfortable using it. He’s never been a fan of smoking or vaping so anything edible/consumable are my options

Back
Top Bottom