My First Grow Journal

Hexe

Bought some white widow autoflowering feminized seeds last month. Started 3 of them and had them all in the dirt by the 21st of February...the first one in the dirt on the 19th after only two days of sprouting. Started them in a corner of my work room and while it's definitely a low budget set up my plants seems to be doing great..although one is having a bit of a rough time getting really going good. it started out great then seem to sort of go stunted. The early leaves went all brown and withered. Only watering as required and using water from the fish tank as it is free of anything other than "fish doing's". Lights are 6 12 watt LEDS and one red spectrum CFL grow light. They are what we already had on hand and seem to be doing well enough. (Low budget here folks...fixed income.)

This is the one I call Queenie. She just zoomed into the lead growing fast and furious. Will be 1 month old the 19th.

Congratulations on your firs Journal. You will find some good help here.

It will help driving visitors to your site if you put a link to your journal in your signature. Photos will also help us see how your doing.

If you need anything just ask. We are here to support one another.

Glad to see your journal..... I'm in to help where I can. I will let the more experienced guys cover most of the direct plant stuff.

:popcorn:

:thumb:

That is one good looking plant in a very awesome grow space. I just love it. I'm also planning on using those kind of leds on my next grow but would probably still stick with CFL until I get enough small LED lights. Do they come in different spectrum?

THANK YOU! First time growing this strain, or any kind of autoflowering cannabis. Do you mean the LED light or the CFL? The CFL's come in veg spectrum and bloom spectrum. As far as I know the LEDS all come with red, white and blue lights.

Looking good! I’m subbed!
I’m about to start my own grow so will watch this with interest!
Excellent way to start. Read as many journals as you can, but realize your experience will be different. I know mine was, and it went "different" pretty fast. :thumb:

Looking good! I’m subbed!
I’m about to start my own grow so will watch this with interest!

Um...not to sound like a dumbass...but what is subbed?

Subbed means subscribed to your thread so they can watch your grow and help out if they can. You will also see other people say - pulled up a seat.

When you are subscribed you get notifications when someone adds to the thread if you choose.

Subbed means subscribed to your thread so they can watch your grow and help out if they can. You will also see other people say - pulled up a seat.

When you are subscribed you get notifications when someone adds to the thread if you choose.

:thumb::thanks:

Ok....just got a light timer and starting all my girls on a 20 on/4 off cycle. One of them, Cleopatra, has brown spots/patches on some of her leaves. No idea what could be causing this. Advice please?

Can you show us a picture?
Also, did it start at the bottom or top part of the plant?
what's your pH?
How far are the lights from the plant?

Lights are about 6-8inches above the plant...that spotting started on the bottom...no idea what the PH is...not that sophisticated of a set up. Trying to get a pic on here but finding the picture on my SD card is proving to be a bitch at this point. grrrr.

Here we go:

What is wrong with my baby?

Dang. I'm really not that experienced when it comes to LED but I'd say that 6 to 8 inches away from the plant for the 12W led sounds about right I guess?

I'm betting that it's because of the pH causing a nute lock out and the new growth only absorbs nutes from the lower part of the leaves. That might be the reason behind the brown spots.

I'd say flush, but let's wait for a more experienced grower. xD I'm just a newbie grower too.

Dang. I'm really not that experienced when it comes to LED but I'd say that 6 to 8 inches away from the plant for the 12W led sounds about right I guess?

I'm betting that it's because of the pH causing a nute lock out and the new growth only absorbs nutes from the lower part of the leaves. That might be the reason behind the brown spots.

I'd say flush, but let's wait for a more experienced grower. xD I'm just a newbie grower too.

Ok...I haven't actually been adding any nutes yet. I have been following the instructions from Crop King about not adding nutes for a while. I've just been using water from the fish tank when I clean Plato's tank. (Plato is our Pleco.) The others seem to be loving it...especially Queenie. Never have had a bit of trouble with her. Of course, Queenie's bucket of dirt was preused a bit by the failed experiment of growing some seeds that I've had for 15-20 years too. They got a certain size and then just died from what appeared to be old age. Never did bloom one way or the other. Cleopatra and the really young one, Victoria, are both in brand new basic, nothing added, garden soil.

Back
Top Bottom