My First Grow! Northern Lights Autoflower From CKS

Stephanie478

Hey all.

This is my first grow! I'm really excited for this new challenge. I hope you come along for the ride. Comments and feedback would be so greatly appreciated!

It's seems like its taken forever to gather all the necessities. But here's what I've done so far:

Firstly, I purchased my 4x4 Mars Hydro grow tent and a 600W air cooled light with reflector and 600w ballast. Both the light and the ballast are from Apollo Horriculture. The light came with both a 600w HPS and 600w MH bulb. I purchased them on Amazon.

After I got all that set up, I purchased a 6 inch Hurricane inline fan from bustan.ca based out of Toronto, I believe. I also ordered a cheap Ventech 6 inch duct fan from Amazon and some 3 gallon Dirt Pots/Smart Pots.

I did a lot of conflicting research when it came to a growing medium. I ultimately created my own based off of the research I did.

I combined the following:
30% Coco Coir
30% Perlite
30% ProMix Organic for Herbs and Vegetables

And added:
Blood and Bone Meal
Mycorrhizae
Dolomite Lime
Glacial Rock Dust

I may still add some Epson salt. What do you guys think?

Let me clarify, I will not be planting directly into the above medium (I'm going to let it sit awhile). 2 days ago I started my seeds using the wet paper towel method. I was going to show you how they looked this morning, but I cant figure out how to post a picture to the forum. Help!

I have since planted the sprouted seeds (5) in Solo cups in just a ProMix organic medium with added perlite and placed them under the light in my tent (which I also wanted to show you a picture of) at only 50% strength, in makeshift baggie humidity domes. We'll see how it goes.

My tent is not fully equipped just yet, I am just waiting on the carbon filter I ordered off of Amazon. I also should be receiving the nutrients I ordered. As this IS my first rodeo, I ordered the General Organics Go Box. It seems to come with a little bit of everything and a decent enough chart. I also ordered PH+ and PH-. Since I already added amendments to my soil, I don't plan to give my plants full strength nutrients, but we'll see how it goes.

Well that's it for now, I look forward to your feedback and if someone could instruct me on how to post pictures, not from a URL, that would be lovely.

See you guys :)

I think I figured it out ;)

My little ladies.

28726477703_aab8395418_o.jpg

My fan setup for the time being.

29347452125_0f6c17a410_o.jpg

And my light setup :)

Hey Steph :welcome: to the website, your setup sounds great. In regards to posting pictures you upload them through your gallery, then when posting a reply you press the My Photos tab left bottom and your photos will appear there automatically.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Have a looksee through that and ask if there is anything else. Good luck with the grow and subbed up for your journey :high-five::tokin:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom