Herberto's First Grow Journal - Soil & LED - Northern Lights - Trainwreck Auto - CKS

Re: Herberto's First Grow Journal - Soil & LED - Northern Lights - Trainwreck Auto -

everyone has slightly different ways of watering and feeding. myself, i generally feed between 1/3 -1/2 the pot size. so, for my 2 gallon pots they get up to a gallon of feed once a week. if they need a flush i take them to the bath the following week, or anytime and flush through 3-4 gallons of fresh tap. if they are thirsty midweek, but don't need a flush, they just get about a 1/2 gallon of fresh tap.

the trick when feeding less than having runoff, is ensuring that you cover the entire top of the soil with water, so it drains down the entire pot of soil. otherwise, the roots won't be searching for water farther out from the center.

if you only water at the base of the plant that is where the roots will grow.

good luck,
and have fun eh

Thanks so much unforgiven. This helps out a lot.

Re: Herberto's First Grow Journal - Soil & LED - Northern Lights - Trainwreck Auto -

Day 20

Things are looking better in the tent. Laid off on the watering since a few the plants were showing signs of over watering. They were fed a week ago and they look like they will need a drink in the next day or two.

image16153.jpeg

I was reading through Arteekay's First Journal:
Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Strains

I was reading a part on how his tent was sitting on a cement slab and that he needed a way increase the temperature under the pot as the temp was too cold. I am growing in my basement, not on the cement, but the floor is cold. I grabbed my temp gun and read the floor temp at 67F and the plant canopy is sitting at around 80F. Not a huge difference but when I lift the pot and felt underneath and it felt cold and damp. Not a lot of air circulation. Went by the dollar store and saw some of these pot raisers for .40$ and picked up a few to see if it will help with air circulation and keeping the temp of the whole root zone consistent. Since they fit I think I will go pick up some more tomorrow.

image16138.jpeg

image16152.jpeg

Made one more change to the tent. I replaced the hockey laces holding up the filter with some straps.

image16154.jpeg

some great improvements there herberto!!! and the girls are looking pretty darned good too.

have fun eh

Day 21

Gave NL2 and NL3 a feeding today. All of the plants could use a feeding but I only have two 4L jugs to water with at a time. My water is freezing cold and don't like giving them cold water. Prefer it to be room temp before feeding/watering. Fed the two that needed it the most and will get some more containers so I can feed them all at once if needed.

Fed 4L of 3/4 strength nutrients each
pH 5.9
Ppm 540
Temp 75f

Run off approx 250ml/plant

NL2 Runoff
pH 5.86
Ppm 196

NL3 Runoff
pH 5.76
Ppm 239

A photo of the ladies right after watering.

NL2
image16177.jpeg

NL3
image16178.jpeg

Day 22

Fed the rest of the plants today with the same strength nitruents with 5.9 pH and 455 ppm. Made it a little easier on myself and picked up a 5 Gallon bucket to mix everything. I have it sitting on a piece of foam wrapped in plastic so the bucket isn't sitting on the cold floor.

image16241.jpeg

The plants seemed to have enjoyed their feeding yesterday.

NL2
image16251.jpeg

NL3
image16252.jpeg

I also think they are enjoying being raised off the ground with the plant raisers. I purchased more for each of the plants and I think they will enjoy it.

Wow!!! The ladies really enjoyed their feeding last night. All are standing tall with lots of new growth within 12 hours. I was able to go in and tuck some of the leaves of the Northern lights some that some of the nodes underneath could get some light. I lifted the lights a few days ago since all the plants were really short but had lots of growth. The lights were at 21 in. from the canopy but they are now at 26in (raised a little each day) and they have been stretching ever since without becoming lanky.

image16258.jpeg

the girls are looking happy and healthy there bud!!

Wow!!! The ladies really enjoyed their feeding last night. All are standing tall with lots of new growth within 12 hours. I was able to go in and tuck some of the leaves of the Northern lights some that some of the nodes underneath could get some light. I lifted the lights a few days ago since all the plants were really short but had lots of growth. The lights were at 21 in. from the canopy but they are now at 26in (raised a little each day) and they have been stretching ever since without becoming lanky.

image16258.jpeg

Day 24

The plants are looking good and seemed to have enjoyed there feeding and elevation from the ground. Big difference since then. Tucked some more leaves where I could and did a peek at everyone to see if any leaves need tending to. The Northern Lights are growing a lot bushier then the Trainwrecks. I am seeing some pistols on the plants so I guess the next time I feed them that I will start the transition week of feeding to bloom nutrients. Planning on feeding half veg/half bloom nutrients next week. I am not sure if I should turn the bloom light on the Mars Reflector now that I see pistils? Here a few pics:

Pistils
image16345.jpeg

TW1
image16337.jpeg

TW2
image16338.jpeg

TW3
image16339.jpeg

TW4
image16340.jpeg

NL1
image16341.jpeg

NL2
image16342.jpeg

NL3
image16343.jpeg

NL4
image16344.jpeg

Family Photo
image16346.jpeg

Change that. Going to go with full strength Veg nutrients next time. Just reading on how the plants are going to go through a nice stretch in the next couple of weeks.(hopefully:). It had mentioned that if one were to add bloom nutes at this stage it would stop the stretch and focus on flowers.

Day 25

Decided to turn on the bloom on the Mars Reflector after doing some more reading. Getting a little hard on the eyes. I will be intetested to see how they look tomorrow as they have new growth each time I see them. Moved the fan to the other side of the tent so I could use more of the Reflectors light. I am thinking that the lights are sitting a little high now though. I will see how they do with the extra bloom light power and go from there. A nice family pic for today.

image16377.jpeg

lookin perky there herberto

lookin perky there herberto
Thanks unforgiven. Laying off on the watering really helped I think. Thanks again for all the advice and help.

Subbed. Nice job! You going to LST?

Thanks for subbing DrPokTok. I plan on LST. Was going to try to top as well but as my first real grow I thought I should try to keep it as easy as I could with what I have. Hope you enjoy.

top em!!! you can doooo it!!!

yeah i forgot you was cookin autos here. you got quite a few nodes already, so yeah mebbe next time eh.

What's the best time to top autos?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using 420

i top after third node, taking off the 4th.

here's the best guide by the beast on it...huge thread lots of advice.

Auto Topping Thread

i like to top em an pop em.

have fun eh

Back
Top Bottom