Katatonia's Journal - CFLs - Northern Light - Soil

Katatonia

Hey,

this's my first grow , i hope it's gonna be ok

2 plants

What strain is it? Northern Light the bulldog seed bank, feminized seeds , it's northern lights x skunk1 , 80% indica , 20% sativa

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?

in Veg... For 16 days

Indoor

Soil , well it's some swedish mix , it already contains some fertilizers

3 gallons pot size

Size of light? currently a single 125 watts 6500 k cfl , gonna add more later , and i have a single 200 watts 2700 k cfl also which i'm gonna use for the flower stage with extra small bulbs

How often are you watering? every 48-72 hours

Type and strength of ferts used? i fed them only once , 1/4 of normal dosage , and gonna wait another week or so till next feed because the soil already has nutrients
nutrients :
i made a mistake with buying Hesi Hydro for the veg stage , but i'v read that it's ok to use hydro nuts on soil with 1/4 dosage ,
Hesi soil bloom
GreenFuse root stimulator , i used on seedlings and first week of veg

60x60x160 cms grow tent
100 mm sucking fan
small fan to keep the air moving inside the tent

i've ordered ph meter and ph up and down liquids , and a filter because my apartment already started smelling amazing :laughtwo:

11948279_994727613919512_1514274424_n.jpg
11948085_994727160586224_1381601042_n.jpg
11992079_994726157252991_1451164405_n.jpg

I already topped them once
every help and opinions would be appreciated , thanks for reading
Cheers

Hey guys ,
this's day 18 of veg and my 2 babies r growing fast and bushy , do u think it's time for LST or still too early ? was thinking to wait another week or so

18_b.jpg
18257.jpg

rn't they beautiful !? :circle-of-love:

Nice plants so far! They look healthy despite no PH adjustments. Hopefully you get your PH meter and acid soon because even though your plant looks fine now, it could flip real fast when the plant is at mature age (able to produce flowers usually around 3 weeks old). But I don't think that will be a problem since you have incoming PH stuff.

Personally, I'd wait til you have the correct nutrients, PH meter, and TDS until you LST because even LST is "low stress", it's still stress nonetheless. There's a tongue twister for you... :winkyface: if your plant isn't getting the correct nutrients in the correct amounts, it will take longer for your plants to continue growth as normal after snapping some branches for LST.
I really know nothing about your nutrients but if you spend all this time caring for the plant, you might as well do it 100% and get some good nutes. One bottle for $20 can be found of GH FloraNova Bloom and that can be used through the entire grow from start to finish. It's called the "Lucas Formula" and it makes things simple by only having to use one bottle instead of a 3 part series or even more for some.

That's just my opinion but if your problem is budget, then you will be fine with everything you got. People have grown over an ounce or more with a worse setup than yours. I'd say your setup is awesome especially for your first grow!:goodjob:

Thank u all for ur support , it's very appreciated ! :thanks:
Grouchy i actually was impatient last night and started LST , but very carefully , one of the plants is abit shorter and not so flexible so i almost bent it alittle , the other one seems much easier , i'll see the results tonight and maybe post some pix , they're in the dark period now and i'm going to work soon
As for nutes i have 3 bottles now : Hesi Hydro Growth which can be used alone in the veg stage but on hydro systems
Hesi Bloom Complete
and another bloom bottle from another company , IONIC Soil Bloom
as u see my plants doesn't seem to really need nutes now since the soil already contain some , but i'm definitely gonna start adding quarter dosage of the Hesi Hydro once i get my ph meter , i'll see how they respond then . I actually have some experience of growing vegetables XD not Marijuana though , so i can read the plants response alittle :laughtwo:
one last thing , excuse my ignorance what is TDS ? XD
cheers and have a good weekend :cheer:

Look'n very healthy! Great job on your first grow! I'm currently 3 weeks into mine. I feel that I'm addicted to it already! Can't wait to see how these lovely ladies turn out!

Look'n very healthy! Great job on your first grow! I'm currently 3 weeks into mine. I feel that I'm addicted to it already! Can't wait to see how these lovely ladies turn out!

haha dude tell me about it , the addiction , checking on my plants is the first thing i do whenever i come home ! :laughtwo:

A TDS meter will tell you how much dissolved minerals and nutrients is in the water. so, if you add more nutrients to the water, the reading will be higher. My tap water is around 200-250 PPM (Reverse Osmosis water is at or close to zero PPMs). PPM or Parts Per Million is the measurement of the Total Dissolved Solids. So, for example, using a TDS meter, I measured my gallon of water after I added the nutrients, and the PPM was at 1200. For a seedling, the PPMs should be pretty low meaning you add less nutrients to the water.

I hope this helped. And I'm no expert on this but this is how I understand it. Id still read into it if I were you but at least you'll have a basic grasp of a TDS meter and measuring the PPMs.

And I agree about the addiction of growing. Its like pringles. Once you pop, the fun don't stop!

A TDS meter will tell you how much dissolved minerals and nutrients is in the water. so, if you add more nutrients to the water, the reading will be higher. My tap water is around 200-250 PPM (Reverse Osmosis water is at or close to zero PPMs). PPM or Parts Per Million is the measurement of the Total Dissolved Solids. So, for example, using a TDS meter, I measured my gallon of water after I added the nutrients, and the PPM was at 1200. For a seedling, the PPMs should be pretty low meaning you add less nutrients to the water.

I hope this helped. And I'm no expert on this but this is how I understand it. Id still read into it if I were you but at least you'll have a basic grasp of a TDS meter and measuring the PPMs.

And I agree about the addiction of growing. Its like pringles. Once you pop, the fun don't stop!

Yes this helped very much ! thank u , i understand the general idea , basically it tells u how much nutes to add at every stage , and it tells u that ur flush water coming out of the pots contains no nutes so u understand that ur flush is enough , i checked few ones online and they seem much cheaper than the PH meter , i'm buying one soon :thanks::volcano-smiley:

this's day 20 of veg , i'm gonna add few pix since i'v done little LST 2 days ago , also some topping , and they seem to respond great

20_2.jpg
20_11.jpg
20199.jpg

I think next grow i should transplant my plants into the side of the 3 gallon pots , that would make it easier to LST and will keep them in the middle after being bent , that's how we learn i guess , from own experience
I already have few tops now , what do u guys think ? any suggestions ?

Back
Top Bottom