Katatonia's Journal - CFLs - Northern Light - Soil

A PH issue is often overlooked. That definitely could have been the problem.

30 C is about 86 F and though that's high, it will still grow. But 75F/24C is perfect now so great job on the temp control, Katatonia! That seems to be a lot of people's problems but you handled that very nicely.

That LED will give you some good buds. Are you still going to use any CFLs with it?

I think flushing is a great idea for you now. Just run a few gallons of PHed water through each of your plants and when they dry out again, give them a nutrient feeding. I'd recommend flushing when you switch your nutrients, change from vegetative to flower, or when you have problems with your plant that you can't solve right away .

Keep up the great work! :bravo:

Yea man i think i'm gonna flush in 3 days whenever i get the LED and remove all those cfls . I now have like 400 watts of cfls because that shitty company turned out to be not so shitty and will send me a new 200watts bulb instead of the one which is not working :cheesygrinsmiley:, though i bought it like 2 months ago ! i actually was surprised that they accepted to return it very simply . so i might still have some cfls on the sides of the plants in flowering , and definitely will use them when i get a bigger tent and make this small one i have now only for vegging , we'll see what happens , i'll be posting updates soon
Have a nice day man , cheers :volcano-smiley:

It arrived , good bye CFLs finally ! :)
LED37.jpg
flower_10.jpg
flower_10_b.jpg

I can't wait also , i'm very excited about this light , i should have bought it from the beginning and saved alot of money and work with the cfls
well i'm keeping it 30 cms away , and here r the specs :
Spectrum:
20ps - 660nm
8ps - 630nm
4ps - IR
4ps - 615nm
4ps - 430nm
8ps - 470nm
8ps - 6500K
4ps - 3000K

I don't really know if that's good or not :laughtwo: is that full spectrum ?

Hey there Katatonia. Awesome job so far with your grow!!
:goodjob:

The advise that you're being given is spot on. :thumb::high-five:
It's great to see that you've got some good folks with lots of grow experience helping you along. If you continue to follow the advise that's being offered up and can keep your temps under control you'll end up with some sticky buds here soon.
:rollit:

Hey there Katatonia. Awesome job so far with your grow!!
:goodjob:

The advise that you're being given is spot on. :thumb::high-five:
It's great to see that you've got some good folks with lots of grow experience helping you along. If you continue to follow the advise that's being offered up and can keep your temps under control you'll end up with some sticky buds here soon.
:rollit:

Thanks for stepping by dude , i found many friends here that helped me alot and i'm very thankful. My temps r completely under control now , at max 75 f , and flowers r starting to look delicious :) , i'll be adding updates soon
:welcome:

Nicely done! Time for the fun/stinky part!

What do you got going on for odor control? Can't remember.

they whole apartment smelled like weed after the 3rd week of veg :) so i got a carbon filter and connected it to the ventilation ,
A carbon filter from Prima Klima

Life length about 1year.
Flange: 100mm
Length / Height: 25cm
Max flow: 240m3
Optimal flow: 160m3

so the smell is gone now , unless i open the tent and sit by it drinking my morning coffee , which is the best view and place to start ur day :laughtwo::tokin:

so the smell is gone now , unless i open the tent and sit by it drinking my morning coffee , which is the best view and place to start ur day :laughtwo::tokin:

Okay cool... I'm not the only one who does that. :rofl: Sometimes I think if I stare at them hard enough, they'll grow faster... But only when I'm high haha

Looking good. Count me in for consuming a beverage while staring at my plants. I don't do coffee so I sit on the floor in the closet with a Captain and Coke. The wife thinks there is something wrong with me.

Hey man! How's it going?! Those last pictures look awesome!

Hey Grouchy ! how r u man ?
just yesterday i was reading ur old northern lights journal and checking ur defoliation job and growth progress :) , there r alot of stuff to learn there ! , my plants r very fine i think , no problems except few little purple dots on the top of few leaves , i guess that means they r starting to need more phosphorous since they're in the second half of flowering , 33 days old , i started adding abit phosphorous so hopefully that will solve in few days.
I'm a bit worried that the growth of the buds is a bit slow , i'm not sure so i'm gonna post few pix soon for opinions.
Thank u man for checking on my grow ! :thanks: ;)

ok so here r few pix as i said :lot-o-toke:

flower_33_1.jpg

flower_33_3.jpg
flower_33_2.jpg
flower_33_6.jpg

in the first pic is what seems a little bit of problem , any opinions on that ?
and do u think the growth is slow ? this's day 33 of flower , maybe the buds r fine but i'm just being greedy :laughtwo:
cheers :volcano-smiley:

unfortunately one of the clones , the small one which is in smaller pot got few pollen sacks , i guess the stress of the small pot caused that , or maybe some little light leak , i anyway cut it off and harvested it , it has few buds that are 40 days into flower , what ever i get from that is better than ruining the whole grow , my other 3 big plants r doing great without any pollen sacks hopefully , i'll check on them again tomorrow during the next light cycle .
I also have a little nutrition problem on one plant , the purple color which i showed in last pix got more and more , with yellowing on the old lower leaves , but still buds r growing fine and getting more brown hairs , any opinions or help about what should i do ? and r those 40 days old buds from the hermied plant will still be smokable and give a good high ?

Back
Top Bottom