My First Grow - THC Bomb in Soil Under CFLs

Hey King John, yeah I jumped the gun there. I've been keeping a close eye on it the last couple days. Wishful thinking I guess. Anyways, I took em out last night to water and feed them. I started tying down new growth. I also tired down some fan leaves to expose the new growth to more light. Not sure if that was a good idea as the fan leaves are not very effective now. In a few days I'll release the fan leaves. :) Peace
20130601_230751.jpg
20130601_230816.jpg
20130601_230832.jpg

Howdy Billy....Looking good! I was going to jump in and answer questions from your first few posts, but it seems you have figured it out. I will continue to follow and offer my advice as you go. Looking forward to some pretty lady parts soon!

Peace...

Howdy Billy....Looking good! I was going to jump in and answer questions from your first few posts, but it seems you have figured it out. I will continue to follow and offer my advice as you go. Looking forward to some pretty lady parts soon!

Peace...
Hey Gubba3Bump, welcome and thank you, I'm sure I'll need some advice in the future.
:) Peace

Hi Billy, They sure are stocky little ones- nice thick stems to hold the weight of all the buds they will give you.:thumb: One of my bombs decided to stay short. She is only 12 inches tall and the others average 20-22 inches. That's not a bad thing though because she has the most bud sites- I just had to tuck her fan leaves under them so they get light!:peace:

I was outta town Sunday night and came home to this. An explosion of growth! Before I left I staked down most of the fan leaves to allow more light penetration. It looks like it worked. The close up looks like it might have some female parts in it. That's the same plant I thought was showing last week, just a different spot on it this time.
20130603_220349.jpg
20130603_220436.jpg
20130603_222611.jpg
20130603_220330.jpg
20130603_200002.jpg

Glad to hear they're taking off. Jay Leno once said about his jet engine motorcycle that "the faster it go's- the faster it go's". These plants grow the same way! Keepin fingers crossed thats a girl :thumb:

Hello everyone. I went and tied them down really good and pushed the fan leaves under all the branches. It seems to make a huge difference with more light penetration. I also went and super cropped a few branches on each. I'm starting to think I should be changing to a 12/12 light schedule here soon. I'm worried that I'll run outta room if I wait too long, as I've read that they'll double or even triple in size during flowering. They just seem too small to start though. Any suggestions or advice with this? Anyways, here's some pics.
20130605_202547.jpg
20130605_202742.jpg
20130605_204219.jpg
20130605_202628.jpg

Hi Billy- My bombs are 11 days into flower and they didnt stretch as much as I thought they would- only about 6-8" and now they are budding so I think the stretch is over. They spread horizontally as much as they did vertically. Noob here too but I think you could flip them anytime soon and be happy with the results.:goodjob:

Hey y'all, I went and tied some more down today and as you can see, they are starting to fill the pot. These things are getting so bushy that no matter what I do, light penetration sucks, even after tying all the fan leaves down below the branches. I think I should be flipping em to 12/12 soon. Any thoughts on this? Here are some pics.....
20130607_191748.jpg
20130607_191831.jpg

As you can see, I've kept em pretty short. These are the only plants I've seen in person and they seem way too small to produce much. I know yield depends on a lot of factors and its tough to guess, but can anybody estimate my potential yield with plants this size?

larger plants usually yield larger amounts. you can flower at any time, it all depends on what your maximum height is that you can move your lights to. i would keep them in vegetative growth longer myself to give the branches longer lengths.

Good morning KingJohn. I have plenty of height to work with, I actually haven't even moved my lights, they're still a few inches from the tops. My only concern is, light penetration. I don't want them growing up any, just out. Im kind of doing a scrog without the screen. Maybe I'll veg till the pot is filled and then flip.

I feel like I'm losing control of these things. They are so bushy and as soon as I tie one fan leaf down, two more get in the way. My pot is almost full too so I'm gonna kill the lights for 36 hours and start 12/12. Wish me luck. Oh yeah, I think I see female parts on one, but still nothing on the other. We'll see.
20130610_235202.jpg

Probably a dumb question here, but when I flower should I continue to tie these plants down or let them go. I'm not too sure how they grow. I know the buds will form at the nodes, but I've yet to see a picture of a flat plant with buds. They all seem to have multiple tops growing vertical. Any input would be great. Thanks

Probably a dumb question here, but when I flower should I continue to tie these plants down or let them go. I'm not too sure how they grow. I know the buds will form at the nodes, but I've yet to see a picture of a flat plant with buds. They all seem to have multiple tops growing vertical. Any input would be great. Thanks

Hey Billy ! nice grow man.. I am currently also in my first grow and did exactly the same kind of LST you did.
I kept on tying things and bending all the way till last week because my plants tripled in size after 3 weeks when i flipped. However my strain is a bit different. I am no expert but i kept lsting and tieng and things are looking pretty good so far..

What's up djraven, thanks for stopping by. I checked out your journal, good shit! Your plants look great! I just finished swapping out bulbs to get ready for flower, check it out....
20130611_194304.jpg

WTF kinda jimmy rigged fire hazard is that?!! Haha! That's 16 26watt cfls and 2 68 watt cfls in a 2ft by 2ft area. Those babies are putting out 34,800 lumens! That's 8700 per square foot! Not bad for cfls huh? Now I just gotta figure out how to keep the heat down.
20130611_195846.jpg
20130611_172640.jpg

Wow Billy, your sure not lacking for light! I found an interesting article on stretching you might want to see. (I put it in my journal.) Can't wait to see what your girls do when they stretch!:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom