My First Grow - THC Bomb in Soil Under CFLs

billy469

Hello all,
I just started my first grow and figured it would be smart to start a journal here, hopefully to get help and advice as I go. I'm growing in a file cabinet I converted to a grow box. As of now I'm using 12 26 watt cfl's with a hood I made out of the reflectors from an old halogen light I had. I'm still missing ventilation, but I'll have that part complete in the next few days with a 6" inline duct fan for exhaust and a 4" dryer vent kit for my intake. Here's all the info....

What strain is it? THC Bomb
Is it indica, sativa or hybrid? What percentages? Indica/sativa mix, don't know percentages.
Is it in veg or flower stage? Veg
If in veg, for how long? Seeds went in the soil 6 days ago after soaking for 24 hours. One popped 4 days ago, one yesterday and one not yet.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or hydro? Soil
If soil, what is in your mix? Fox Farm Ocean Forest
If soil, what size pot? Solo cups and similar size cups
Size of light? 12 26 watt cfl's
Is it aircooled? No
Temp of room/cab? Unknown
RH of room/cab? Unknown
PH of medium or res? Unknown
Any pests? Not yet
How often are you watering? Daily
Type and strength of ferts used? None

I don't have anything set up yet for temp, RH, or PH. That will all be squared away in the next few days also. So like I stated above, I'm a newbie, it may not mean much, but I've done a ton of reading about growing. I've got a good idea of the basics, but I'm still gonna need help. Any advice or criticism will be helpful and appreciated. Wish me luck.

20130502_182650.jpg
[/IMG]
Sorry for the sideways pics. How do you rotate them?

20130502_182711.jpg

This is the one that came up 4 days ago.

20130502_182722.jpg

Another shot.

20130502_182751.jpg

This is the one that came up yesterday. The cotyledon are curled and yellow on the tips. I think this is because I had it too close to the lights so I moved it until it developes a little more.

Looking good so far, they need to be rotated on your computer, it will then save them that way and then upload as you normally would hope that helps, BTW just click the arrows right or left while viewing your pics will save them one=ce you have them how you want them, Peace og.

Help!!! I left for work today and my plants looked nice and green. I got home and my biggest one was yellowish orange on the leaf tips and dry. The soil was dry, but I watered yesterday. I think I burned the shit out of it. It was a couple inches from the lights, the others were lower cause they're still trying to come up. Will it survive? I lowered it and finally got my ventilation set up. I also turned off 6 of the lights hoping that will help.

About 3 1/2 weeks in and they seem to be doing well. Heat was my problem but I've fixed that and transplanted. Fed them their first nutes 6 days ago. I'll get a list of those tomorrow. They seem to be liking it, they're really short and stocky with fat ass main stems. The oldest of the two is about 2 1/2" tall, but has like 6 nodes. It's growing 3 branches at every node, normal?? Hella tight node spacing might make these difficult to work with. The youngest one is about 2 1/4" tall and beefy like her sister (hopefully). Check em out.....

Oldest
20130523_000830.jpg
20130523_000751.jpg
20130522_235333.jpg
20130523_000309.jpg

Youngest
20130522_235409.jpg
20130522_235608.jpg

Hi there Billy 469! Your plants look great-healthy and happy! I have a few THC bombs growing now myself. They are in veg currently a few weeks ahead of yours. It seems to be a very short strain as mine are only about a foot high at 8 weeks. They are showing hairs so they are going to be flipped to 12-12 lights next week. This seems to be an easy plant to grow compared to my other strain.
Anyway your have beautiful plants and there are lots of experienced growers here who will likely be able to give you lots of good advise. Just give them a little time to find you.
Happy growing Billy!

Hi Billy 469. Ther only reason my bombs are so tall is i'm waiting for a couple stragglers of pineapple chunk to catch up before I flip them to 12-12. Luckily I have plenty of headroom in the tent. I thought about lst for them but they just seemed too bushy for it to work so i did a topping on them. That slowed the vertical growth a bit and gave me 2 sites for colas. You could also fim them which will give you 4 sites. The colas will be smaller than a single but theres more of them to make up for it. There are lots of good demos of how they work on this website. Another thing that will keep them short is dont veg them very long. The plant is supposed to double in height when you go 12-12 so when they get half of where you need them to stay- flip them. Lookin forward to seeing what you do with your girls.

Hey Flower Child, right now I'm confined to 22" of total height till I can figure out temps in my bigger box. That's why I was planning on tying them down. I'm a little nervous to do it though cause they look like they'll snap. I was planning to fim if I had em in my big box. I'll post pics once I get the courage to start tying. Do your plants eat a lot? I almost wonder if mine could use a little more nutes. I fed them a week ago today, but I only went half the recommended dose cause it was the first feeding. Thanks for the feed back. Do you have pics of your thc bomb?

Hey buddy just stopped by to check things out! Sorry about the no responses when you needed help, that happens sometimes. I'm glad to see your ladies are healthy and thriving. THC bomb is an incredible strain, I personally haven't grown it but I have a buddy who does and the smoke is amazing. If you have any questions let me know buddy, I'm subbed on your thread so I will always be around. :) Stay irie my friend.

Sphnx

As far as feeding, do you have a ppm meter? Feeding should be a gradual thing, you did well by only giving them half a feeding, upping the veg nutes as you progress is a must. People say feed and then flush, or feed feed then flush... I always feed every watering, and with ph balanced water its unlikely that you will get root lock. A soil flush (just a watering with fresh RO water with no nutes) can be done at the end of each week just to be safe if you'd like to play it safe. Which nutes are you using? Are you following a feeding chart? Are you using tap water or RO?

As far as bending if you feel like its going to snap, then do not try to bend it over. You can try the pinch method where you pinch the stock towards the top away from the woodyness of the bottom and slowly bend it over, it will heal with a big ole' knot :)

As far as feeding is concerned, I'm using Fox farms big bloom and big grow, cal/mag, root excellerator, and ful power humic acid. I'm using Fox farms feeding schedule for their stuff and I go off the bottle for the others. I was gonna feed every other watering. Should I feed every watering? And do I need to flush that often? I don't have a ppm meter yet and I'm using tap water that's sat out for 24 hours. It's well water actually. Thanks again :)

You should turn the strongest into a mother plant and flower the rest. It's a good rule of thumb for when you find good genetics to make a mother plant and keep the genetics going. Might be something for you to think about for when they are sexed :)

You should turn the strongest into a mother plant and flower the rest. It's a good rule of thumb for when you find good genetics to make a mother plant and keep the genetics going. Might be something for you to think about for when they are sexed :)

Definitely gonna keep one around. Have you ever seen a plant with three leaves/branches per node? And it's probably too early to tell sex isn't it?

I have, and actually it will probably grow 5 to 7 finger leaves as it matures. If you want to find out what they are now, flip to 12/12 for a couple days and they WILL show, then flip back to 18 or 24 hours of light for vegging and they will revert back.

Back
Top Bottom