1st Grow In Soil

Thanks bud. I checked the soil last night from the holes on the bottom and from using a popsicle stick to check the soil for moisture. It gotten quite dry. Fed them 1 liter of water for all 4. They started to get droopy before the watering. Checked them this morning and they are wide awake. Anyone know when I should begin my LST ? Also, why do they seem so short? lol Looking at a lot of other peoples grow journals and blogs. Everyones plants are a lot taller.

23142.jpg

Just had a read through.
Looking good so far!
Like Corey said, be careful not to over water.
The curling leaves mean heat stress, which would mean your light was probably too close to them.
They look fine to me! Other peoples plants sometimes look taller, because they've probably got a lot more distance between light and plants causing them to stretch up. I myself like short bushy plants. Makes for tight spacing between internodes, equaling more sites!
I'd say you're safe to start training them anytime now. Usually after 3 nodes they're good to go.
If you're planning to do lots of LST, maybe drill holes all around the edges of the pots. Then you'll have multiple spots to tie to.
I use pipe cleaners because they're easy on the plants, cheap, and easily bendable. Using string can be kind of a pain in the ass IMHO with all the tying and un tying..
I'd get some saucers for under those pots. Because a good indication of giving them enough moisture is just a bit of run off. I noticed that in some photos the soil on top was kinda dry in spots but wet in others.. When you water make sure you water all the medium instead of just spots. let it dry right out before feeding again. You'll get used to when this is. It's just before the droop. Pots will feel light when lifted.
One thing I've noticed with OG is, it REALLY likes to dry out. My plants are happiest when they're almost bone dry just before water.
Getting a PH pen should be you're highest priority at this point. Then a TDS meter for reading PPM's
Just wondering why you're using bottled water? Is there something wrong with your tap water??

Thanks for the advice. I have those saucers already as well. I was going to transplant into 3.7Gal pots. But I may leave them in the pots I have now. I'll go buy some drill bits as my family members always love to use my tools and never bring them back. -_-'' Do you have a brand name and model on which PH pen to get? I have TDS meter to check PPM. I am using water bottles as I have about 30 cases of water in case of emergency as I always try to prepare myself and my family for any type of emergencies. Also, my plants are about 8-10 inches away from the light due to the fact that they grew. The leaves tend to curl upwards when I run the light at 100% but lately I've been running them at 50% and 75%. Weather has gotten shitty here in CA so I've been leaving my window shut and temp's been 72-77. Humidity is at 32%-50% max. 50% humidity was before weather cooled down. but lately its been consistently 35%-40%. I purchased a Eva Dry humidifier just in case when I'm ready to set up the tent. Also, took some new pictures of the ladies with the cannon.

Thanks for the advice. I have those saucers already as well. I was going to transplant into 3.7Gal pots. But I may leave them in the pots I have now. I'll go buy some drill bits as my family members always love to use my tools and never bring them back. -_-'' Do you have a brand name and model on which PH pen to get? I have TDS meter to check PPM. I am using water bottles as I have about 30 cases of water in case of emergency as I always try to prepare myself and my family for any type of emergencies. Also, my plants are about 8-10 inches away from the light due to the fact that they grew. The leaves tend to curl upwards when I run the light at 100% but lately I've been running them at 50% and 75%. Weather has gotten shitty here in CA so I've been leaving my window shut and temp's been 72-77. Humidity is at 32%-50% max. 50% humidity was before weather cooled down. but lately its been consistently 35%-40%. I purchased a Eva Dry humidifier just in case when I'm ready to set up the tent. Also, took some new pictures of the ladies with the cannon.

as for a PH pen? what a coincidence, I just posted this in my other journal today for someone else asking about meters..

There are tons out there that all pretty much do a good job..
I have one of these, and I picked it up locally for like 65.00
Then I have a separate PPM meter. The all in one units are pretty nice, but like whiz said. expensive.
Myself, I wouldn't trust buying one used, cuz you never know..

Picture_242.png

Ebay can be a good place to pick up meters.
But better yet, here's a link to one of our sponsors. They sell a bunch of PH, PPM, EC related meters, at really good prices.. quality tools IMO..:winkyface:

Meters

Your temps and RH sound great.
I wouldn't recommend changing your light output around so much though, especially them this young. I'd keep it at 50% for another week at least, then maybe up to 75%.. Maybe raise your light up a few inches too..
Good to hear you got a "de" humidifier. I'm thinking that's what you meant..

You must be stoked to get your tent set up!

Am definitely stoked about setting up the tent. Really excited to see how well I do with these ladies. Just had a nightmare that they were growing balls!!!

:rofl::rofl:
I used to have those nightmares when I started too..
laying awake in bed, wondering, "did I forget to do this?"
"or what abut this!!!!" and have to go check on them..

That's why I only deal with clones. No need worrying about that kind of thing.
I've popped quite a few seeds in my day, but even popping feminized seeds, you never really know 100% that it's going to grow up to be a female. I'd rather get down to business right away without having to worry about sexing, and "balls" potentially dropping pollen on the ladies..

They're really tough at this stage and grow like crazy..
They can pretty much take anything you can throw at them.
So try not to worry too much..
:thumb:

I also plan on increasing the lighting to 75% next watering. Been keeping it at 50% and raised the lights higher to about 2 foot above the ladies. Wanted them to stretch a little bit to make it easier for me to LST but they didn't really stretch. lol

I'll be transplanting the Head band to it's final pot which will be a 3.7 gallon and keep the OG's in the current pot they are in.

your LST looks good!
just let em do their thing.
When they get a few more nodes, I'd top em..

Whaaaaaaat!!!
There's your grow setup right there!
good for you brother.

Back
Top Bottom