My First Grow - THC Bomb in Soil Under CFLs

Nothing new today other than a ton of secondary growth on the super cropped plant. The lower branches are working on their third nodes already.These plants are only about 3-4" tall, but the base of the stem is well over 1/4" thick. I have em another shot of nutes last night, 1/2 dose again, and I'll be transplanting them into a 10 gallon pot tonight. Still no signs of sex yet, it's driving me nuts waiting to find out. Anyways, I'll get more pics up once I get em in their new home. Peace y'all:)

Hey just a quick thought. Have you thought about putting each girl in her own pot. Reason being as they grow they might get deficiencies or feeding needs that are different from each other- and you'd have to treat them both when only one needed it. 3 of my 9 have needed less ferts and a more stable ph than the others- I'm glad they each have their own pot!

Hey just a quick thought. Have you thought about putting each girl in her own pot. Reason being as they grow they might get deficiencies or feeding needs that are different from each other- and you'd have to treat them both when only one needed it. 3 of my 9 have needed less ferts and a more stable ph than the others- I'm glad they each have their own pot!

Hey Flower Child, I put them in the same pot because of my limited space, 1x1x2 ft, and planned on having to pull one if it was a male. I'll now be moving them to a new box when I transplant, where space won't be an issue, 2x4x4 ft. If I could separate them now I would, but I think they'll be intertwined at the roots.

What's up y'all, I got my new box almost set up, still missing exhaust, and transplanted to the ten gallon pot. Now with the bigger box my cfls don't look as bright. I'm running ten 26 watt bulbs and I'm thinking that's not enough. was looking at some hps and mh setups but they're so expensive. cost is a big issue for me cause my old lady is a tight ass. Does anybody have any fairly inexpensive lighting ideas? I was considering buying a cheap (under $100) 150 watt hps, but not sure about it, or just fill the box with a ton of cfls. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

Hey Billy, I have a 600w air cooled hps in a 4x4 tent. For a 2x4 space you could probably get by with less. 600w hps needs to be 18" away from the tops of the plants so height could be an issue. Heat might be the other issue because they do get pretty warm. Mines air cooled with a 6" exhaust fan to 6" ducting that leads outdoors. If the room the tent is in gets above 73 degrees the tent inches up over 84 deg pretty fast. Think the AC is going to be running a lot this summer. A 400w or even smaller might work in a 2x4 space a lot better. Just a thought. By the way, your bombs look really healthy-Beautiful girls!

Can anybody tell me why my plants are so short? They look healthy, I've been told they're healthy, but they're so short, only about 5" tall. The stems are fat, well over 1/4" thick and there are several nodes. Am I just being impatient? They're about a month old. I want them short due to training, but I can't really train these things.
:) Peace

Can anybody tell me why my plants are so short? They look healthy, I've been told they're healthy, but they're so short, only about 5" tall. The stems are fat, well over 1/4" thick and there are several nodes. Am I just being impatient? They're about a month old. I want them short due to training, but I can't really train these things.
:) Peace
Compact Florescent Lights usually produce squat plants.

Hey there King John, I'm seeing that. It makes it a pain in the ass to work with them. Got em in their new home now. I have an idea I'm gonna try for lighting, stay tuned for that. Anyways, here are some pics....

This is the one I super cropped. Three new tops have emerged with nice tight node spacing as well. There are now 4 nodes above the spot I pinched so I was thinking about super cropping the top again and tying it down. Don't know yet.
20130530_204658.jpg
20130530_175333.jpg
20130530_173153.jpg
20130530_173235.jpg
20130530_204626.jpg

Here's the one I tied down. After seeing the growth in the other plant, I had to super crop this one too. Did it 2 days ago and already seeing effects. I kept it tied down. That's the only way I can get light through the canopy.
20130530_204556.jpg
20130530_204709.jpg
20130530_175243.jpg
20130530_204810.jpg

Hey Billy! They're looking good. When are you planning to flip them? They will stretch like crazy then. :thumb:

My bombs were 7 weeks when they showed their pistils so you probably have a couple weeks yet.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom