My First Grow - THC Bomb in Soil Under CFLs

I think I see signs of sex. And I think I have one of each. Can someone please confirm this before I yank the male.
Here's the one I believe to be a male...
20130612_171835.jpg

And the female...
20130612_171919.jpg

:) Peace

Hey Hodder356 thanks for stopping by. Shortly after I changed out lights the temps went through the roof. It was 97 in no time, but I was keeping an eye on it so I got it back down to around 80 pretty quick. I had to add another exhaust fan and a small fan inside the box. Temps look good now. I'm considering taking a few fan leaves out cause they're like an umbrella blocking all the light to the lower areas.

you will have several days before male pollen sacks open. if your female plants do not have pistols yet i would not worry about your plants getting pollinated. here is a photograph of what Male Female Cannabis Plants look like. i hope this is helpful.

Male_Female_Cannabis_Plants.jpg

Picture update....
20130615_191743.jpg

And then there was one....
20130615_200357.jpg

Last night was rough. Had to pull the male. It's probably a blessing in disguise cause I was running outta room. I went and tied down the female a little more. She's really a pain in the ass to work with cause of all the growth. This LST thing is great but I think I fucked up somewhere along the line. I don't have the room to spread her out all the way to keep her even. Live and learn I guess. I'm ready for this grow to be over already. I'm definitely doing a scrog next time. This shit can be frustrating. Anyways, enough bitching, here are a couple pics of the male. The stalk on this guy, at the base, was 5/8" thick, while the plant, had I let it grow up, was only about 9" tall. My female is the same way. It seems like I have a foot and a half tall plant compressed down to 9 or 10 inches.
20130615_193140.jpg
20130615_193152.jpg

Peace

Hey Raven your ladies look great! I've already started flowering. I'm only on day four though. I thought about throwing a screen over it and see what happens. I'm gonna play it by ear I think. I'm not gonna tie any more down and see what kind of stretch I get. If it stretches a lot I'll try the screen. If it doesn't I'll just tie it down and finish this way. I got some feminized grape ape seeds in the other day. I tossed a few my buddy's way and he started one without having anything planned out so he sent it back my way yesterday with a 1/2" taproot. I put it in soil yesterday and it popped last night! Not sure what I'm gonna do with it though. Probably put it under the same light as the flowering plant and see what happens. I know I won't get much going 12/12 from seed, but I'm not out anything if I do. Anybody got any other ideas what to do with it? I've got lights to veg it out but don't have a veg chamber set up. Anyways, I'll shut up now. Take it easy y'all and happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there. Hope it was a good day.

Hey KingJohn, yeah it's a bummer, but I guess that's the risk you take with regular seeds. At least I got one female. From now on its feminized seeds only. My female looks good, I think. There are pistils everywhere already. I'm 5 days into flower now. I'm struggling to keep light to all the bud sites. The fan leaves cover the entire plant. I know you said people usually wait to take fan leaves off till day 20 to 25, but is there any downside to doing it now? I'm also considering trying to throw a screen on top and scrog it. This plant has 50% more vegitation than most cause it has three branches at each node. It gives me more bud sites, but a much thicker canopy too. Any suggestions?
PS Not trying to kiss any asses here, but I was thinking today that without this site and the support I've received from its members (you guys and gals) I'd be dead in the water and my plants would be dead in the dirt (haha! Get it?) Just wanna say thanks y'all. My plants and I appreciate it.

if you defoliate with your plant so early into flowering i believe you will stunt its development as the plant is now focused on pistil and bud formation. people usually wait until day 20-25 to defoliate so their plants are mostly through the stretch phase of growth seen during flowering, then defoliate again at day 40-45. defoliation at day 20-25 will also limit the plants total height as well and can be used to control how tall plants will get. i have never had a cannabis plant that grew 3 leaves at every node to advise you on its specifics. when you defoliate i would remove all the lower growth and any fan leaves that cover bud sites. if you wish to add a screen to your plant it is not too late to do so.

Hey billy! Sorry about the male. He was such a pretty plant.:rip:.. Your surviving girl will love all the extra room though. Can't wait to see how much she stretches tied down like that! My bombs were 12" when they were flipped three weeks ago and as of this morning the tallest is 30" and the shortest about 27", so if your girl follows suit she's about to get big! :goodjob: :cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

Hey y'all, got some pics. I hope my lady doesn't stretch as much as yours did Flower Child. I'm struggling to control her as it is. I'm working on building a mother/veg chamber in my box. How the hell do you light proof the intake and exhaust? I can't figure that one out. Anyways, 6 days into flowering and she is stretching out a bit but not too bad. I swapped out 4 of my bulbs for the 6500k cause I read they put out uvb which helps with potency. Good call? Bad call? Also, according to the Fox Farm feeding schedule I should be feeding once a week. I only water once a week cause I'm using a 10 gallon pot and it doesn't dry out that fast. Up until now I've fed every other watering. Should I be feeding every watering? Anyhow, here they are. The Grape Ape is only 3 days old.
20130618_191119.jpg
20130618_190643.jpg
20130618_223632.jpg
20130618_223534.jpg

:) Peace y'all

when i built my cabinet i used a light baffle to block light from entering or exiting the box.

here is a Diy Light Baffle just make sure your baffle has twice the entrance volume as the exhaust fan size you are using.

Diy_Light_Baffle.jpg

Hey y'all, 8 days into flower now. I f**ked up last night and accidentally turned my timer off which left the lights on for the whole dark period. I turned it back on and returned it to the normal schedule. When the lights go out they will have been on for 36 hours strait. I probably just created a hermie, but shit happens I guess. The hairs are all over the place, a lot of them are about 1/2 inch long. I'm about to start my flowering nutes the day after tomorrow. I finished my veg chamber tonight, KingJohn I took your advice for light proofing and it worked great. I now have my Grape Ape under 24 hours of light and tonight I started a Royal Cheese, White Widow and an Afghan Kush, all feminized. Here are a few pics.
20130620_224301.jpg
20130620_224213.jpg
20130620_224444.jpg

Sorry about the sideways pics. I turn them all different ways before I upload them, but they all turn out sideways.
:) Peace y'all

Back
Top Bottom