My First Journal

smoke99

This is my first journal, not my first grow just the first published log.
Germinated seed planted Jan 1 2021
GDP feminized seed from a domestic seed bank in Cali.
Medium is soil, fox farms ocean blend in a 3 gallon pot.
Indoor 1000 watt LED light.
Have other plants in progress but nothing documented on them

20210120_124318.jpg

20210120_124314.jpg

20210120_124310.jpg

Well now things just took a turn for awesome! The small bag on the zon is 30 bucks for 6lbs.
My local feed store FINALLY got a shipment of foxfarms soil!!!!!
30 bucks for 6lbs or

30.95 for 40 lbs
I got 2 of the big boys so now I'm not skimping on soil and new plants.

been reading a few other journals and never knew there were so many ways to germinate a seed
before today. I live in farm country, seriously, traffic jams here usually involve a large tractor and some kind of sprayer, plow etc. I've had pretty solid results germinating the same way we did lima beans back in 3rd grade science class, wet paper towel seed and aluminum foil folded around it, toss in the window for sun and heat a few days, get roots every time I have done this way. I get I am only growing for personal consumption, and if I had to germinate more than a few seeds it could be difficult, but I like simple things since that is about all I can handle most days it seems.

Boggles my mind how fast these things grow.
Not even 24 hours and visible growth from one pic to the next pic.
Medium is straight out of the bag fox farms ocean soil as seen in the pics above. Day 22 now, nothing but my hard water tap water, seriously FL has water so full of limerock it's ridiculous but she seems to like it. Will start nutes around day 30ish depending on how the plant looks in a week.

20210122_165305.jpg

20210122_165300.jpg

Like the little engine that could, she just keeps going.
I should put a ruler in this for perspective because that's over a foot wide container and this plant is just filling it rite up. Gave here a drink with some lite nutes just a watered down fox farms grow big that I'm feeding to my G13 beside this one and some P&K kick because they are about to go into flower they are autos so not my choice you can see the flowers forming getting that light yellow tint in the leaf centers

20210123_075905.jpg

20210123_075858.jpg

Like the little engine that could, she just keeps going.
I should put a ruler in this for perspective because that's over a foot wide container and this plant is just filling it rite up. Gave here a drink with some lite nutes just a watered down fox farms grow big that I'm feeding to my G13 beside this one and some P&K kick because they are about to go into flower they are autos so not my choice you can see the flowers forming getting that light yellow tint in the leaf centers

20210123_075905.jpg

20210123_075858.jpg
Beautiful garden my friend. :thumb:

I swear everytime I come here to post I read more journals and see I have again failed to include so many details
Location is inside temp stays around 80 F most of the time. I have a small fan circulating air around the plants.
Growing is done on a wire shelving unit on wheels 29 inches wide 18 inches deep and 4 feet tall. It's standard shelving with adjustable positioning for the shelves but it works best top and bottom no middle
When they are small the 1000 watt LED hangs from the top and as they grow I just move the entire light to the top shelf on the outside.
Really struggled getting started with weak lighting and sluggish growth till a friend recommended these 1000 watt dual spectrum has a flower and a veg setting. Honestly just run em both on at the same time.
Not sure how the rules work about posting something that may have a sponsor selling similar and if this violates a rule just delete the pic or post as needed. However if it's kosher these lights are reasonably priced and work great.

Screenshot_20210123-171939_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Some full sunlight photos today!!
The larger plant is the aforementioned G13 1 of 2, the 2nd is still in time out as we had to do some tie downs and such for some low tech scrogging
GDP is absolutely kicking ass. The pics really show my lack of ability to capture this plant.
I swear I can leave and come home and there is visible growth in 8 hours

20210124_094211.jpg

20210124_094203.jpg

20210124_094129.jpg

20210124_094125.jpg

I had a Bestiva 1000W Led. It was actual 130 Watts... These lights are so misleading. in case you don't know. It is recommended as general guideline of 30-50 actual Led watts from the wall per square foot. Your light is good for like 3 square ft.

Oh I've been down the LED light path before!
I have 2 of these and honestly my actual growing space is about 4x6 footprint so 2 is about perfect for the space
If your happy with the results of your grows with those lights then who is anyone to say different.

Back
Top Bottom