My First Plant - Cookie Killer (Auto)

I've had a lot of helpful conversations here about soil mix for a indoor containers for which I'm grateful.

It's cold and snowy today but 'm planning my first outdoor grow in grow bags now for both autos and photos.

I know if I use something like Miracle Grow potting mix I will be watering the plants twice a day in full sun in my backyard (which doesn't seem right). It seems like I would want something more soil based as opposed to something like MG mixed with coir.

What do you use in your outdoor grow bags that you have been successful with please? 🙂☮️

Lots of very helpful content on this site. I have some links in my sig for some of my favorite practices, but a simple search on almost any canna topic you could imagine is here for the asking.

Thanks! 👍 I couldn't find anything in a search about outdoor container soil mix though. This is my new mission to understand. Lol

I've had a lot of helpful conversations here about soil mix for a indoor containers for which I'm grateful.

It's cold and snowy today but 'm planning my first outdoor grow in grow bags now for both autos and photos.

I know if I use something like Miracle Grow potting mix I will be watering the plants twice a day in full sun in my backyard (which doesn't seem right). It seems like I would want something more soil based as opposed to something like MG mixed with coir.

What do you use in your outdoor grow bags that you have been successful with please? 🙂☮️
FFHF +FFOF CL🍀

For ease of use a good soil would be best.
Watering will be every few days depending on your location and weather conditions.
Putting them directly in the ground will make Watering even less repetitive.
I run coco and feed daily.
I don't mind the work.
But for simplicity soil is it.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

For ease of use a good soil would be best.
Watering will be every few days depending on your location and weather conditions.
Putting them directly in the ground will make Watering even less repetitive.
I run coco and feed daily.
I don't mind the work.
But for simplicity soil is it.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
I'm going to put two in the ground also to experience this as well. What you share is always very helpful. Thanks again. 👍☮️

I definitely have light leaks around the door. Is this an issue if I'm just at growing auto flowers? I read it's definitely an issue for photos.
Just so happened that another thread had some new msgs earlier today. You might find this thread interesting, at least regarding whether you should worry about light leaks.
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/keeping-plants-in-veg-outdoors.537698/post-5890306

I was thinking that maybe you are in this neighborhood then realized that snowy weather today takes up a good portion of the US and Canada;).

Just so happened that another thread had some new msgs earlier today. You might find this thread interesting, at least regarding whether you should worry about light leaks.
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/keeping-plants-in-veg-outdoors.537698/post-5890306

I was thinking that maybe you are in this neighborhood then realized that snowy weather today takes up a good portion of the US and Canada;).
Thanks 👍

I wonder if you would be willing to share your recipe for your soil mix that you use for both indoor and outdoor containers. Or maybe it was what you mentioned earlier 1/3 compost 1/3 spaghnum 1/3 pearlite?

Thanks 👍

I wonder if you would be willing to share your recipe for your soil mix that you use for both indoor and outdoor containers. Or maybe it was what you mentioned earlier 1/3 compost 1/3 spaghnum 1/3 pearlite?
That is the classic holy trinity of ingredients for a 'base mix' that gardeners have been using for probably a 100 years or so. One thing I have changed to the base is that I use 2 parts compost and 1 part peat moss and 1 part Perlite. Most of my non cannabis plants are in pots filled only with this new base and later if I feel like it I will fertilize the flower plants.

Thing is, if trying to mix up a super-soil based on something like SubCool's or Coot's recipes it can be hard to find all of their ingredients. Then the fun begins because then the gardener has to try to figure out or guess which ingredients have to be included and which can be skipped. What does each amendment add to the mix? How to make a substitution for a missing amendment? It all depends on if you want to follow a white rabbit and how deep into that rabbit hole you are willing to go.

(White Rabbit, one of the great classic songs to have come out of the 60's.)

That is the classic holy trinity of ingredients for a 'base mix' that gardeners have been using for probably a 100 years or so. One thing I have changed to the base is that I use 2 parts compost and 1 part peat moss and 1 part Perlite. Most of my non cannabis plants are in pots filled only with this new base and later if I feel like it I will fertilize the flower plants.

Thing is, if trying to mix up a super-soil based on something like SubCool's or Coot's recipes it can be hard to find all of their ingredients. Then the fun begins because then the gardener has to try to figure out or guess which ingredients have to be included and which can be skipped. What does each amendment add to the mix? How to make a substitution for a missing amendment? It all depends on if you want to follow a white rabbit and how deep into that rabbit hole you are willing to go.

(White Rabbit, one of the great classic songs to have come out of the 60's.)
I don't want to follow the white rabbit with this especially since I'm just starting out with this. The 2-1-1 ratio sounds good to me. Thanks very much man! 👍👍☮️

I don't want to follow the white rabbit with this especially since I'm just starting out with this. The 2-1-1 ratio sounds good to me. Thanks very much man! 👍👍☮️
Terrapin.....you might not want to but you eventually will. Its an addiction for sure. When those budz are ripe for pickin you will understand.

I have learned from past experiences that Auto’s don’t do as well outside compared to indoors. I grew 2 plants that ended up being Pygmy’s. Good luck 👍 n happy growing. CL🍀 :thumb: :headbanger:

I got to work on a few farms in Northern California. The way they did it out that way was to do a subcool supersoil mix and let it cook for 60 days in the sun. We'd dig 3 foot holes and fill the bottom 1/3 with the super soil. The rest of the hole got filled with the regular mix.
This sounds good. All these tips and suggestions are really helpful. 👍👍☮️

I can picture this. This sounds right. 🙂✔️☮️
I started with a single plant in a garbage can size space bucket about a year and a half ago. Then got a 4x2 tent about a year ago. Now theres talk with the gf about getting another tent. Hell I now have 5 LSD clones vegging in my spare bath tub. I should have got a 4x4 tent to start with.
20240110_202500.jpg

I started with a single plant in a garbage can size space bucket about a year and a half ago. Then got a 4x2 tent about a year ago. Now theres talk with the gf about getting another tent. Hell I now have 5 LSD clones vegging in my spare bath tub. I should have got a 4x4 tent to start with.
20240110_202500.jpg
I hear what you are saying and can relate. Lol I think I became addicted to this during week 1 actually. 🙂 Your clones look great! Good luck on the 4x4. Hmm . . . Yeah a grow tent is starting to sound good to me. 🙂☮️

I hear what you are saying and can relate. Lol I think I became addicted to this during week 1 actually. 🙂 Your clones look great! Good luck on the 4x4. Hmm . . . Yeah a grow tent is starting to sound good to me. 🙂☮️
With the price of legal weed in my state....The 4x2 tent paid for itself after the first grow. I'm on my third grow now and it's all gravy.

Back
Top Bottom