Akephalon's Soil White Cookies Journal

I’m too high right now to go back downstairs and take a picture, but yesterday I transplanted my plants into some 5 gallon fabric pots. They look like they’ve taken to their new pots nicely, which is good. It also means that the humidity stays fairly stable, which is also good.

Tomorrow will be their third week planted and second week of nutrients. Only a week away from the switch to flowering!

Well, here’s what they look like post-transplant. The runt is still pretty short, and for some reason they don’t seem to be growing upwards as much as they’re putting in leaves, which is weird. I’ll have to look into this.

Anyone have any tips?

And the runt:

how long ago did you transplant ? Could it be transplant shock. I transplanted mine a few days ago and they stopped growing for about a day then carried on

So today I’m switching over from growth to bloom on my lights! I’ll change the schedule slowly over the next few weeks. They’re getting big now; even the runt is looking good!

Looking good! When you say "ill change the schedule slowly over the next few weeks" What do you mean? Lights or nutrients? Happy growing!

It’s been almost a month since I’ve posted, mainly because nothing was going on. However, the ladies have grown nicely including the runt. I’ve had some nutrient burn which I attributed to high doses - I’ve decreased the dose and am keeping a close eye on things, including halving the recommended dose. Here’s a couple of pictures!

551614B9-5053-4DD9-8E75-815DB8BA98F9.jpeg 2278AC42-F9CC-45C5-9B4F-E1185FDA417F.jpeg

Alright, it turns out that I have just been a bit down about how my plants were looking. I was asking a buddy about harvesting this afternoon and sent him a picture. He told me they weren't ready yet and that the buds would start curling in when they were ready for the chop.

My buds are not curled and dense by any means. I was focusing on the micro and neglected the macro.

I also did a bit of reading today and it was suggested that I give my trees a bit of a trim to clean up some of the crap that's just using up resources that the buds can use. I trimmed the up and was astounded by how much better they looked - more like pictures I see elsewhere of long kolas and glistening resin.

And on that note, here's the runt of the litter. It was definitely too bushy and it's obvious that I'm going to get a good harvest off of it. The second picture is of the largest plant pre-trim, and the third the largest plant in the tent post-trim.

57948854882__4F570055-E0F0-4B22-8C52-4FE7A5BCDF4B.JPGTC6MoXgPQd+WKfEp4Me0Uw.jpg57948857062__BC175C98-0699-4C0C-B66E-BF2AFFF52CCB.JPG

I've definitely got some time left in this grow, probably another two weeks.

How is the plant looking? Have you looked at the trichomes?

The plants are looking good. I can’t really tell by the trichomes; I have a hard time distinguishing cloudy from clear. The leaves are getting nice and sparkly though. I fed them for the last time last week and the next two weeks will be giving them plain water.

Basically I’m going to be harvesting the first of June, as the flowering time stated by Crop King is nine weeks. The plants should be ready by then and unless they’re obviously ready before or obviously not ready that weekend they’ll be coming down.

Do you have a jewlers loupe to look at the thricomes. if not you can get one on Amazon for about $20 you will easily be able to tell if your thricomes are clear or cloudy. The plant is at peak ripeness when all the thricomes are cloudy. I wait until I have about 10 to 15 % amber then I chop. You can't go by breeders timelines

Holy. Shit.

@N420 reminded me to have a look at my flowers with my jeweller's loupe. I now know that the reason why I couldn't tell the difference between clear and cloudy trichomes was that my flowers didn't have any cloudy trichomes. Some of my flowers are seriously white. I'm not seeing any amber yet though, so I'm still pretty much on track for harvest on the 1st.

I took a few other pictures, but I'm a bit of a shaky dude and none of them turned out.

This shit is pretty exciting!

Back
Top Bottom