Zora21's Cookies Gelato & OG Kush Grow Journal Ft. Mars TS3000

Zora21

Hi, welcome to my journal. I believe last time I tried this was in 2017 and it didn't go well. This time I'm very much dedicated to journaling at least for my own documentation and learning.

1st seed(OG Kush freebie) started germinating roughly march 14 and took about 7 days to germinate because it got incredibly cold because my house furnace failed. Luckily I warmed it up and it continued.

2nd seed(Cookies Gelato) started germinating, just cracked the shell and then stopped germinating so I trashed it. This will be the last time mentioning this one.

3rd seed(Cookies Gelato) started germinating April 3rd and popped from its pot yesterday April 7th.

4th seed(Cookies Gelato) started in pot April 6th as I wasn't sure the 3rd was going to pop but here we are. Yet to sprout to surface.

OG Kush is sitting roughly 17 days veg, it's been an weird mutated plant since the beginning (leaf twisting/growing partial leafs). I was traveling so it got an early up pot which slowed growth. It's finally setting into it's new home and showing signs of magnesium deficiency I think?

Strain/s: Cookies Gelato & OG Kush
Genetic Makeup: Hybrid Sativa
Pot/Bucket Size: 15gal fabric pot vivosun
Tent Size: 5' x 5' ac infinity
Grow Space: 5' x 5'
How Many Plants: 3? Maybe more
Environment: Indoor
Stage: vegetative/seedling
Medium: Pro mix with added perlite
Lights: 450w Mars ts3000 and maxisun mf2000
Nutrients: Green gro biological pridelands veg/bloom, and green aminos
Room/Tent Temperature: 65°-79°
Waiting on controller for more stability
Relative Humidity: 55%-70%
Media/Res PH: 6.2
Pests: None
Watering: Once Daily

IMG20240408124827.jpg

IMG20240408124427.jpg

IMG20240408124539.jpg

IMG20240408124700.jpg

IMG20240408124531.jpg

OG Kush is looking a bit deficient, but I've decided to hold off on watering for now. I did give it a dose of dry amendment, raked it in, and lightly watered the top layer, hoping it'll break down and be ready for when I do water next. Since moving it to a larger pot, it's only just started sipping on the water, bringing the meter down to 9/10. I'm not religiously following the water meter, but it's handy for this early potting stage.

I've noticed roots popping out from the bottom of the new pot. So, the next watering session will be all about getting those roots to spread out more. They seem to be starting to do that on their own, which is cool to see!

Also attached photo of the cookies gelato #1 and a picture of what I believe to be a magnesium deficiency.

IMG20240408124447.jpg

IMG20240408124654.jpg

IMG20240408161647.jpg

IMG20240408161619.jpg

IMG20240408161553.jpg

IMG20240408161548.jpg

IMG20240408161419.jpg

IMG20240408161418.jpg

IMG20240408161218.jpg

IMG20240408161136.jpg

Day 18 for the OG Kush

1000000805.jpg

1000000804.jpg

Added picture of a weird branch that burst through the stem of the plant? This plant does weird stuff.

1000000817.jpg

Still deficient in I believe magnesium, I should probably foliar spray but I don't have Epsom salt. Checking to see if the green aminos has magnesium now. Really avoiding watering as I can still feel the pot is quite heavy. The early up pot into a large pot really slowed the process but it's now starting to make noticable differences in the water content. Hovering 9 1/2 and 8 on the water meter.

Day 2 for Cookies Gelato #1

1000000813.jpg

No changes and still pushing along. I will slowly be removing the dome(plastic bag) and getting it used to more light and less humidity

Day 1 - Cookies Gelato #2
1000000815.jpg

She sprouted this morning so over the next six days she will slowly be getting used to more light just like the other.

Looking forward to this journey! It's gonna be a long haul. Also pumped to kick off a couple more projects—I've got two packs of Brothers Grimm tester seeds on the way. Once they land, I'll be diving into Genius Juice and Rosetta 78 right away.

I'm taking my time with this one. I'm not really using the product. I'm just all about enjoying the process and seeing what I can create from these seeds. Thankfully I know people who will be very greatful for the flower. Planning to let them veg for 80 days or maybe even longer, and then transferring them into 15-gallon pots or bigger if necessary.

Day 21 - OG Kush
1000000826.jpg
1000000825.jpg
1000000827.jpg

Nothing too crazy going on here. She is still showing signs on not being happy, whether that's a deficiency, wind burn, nite burn, or something else idk lol. She got topped on the 19th day and has been making steady progress on the lower branches, it's so hard to tell in pictures with how bushy she is though.

Day 5 - cookies gelato #1
1000000830.jpg

Day 4 - Cookies Gelato #2
1000000829.jpg

Seedlings are making progress. I decided to just take the domes off yesterday, if they can't make it, then I just decided they aren't worth it if they die off.

Day 21 - OG Kush
1000000826.jpg
1000000825.jpg
1000000827.jpg

Nothing too crazy going on here. She is still showing signs on not being happy, whether that's a deficiency, wind burn, nite burn, or something else idk lol. She got topped on the 19th day and has been making steady progress on the lower branches, it's so hard to tell in pictures with how bushy she is though.

Day 5 - cookies gelato #1
1000000830.jpg

Day 4 - Cookies Gelato #2
1000000829.jpg

Seedlings are making progress. I decided to just take the domes off yesterday, if they can't make it, then I just decided they aren't worth it if they die off.
Definitely not nutrient burn, or wind burn. I would lean towards deficiency, is this the only spot on plant!?

Seedlings will make it! Keep em warmer, they didn't like to get cold.

Definitely not nutrient burn, or wind burn. I would lean towards deficiency, is this the only spot on plant!?

Seedlings will make it! Keep em warmer, they didn't like to get cold.

Thank you for taking the time to visit.

As far as I can tell, this leaf seems to be the only one displaying these specific symptoms. I've noticed other spots that I believe might be from pinching leaves, leaving holes, and also issues caused by foliar spraying. Additionally, the middle of the leaves has been turning yellow with yellowing tips, leading me to suspect a magnesium deficiency. Attached are some pictures, hopefully, one of them captures the issue clearly in one.

IMG20240412184843.jpg

IMG20240412184921.jpg

IMG20240412184955.jpg

IMG20240412185032.jpg

IMG20240412185146.jpg

So lets start here, this looks like the beginning of magnesium deficiency. Down the right half of the leaf, you can see some yellow splotching starting.
Screenshot_20240412_191716_Chrome.jpg

This one looks suspicious, could be a phosphorus deficiency. Just do some research see what you think before you do anything different. Ie. the brown patch.
Screenshot_20240412_191727_Chrome.jpg

I personally am not a fan of foliar spray unless you desperately need it, or have severe issues.

Are you checking your pH?

How do you know when to water your plant? Do you know the feeling of an empty pot?

Sometimes the most simple thing is the solution.

So lets start here, this looks like the beginning of magnesium deficiency. Down the right half of the leaf, you can see some yellow splotching starting.
Screenshot_20240412_191716_Chrome.jpg

This one looks suspicious, could be a phosphorus deficiency. Just do some research see what you think before you do anything different. Ie. the brown patch.
Screenshot_20240412_191727_Chrome.jpg

I personally am not a fan of foliar spray unless you desperately need it, or have severe issues.

Are you checking your pH?

How do you know when to water your plant? Do you know the feeling of an empty pot?

Sometimes the most simple thing is the solution.
Thank so much for the extra info.

I ph my water to roughly 6.3

The first water into the new pot I actually entirely forgot to ph the water though, so a lot of the water remaining in the pot was never phed. I've only watered one more time, but it was a very surgical watering with a dropper to try and stop the deficiency in its tracks by watering the top roots only, which seemed to help honestly.(With a pre brewed compost tea)

As far as watering, I'm using the meter as assistance because I up potted super early into a larger pot as I was traveling for work. The pot still has some weight to it and it's finally drinking up the water, moving the dial from past 10 to 8 now. I also have further evidence as thick and small roots are popping out of the bottom of the container everywhere.

I feel I shot myself in the foot a little bit with the quick up pot, especially because I'm using organic dry amendments and did not want to over water to quickly. At day 18 or so I raked in dry amendments and very lightly moisted the top layer so they might be available by the next watering. I'm expecting to fully wet the pot again in another 2-4 days as it seems to be drinking a decent amount over night now.

I'm glad you have been watching what your doing. You seem to be going in the right direction.

You cannot trust the moisture meters, they are notoriously known for being inaccurate.

I know it sounds crazy. But knowing how heavy the pot is when wet and dry. Is invaluable. You noticable once you get a feel for it.

6.3ph is perfect

Quick update.

Day 24 - OG Kush
1000000859.jpg
1000000860.jpg

Still showing more signs of deficiency. The medium had been top dressed around a week ago but not watered in until today. Hopefully the signs will fade off with new growth and perhaps grow faster. She is still pushing at a decent enough rate, it's just super bushy and being actively tied down.

At this point though, I'm going to let her grow up and just feed.

Day 7 - Cookies Gelato #2
1000000858.jpg

Leaves are creeping out slowly, and I totally mixed up Cookies Gelato #2 with its bigger sis. I also forgot to grab a picture of her, I'll have to later.

Within 10 days I'm expecting both babies get new pots. Gonna teach them different: #1 gets mainlined, #2 gets topped and bowl trained.

Might switch things up later if space gets tight. Only 70 more days of vegging easy peasy, right? 😄

I think I went from deficiency to burn, still figuring out what they need lol. Also just need to slow down and make sure I'm feeding accurately.

Day 29 - OG kush
1000000883.jpg

1000000881.jpg
1000000873.jpg
1000000871.jpg
1000000872.jpg

Still figuring this girl out. I saw some signs of what I thought was light burn on 2 leafs, I cut them off. So I backed the light off and seemed to explode over night. That being said I think I have obvious signs on nitrogen toxicity or pH issue with the clawing tips and some burning here and there. Not a huge deal to me as it's apart of the process and I'm just taking it slow. I watered at 6 ph this morning just dechlorinated water to runoff. It actually drank most of all the water in about 5 days so no more waiting 15 days to water lol.

Day 13 - Cookies Gelato #1
1000000875.jpg
1000000876.jpg

All is well enough here, she had some issues with her second set of leafs but seems to be doing fine now.

Day 12 - Cookies Gelato #2

1000000878.jpg

Same thing here, just steady at it. Except instead of an discoloration in the leafs, this one just decided to twist.

I can't wait to transplant and start training the seedlings as they got a little hard to tell one from the other for a second. No real difference in phenotype that I can tell at this point but time will tell.

The seedlings had only been under roughly 120ppfd and have now been moved up to about 220ppfd. They where also watered this morning alongside the OG kush, the seedlings take about 2 days to empty their pots ATM so they will be transplanted soon.

1000000878.jpg

1000000877.jpg

Things are moving a bit slow for the OG Kush but she gets an update regardless.

Day 34 - OG Kush
1000000933.jpg

Don't judge me for the strings on the ground, I'm gonna deal with them trust me lol. She is deficient or toxicity or lockout. Who knows, I wish I did:hmmmm:

Day 18 - Cookies Gelato #1
1000000931.jpg

She is showing her first signs of rebellion, can't say I blame her. Probably over watered from the transplant and honestly looks like phosphorus issue with the leaf twisting, purple running down fan leaves and down stems. It also has a spot on the twisted leaf that doesn't come through in pictures well, looks just like everything I can see from phosphorus issue on the forums.

Day 17 - Cookies Gelato #2

1000000932.jpg

Same symptoms here, leaf twisting with purple stems. All 3 have had kind of the same run around issues. Not sure what to do but she is growing, so I'm proud of her.

I'm eventually going to work the issues out, I think. Until then the leaves can have a dance party and turn whatever color they enjoy haha.

Some quick photos and a shout-out to the wonderful growers and community here on 420 mag.

@Wastei
@bluter
@013
I hope you don't mind me tagging you here, thank you all for helping me narrow down my issues, and being patient with me!:lot-o-toke:

1000000934.jpg
1000000936.jpg

OG kush got a up pot and I think she will be much happier. I also cut some of the lower foliage, as all of it will be gone later anyways and it wasn't healthy. I think she's grown more underground than she has above though haha.

Now if I can just get some motivation to do some cable management and clean up the house a little bit this will be a great day.

Take care everyone, and thanks again to everyone coming in, and those who have helped me!

Some quick photos and a shout-out to the wonderful growers and community here on 420 mag.

@Wastei
@bluter
@013
I hope you don't mind me tagging you here, thank you all for helping me narrow down my issues, and being patient with me!:lot-o-toke:

1000000934.jpg
1000000936.jpg

OG kush got a up pot and I think she will be much happier. I also cut some of the lower foliage, as all of it will be gone later anyways and it wasn't healthy. I think she's grown more underground than she has above though haha.

Now if I can just get some motivation to do some cable management and clean up the house a little bit this will be a great day.

Take care everyone, and thanks again to everyone coming in, and those who have helped me!
Hey bud and thanks for the tag! Looks good and welcome to the 420 family! OG Kush is a fun strain to grow! Healthy white looking Spaghetti's! Roots looks very happy!

Very clean looking room! Is that extra mylar in the bottom? That's fancy! Be easy on the light during veg, they dont need much to flourish and more is often not better. I use the light mostly for heat in the beginning stages of growth a good distances away from the plants. Vegging under 100-250w of LED in a 4x4.

You're setup for greatness joining the community and all the best of luck in your growing endeavours!

Cheers! :yahoo:

@Wastei
@bluter
@013

1000000934.jpg
1000000936.jpg

Nice looking garden growmie. Glad you got some good help here with the early on troubles.

If you don't mind I'd like to present a small pointer for future bumps in the road.

The damaged leaves should be left on the plants as a monitoring system. Leaving the already damaged leaves available to take on the first sign of a problem would be better than having the issue start on healthy leaves. In theory (mine...or maybe it's a real thing?! 😅) those leaves for what ever reason are the ones to start showing issues first, so I believe that they would also show first again as they are already "compromised". This is what I do and it allows me to keep on eye on progression, and so far so good I've been able to stop most issues.....even though they are unsightly 😂

anyhow continue rockin on :headbanger:

Hey bud and thanks for the tag! Looks good and welcome to the 420 family! OG Kush is a fun strain to grow! Healthy white looking Spaghetti's! Roots looks very happy!

Very clean looking room! Is that extra mylar in the bottom? That's fancy! Be easy on the light during veg, they dont need much to flourish and more is often not better. I use the light mostly for heat in the beginning stages of growth a good distances away from the plants. Vegging under 100-250w of LED in a 4x4.

You're setup for greatness joining the community and all the best of luck in your growing endeavours!

Cheers! :yahoo:
Thanks!

Yeah it's really helpful to have the floor pan, I can just remove it and spray it off haha.

I'm slowly learning how these new LED's are, considering my last grow was 2017 with 600w actual wattage of blurple and they react way differently. I actually moved the light to the top of the tent today at 100%, which I'm also doing for heat. Otherwise the room stays at like 70° or lower and that seems a little low for fast veg growth.

Thanks again, I'm feeling very confident with everyone here.:party:

Nice looking garden growmie. Glad you got some good help here with the early on troubles.

If you don't mind I'd like to present a small pointer for future bumps in the road.

The damaged leaves should be left on the plants as a monitoring system. Leaving the already damaged leaves available to take on the first sign of a problem would be better than having the issue start on healthy leaves. In theory (mine...or maybe it's a real thing?! 😅) those leaves for what ever reason are the ones to start showing issues first, so I believe that they would also show first again as they are already "compromised". This is what I do and it allows me to keep on eye on progression, and so far so good I've been able to stop most issues.....even though they are unsightly 😂

anyhow continue rockin on :headbanger:
I'm not in a position to say no to advice:laugh:

I actually never thought about that. I'm just so ready to see them happy and green again but that definitely makes sense. I have so many house plants that I keep around for aesthetic that if I don't like something I can just cut it off😂.

Definitely going to stop cutting off all of the hurt leaves, even though it pains me🥹

I'm not in a position to say no to advice:laugh:

I actually never thought about that. I'm just so ready to see them happy and green again but that definitely makes sense. I have so many house plants that I keep around for aesthetic that if I don't like something I can just cut it off😂.

Definitely going to stop cutting off all of the hurt leaves, even though it pains me🥹
Lol I rocked out with the very top cola having yellow and purple patches 🤦‍♂️ tried not to get the bad side during photos 😂 . But no grow is perfect and shit happens....even to "professionals" .....don't fret so much about the issues, you level up Everytime you fix one 😁

Back
Top Bottom