My First Plant

So this is your first time growing weed! A natural talent on display I think.
:thanks:
oh, and I grow roses for the wife,, and I am kinda anal about details,, so I read, read, read, all of the tips here, and put them to use.. so in reality just using the collective wisdom on display here at 420... :)

Your buddy gave you a great clone. I didn't know God Bud did that.

yes he did... although he got his clones mixed up and though he gave me a 'bill's brand' clone... it was a lucky day for me for sure..

OK then your natural talent is being able to read, understand and implement. I wouldn't discount that ability. It's more rare than you think! Roses are probably a good training ground. They are finicky plants to the max and always want something. You're growing weeds now! LOL!

OK then your natural talent is being able to read, understand and implement.

that I will take.. :) and yes,, it is very rare to find people with that talent. unfortunately...

and yeah,, Roses are a b*tch.. weeds are much easier ;)

so, I smoked a bud last night.. was pretty good, decent head high, not much on the body side though. I think it could use another week.. but here is my problem now..

the past week this girl has been spitting out yellow bananas.... this weekend I clipped off 3 or 4 each day,, last night I clipped off about a dozen.

I really do not want to take the chance of me missing one and having it contaminate the room, so tonight I will be taking it out of the room.

now I have 3 options... I can put it back in my bedroom closet for 48 hours of dark,,,,
or I can put it in my closet with the 150w hps + 50 watts of CFL,, but I do not think it will like going from 600w hps to a 150w.... or I can just chop it down :)

I am leaning toward of doing a 48 hour of dark tonight,, but I wanted to get some others opinions as well... what do you think?

Thanks

Late hermies happen. I'd put them in the dark until further notice but sneak in and pick the bananas. It takes those pods a couple of days from emergence to get ripe enough to do any damage.

Head high only tells you that it's not quite done yet but some dark should get it moving. Trichs can also keep developing even after you cut but I don't count of that.

so, I decided to put her in the closet for 48 hours of dark.. (I was gonna put my 150 hps in the closet,, but figured it would not bethat good since she was under a 600....

anyways, figures she would be putting on a party dress now,, but she has been showing too many male parts for my liking...

PICT370.jpg

PICT313.jpg

PICT323.jpg

PICT321.jpg

PICT324.jpg

PICT318.jpg

PICT325.jpg

PICT401.jpg

PICT399.jpg

PICT384.jpg

PICT383.jpg

PICT379.jpg

PICT331.jpg

PICT329.jpg

PICT327.jpg

lots of purple,, looks real nice.. the smell is amazing,, like a cross between berry/grape and spice..

my buddy's plant did this same thing, so he chopped his down about a week before mine (beginning of week 8, I am in middle of week 9) his never started turning purple (on the leaves anyways,, bus has some nice purple in it)

anyways, since his showed a late hermie trait, and mine did as well.. and they were grown in 2 different conditions (one in my closet at 150hps moved to room with 600w) and his stayed under a 400 the whole time..) but two different setups, same plant, both late hermie,,, that makes me think that all of the clones going forward from this plant will be hermie as well.... is that thinking correct?

I do see a couple of seeds on her, so I obviously missed a pod or two,, would these seeds be more inclined to hermie as well?

Beautiful plant! I'd keep picking the male parts until the trichs are ready. Since it's a self late hermie any seeds should exibit the same trait. It's working with the same genetic material. There might be a few seeds that are not herm prone but that would unpredictable at best.

Beautiful plant! I'd keep picking the male parts until the trichs are ready. Since it's a self late hermie any seeds should exibit the same trait. It's working with the same genetic material. There might be a few seeds that are not herm prone but that would unpredictable at best.

thanks.. would you put the 150hps back in the closet (by the time I get home it will have been in dark for 24 hours) or just let it stay in the dark for a few days....?

I'd keep it in the dark and sneak peak and remove the male parts. That's your best way to increase the trichs. She's trying like hell to get pregnant as a last ditch effort to survive genetically. A light at this late stage wouldn't mean a thing so why bother. Got to be cruel to be kind! LOL!

Have you looked at the trichs lately?

yes, last night, just before putting into the closet... starting to see a scattering of amber.. the rest are cloudy (actually they came in cloudy,, have never seen a clear one on this plant, or my buddies either..)

I actually jumped the gun.. DoH.. I had thrown it into the plant of themonth contest, before it started showing purple... I wonder if I lose (and I will, cause Hohdady's is real nice)..when I lose,, can I re-enter her in another month,, with the new pics?.. hmmm

I will definately enter a bud, once I trim/dry and cure.. :yummy:

So, a quick update..
I hacked hger down on 7/3 she was in the dark at that point for 4 days... leaves were not too bad,, started drying up, but that is probably because I had not watered her since I put her into the dark..

here she is, just before getting the axe... (sorry about the crappy picture quality,, was shaking with excitement,, just could not hold the camera still)
IM566.jpg

IM573.jpg

and all neatly trimmed up
I did not get a wet weight... :sorry: got excited :)
IM587.jpg

IM584.jpg

IM588.jpg

That bud next to the lighter is the main cola..

after drying.. got 2 jars..
IM593.jpg

one jar was 23 grams, the other was 24.4, do 47.4 grams so far,, still got the water cure to dry and weigh
IMG3361.jpg

the main cola weight 6.5 all on it's own
IMG337.jpg

IM590.jpg

IM591.jpg

and this was last night's reward ;)
IM596.jpg

IM594.jpg

I love it when a plan comes together! Great results! Let us know what the smoke is like when it is cured! Looks yummy! I'd hit that! LOL!

:thanks: I did hit that,, last night :hookah:
still a little harsh since it just got done drying, and had only briefly seen the inside of a jar... but the high was much better than the last sample:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom