My plan for this season

Those easy ryders just keep getting better bro! Are those others big enough to go out...have you got roots coming out the bottom of the pots?!

Im gonna take some more shots on saturday for your perusal

Spec, yeah i have my concerns about them not being big enough myself.. but yes they the ones i started (WWBB and HG) have roots coming out the bottom of the pots, so think they will be o.k... my friends are not so far along but my commitments elsewhere means they have to go out in next couple of days!!... (good luck ladies)
....and as luck would have it, mother nature has decided that we are due some low temps and possibly some snow!! NOT GOOD!!!!
my sites are situated just below the predicted snow-line, but i am slightly worried about temps and the stress this is going to put on my lovely ladies!!!!
however.... i have devised a cunning plan...
as i was planning to put a sheet of chicken wire around each plant to protect from rabbits/ deer, will just wrap cling-film around and over the chicken wire to form a makeshift greenhouse for the week i'm away.
i hope this works!!

will take some pics in the morning when i go to spot 1 and plant 3 of my girls out..

wish me luck!!!!!!!!!! :goodluck:

Best of wishes lad...work or holiday??I myself work away from home from time to time...and hate it...the gf has to take over and....well...I am a bit anal on how I like to do things...she is a great girl..dont get me wrong...it is just not the same...hearing it over the phone as it is seeing it in person...know what I mean..

a buddy of mine is in a bit of a bind this year...and he has helped me out before...not that I keep score....but he was telling me what was going on yesterday..and I told him to stop by the house and pick up a few things...so this weekend he will be stoping by and 6 will go his way...gotta help a brother out somtimes...not sure it will help all his problems but in 4.5 months it will make some of them go away..

thank you H, it's kind of a holiday.. my Mother's Birthday :happy-birthday: which i like to get back for as i don't see nearly enough of her!!
...and yeah, I know exactly what you mean. when it comes to looking after my plants there is only one person i trust to do it as i would want it done... ME! :laughtwo: sounds like you have good thing going if your gf is willing to help out tho!! i have one friend who i trust completely, and has helped me a bit already... he will probably be helping me out around harvest time too if all goes to plan!! he loves it just as much as i do i think!!!

i wish your friend and the 6 that are going with him lots of luck... :goodluck:
is a very noble thing you have done... good karma dude.

so i did remember the camera this morning!!! :woohoo: even tho i had a bit of a sore head from playing cards with the boys last night!!

2 WWBB and one HG in their transportation device.. (shopping bag with cardboard to stop sides pushing on foliage)
100_2943.JPG

RootJuice and bottle to mix, cling film, pre-cut chicken wire, and tape(which i din't need but took anyway)
100_2944.JPG

wish they were a bit bigger!!! all in then holes now:
100_2945.JPG

i curled up the edges of the wire so i could weigh down with rocks. in the future i think burying the wire into the ground would be better as i know rabbits like to dig!
100_2946.JPG

all done! :high-five:
100_2947.JPG

close up shot:
100_2948.JPG

had to take a quick snap of the EasyRyders today too when i got home:
100_2949.JPG

100_2950.JPG

wow...that looks like quite the set up....if I put chicken wire around mine they would be gone for sure....

playing cards with the guys...I havent done that in awhile was thinking about playing in a poker tourney sat afternoon...but me and the gf went grocery shopping and some how ended up at the bar for a "couple" of beers....lol yea rite....things are still a little fuzzy...nothing a pot of coffee wont cure....French Roast....lol

haha.. 'a couple' of beers never is just a couple is it??!!

I was up early this morning to do the rest of the planting out, and looking up the hill could see that the snow-line had indeed come down to around 1800-2000m!! shitbags! has to be most accurate snow prediction we've had all winter!! why has it come now???? ARGH!!
oh well..
ce la vie as they say round here...

it was an interesting hike up, so slippery today with all the rain we've had!! glad i wore my work boots!!!!
so 7 more went out today,the last 2 of my WWxBB, and 2 Hima.G. 1 WR, 1 Pineapple Chunk, and 1 BigBud. (i think) :scratchinghead: pretty sure that's what they all were, will be able to tell in a couple of months anyway!!

3 more:
100_2951.JPG

and another 4:
100_29531.JPG

the water source:
100_29541.JPG

well i'm pretty tired from all that so gonna go for a nap... :sleep:

Hello chaps, sounds like we all had good weekends! I had too many at my pops 65th birthday bbq and am going to attempt to fight off the hangover by popping a cold peroni whilst i upload some new shots!

Well done Alpine....a truly professional job! :goodjob:

I think the greenhouse effect will protect them from catching a nip, fingers crossed for you anyway - you deserve everything you get with that amount of effort!!

On the blueberry front - they are still taking their time and I keep moving back my projected finish date. Getting annoyed a bit now so on Friday I went down to the hydro store to get some PK13/14 to try and kick 'em up the arse a bit! The full aray of armoury....
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_052.jpg

I hit them with the PK this weekend and am going to wait another 3 weeks minimum to see if i can get the buds bigger and frostier! Shots from the room today...
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_058.jpg
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_064.jpg

Notice the buds on the front plant (and 2 others) have kinda stretched at the tip. Not particularly impressed with this as these "new" tips aint gonna make a decent smoke....id rather they were putting their effort into fattening what theyve already got! Wonder if its something to do with me karting them outside into the sunshine all the time?!

On the other hand there is also some good things happening in there... nice long solid buds
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_061.jpg

.....Nice frosting up in the middle of the better buds
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_063.jpg

Impatience breeds desperation...hooked (bodged!) up a twin 55W propogation light to try get some more light onto some lower buds...
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_059.jpg

All cos I like nice little side buds like this one....
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_060.jpg

Well thats it for this week....will take some more next Friday when ive got a top mate coming over to take a first hand look at them for me!!!

Oh, nearly forgot the side projects! 3 more auto slowberry, these are gonna be 100% outdoors/greenhouse. Middle one a bit of a mutant runt but still cracking on best as she can!
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_056.jpg

Fresian Dew (Left) and Himalaya Gold andor Church - the ones i dropped in the boilder cupboard and mixed up/lost (Right)
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_055.jpg

The other week old seedlings in the forground are DNA Sour Cream, Riserva Privada Cole Train and DNA Rock Lock (all free fem seeds from herbies). Dont know what im gonna do with these, just got over excited and germed them without thinking up the game plan! .....maybe you lot can put in requests on what goes under the lights after the BB?! Do i go with church/himaG one ive taken clones of the best plant in the greenhouse in a month or so, or do i put the whole mix church/himaG/cole train/sour cream/rockLock in and see what happens?!

Other new is theres already greenfly on the beans in the raised bed and something has eaten off some leaves as well.....m8*%!r f**!$&s

hey alpine...wonderful...you have put so much work into this years grow..I cannot wait to follow it through...and hope the yields are massive for you...the green house idea was really good...I wish I could do it for mine..would draw to much attention..and I would have nothing...

I got 5 more out today also...wanted to get the rest out but has been raining for 2 days...chanced it and went out on the 4 wheeler today...prob. not the best Idea...so after the first 5 I quit...

Spec...shots are looking wonderful...that sux that yours are streaching and not putting the grow effort into bigger bud...the sun lite has helped mine so much...I belive if they keep growing at the rate they are after going into sunlite for 12 every day till done...witch is projected for end of may first of june...I belive they will almost double what I was expecting....may be pushing almost 3 ounces per x 4...loving that...

nice side lite...necesesity is the mother of invention...lol....and I would keep half of them outside in the sun and others under lite and do a compairson..

on another thread some guys were talking about an outdoor scrog..said they dont think anyone has tried it yet...I may...not sure...could you imagine...

well gents..time to fire up the barbi...and cook a pork loin....3 hrs of cooking....oh...and it is cocktail hour...lmao....some one has to do it...might as well be me...lol

Top work H, my barbi is up and running right now...stuff from yesterday that didnt make it to the grill...bbq marinaded pork belly, lamb chops and piri piri chicken! Although it is a little nippy outside today! Enjoy....and save me a cocktail!

i'm back!! :ciao:
how's it going everyone???
Spec, your garden is looking awesome!! nice work dude!! :high-five:
H, how's things going with you?

all mine seem to be pretty happy right now.. :yahoo: stoked to get home to see they have all grown.. the EasyRyders i'm especially pleased with. have been up to both spots and removed the 'greenhouses' (wire is gonna stay for now) forgot to take the camera up with me both times! :oops:

here's the EasyRyders:
P5250006.JPG

Mary..
P5250027.JPG

Jane.
P5250025.JPG

ahh yer!!
P5250022.JPG

side bud....!!!!!!
P5250003.JPG

arty shot...
P5250031.JPG

more to come soon.....

So, its been a while and time for some updates:

Glad my well informed grow buddy came to stay as he picked out an obvious flaw in the grow room....humidity way too high. Installed a Ruck 100 extractor fan...
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_065.jpg

Pulled himidity down from 65-75% to 50-55% range
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_066.jpg

Auto Slowberry now looking like this....
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_069.jpg
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_069.jpg

On a last note, heres a DNA Sour Cream that hasnt germed after 3 weeks....glass of fine white as last rites before she goes in the compost heap in the sky...
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_072.jpg

Alpine, hows the outdoor going? Hope the mini greenhouses did a good job!

H, you must be near cutting by now?!

Here are 2 of the 3 week old Fresian Dew going into their homes for the summer. A couple of days in the freenhouse to get rooted in then out for the duration. Wish em luck!
Fresian_Dew_26_May_002.jpg
Fresian_Dew_26_May_005.jpg
Fresian_Dew_26_May_006.jpg

very fine work the both of you...Alpine..glad you were able to take the green houses off and all is going well with the autos...look great

Spec...glad your friend helped you out with the rh problem..all looks great with yours as well..and good luck with the outdoor ones..

as for mine...well...the ones that are out are doing great..still so wet here that the farmers cant plant...well I may have to find another home for these...and they are the ones I bought so I wanted to keep them close and keep an eye on them...not sure if that is going to happen..still raining every day and alot of rivers are in flood stage...as for the ones that are going to be choped...well...I had a small issue there also and mabey one of you can answer this..

I started moving them out side for sun lite and putting them away after 12 hrs...then I gained a house guest for a few days..no prob..just went out after 12 and put 2 black bags over each...well..here is where the issue starts..while at work I get called away...couldent come home and bring the inside under lite again...so went for the few days and they were exposed to 14-15 hrs of lite for 3 days strait...the buds on 2 are getting bigger but not turning any cloudy or amber yet...the other 2 have just quit growing at all....I have pulled a sampler off of 1 and it should be dry soon...

so my question is....with this mistake will they turn cloudy and amber? or are they re-veging and what ever I have now is what I have....or should I try to put them back under 12/12 and roll the dice on hermie them???in a bit of a spot with this one...lol...mabey I am just over reacting becouse it is still 5 days from projected chop date...and I know it goes a week or 2 after that...but please feel free to comment on this...

nothing you can say will be worse than what I have already said to myself...lol...wow what a stupid move...I just cant belive that I wasent allowed to come home first...like we had to go now...like the world was ending...oh...by the way...it was not...big suprise...we were stopped for rain longer than we worked...that is why it took so long...sorry to ramble...just a bit frustrated after all the hard work...

Hi H, if you are saying they are only 5 days from the chop then i cant see the harm in the extra for the few days. They take around a week to revert back to veg (maybe even longer at such a late stage in flowering) so it might have put a blip in the flowering process but so close to harvest means most of your active cannabanoids are already on the buds. I would def put them back onto 12 hrs again just to finish off though. Maybe let them go for a week or 2 extra to get that extra bit of frosting? Hard to tell without seeing them...

thanx Spec...I think I will tonite...I mean what the hell...the damage is already done....thanx for your input...still checking every...hope they start turn cloudy and amber...

H, I would have to agree with Spec on your conundrum.. at this stage of growth the extra light shouldn't affect them too much.. but let us know how it's going!! :goodluck:

Well it snowed up top last night.. :thedoubletake: 1st of June.. WTF!! ahh well, nothing i can do about it now, just have to hope the girls are strong enough to take it, I'm pretty sure they will be fine, having had a couple of weeks and a few cold-ish nights to harden up a bit. Will go up in the next few days to see how they are doing and give them a feed. :morenutes:

here's a couple of shots of the EasyRyders today..
found what i think are mites on a few leaves that were yellowing, so trimmed them off and will keep a close eye on them!
my 1st reaction was, shit! cut 'em down! ...but gonna do some reading and see what i can do about them before i make any decisions...
100_29982.JPG

100_2997.JPG

the offending leaves:
100_2996.JPG

will keep you guys posted over the next few days.... gonna watch 'em like a HAWK!!

I remembered reading somewhere about using garlic and soap to combat spider mites (that's what I think that's what they are, could see what looked like a couple of tiny strands of web with my magnifying glass, wish the x10 jewellers loupe had turned up that I ordered the other day!!! could use it now for mites and trichs!!).
so anyway... I made a concoction of 2 cloves of garlic, a tablespoon of unperfumed soap, and a few sprigs of citronella cooked up in water, then diluted before spraying.. have not read anywhere that citronella will help but can't hurt, right?? :scratchinghead:

the mite mix:
000_0006_1_.JPG

Alpine, dont woory dude, them mites arent gonna touch those ER at this stage. Dont spray too much mite juice too close to smoking in case you taint it. They dont look far away either...exciting!

H, how was that slow cooked pork loin by the way?!

The auto blueberry are still taking their time but close now....gonna take a branch down tonight to top up the stash bank! Heres how they look....
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_074.jpg
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_075.jpg
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_076.jpg
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_077.jpg
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_078.jpg

Spec, those 'Slowberrys' are looking so good now!! give us a smoke report once you've dried it!!

Went up to my 2nd spot to check on things up there... that hike does seem to be getting a bit easier each time.... :phew:
took a slightly different route in this time to prevent any tracks being formed.
well for all my efforts something had pretty much walked/ run straight through the fishing wire and knocked over one of the chicken wire fences! and in the process snapped one of the unknown ladies!!!! :thedoubletake:
100_30122.JPG

it was still looking alright (still alive) looks like the deer want to try their hooves at training my plants!! :hmmmm: haha!! show's just how much abuse they can take and still continue to grow! was actually quite impressed how well it had recovered!!

here's the rest of them:
100_30152.JPG

100_30131.JPG

100_3025.JPG

100_3024.JPG

100_3023.JPG

100_30221.JPG

100_3021.JPG

100_3020.JPG

100_3019.JPG

100_3018.JPG

100_30171.JPG

this one had been pushed over slightly as well, but stem was still intact:
100_30161.JPG

will go check on the other spot tomorrow if i can..

Good work Alpine, those girls have really come on well !!:high-five:

I did an outdoor grow last year where the vermin had a good chew on several of them. Even the ones I though were bitten straigh off recovered and grew some bud! Hard to keep em down!

On the slowberry, I took a bud down last night as promised and here it is (been drying for half a day)......
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_082.jpg
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_081.jpg
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_080.jpg
Lowlife_Auto_Blueberry_079.jpg

If this turns out to be the 1/4oz beauty I think it is then the effotr will be well worth while. Sticky and smells great...not really potent aroma but really sweet and fruity...I like!

Back
Top Bottom