Necessary Back Up

MotaMan420

Well fellow guru's I'm now glad that I did indeed keep the White Widow backup plant... As seen on my Do Si Dos she's starting to spot -- all other girls are healthy and green. Believe to be a cal / mag deficiency and am treating with same and silicates.. No variables are different with this girl than the others. All feeding same, watering , lighting .. So as I've said before genetics are most often at play when we see problems with our grow -- and the problem not necessarily being the grower...

That little leaf on center right completely crispy in 24 hrs.. seen this before with my widow from last grow -- hope I caught the problem in time -- and I am sure happy about my backup Widow.. Otherwise the harem is happy --

Good luck with all your grows -- and please be safe

MotaMan

IMG_0365.JPEG

White Widow is a known nute hog and generally will tolerate some pretty high concentrations of fertilizers, using all you give her to make an extraordinary amount of trichomes. It makes sense that she would be the hungry one in your room.
It does indeed look like a magnesium deficiency to me, and based on the health of your other plants I would not suspect anything in your setup or method to be "the" problem... she just needs more.
Be watchful of your other plants though, because under the strong focused light spectrums that we get with modern lights, and the common use of RO water, magnesium deficiencies are very common. I always make sure to have some calmag on hand, it is that common.

Thank you for your reply but the White Widow is the backup plant to the grow. The necrotic lady is my Do Si Dos , and she just started to really take off and bush out. But I did take your advice and moved the plant out of direct lite and put the Widow in her place.

The Widow is in a 3gal pot and I don't want to do a transplant this late in the game.. My last grow the Widow was the sick one.. I have since removed all the necrotic leaves since they're living dead -- got em out to give lite on the new growth.

My main gals are Cement Shoes and Mango Kush -- and this Gelato 33 I got from my nephew.. real spindly but I got a feeling she'll be the surprise of the room.. Had one of those couple grows ago .. so I'm crossing my fingers .

Thanks again for the advice and input

MotaMan

As I had said , I am glad that I planted my White Widow as a backup - see the before pic and this one now.. She'll be taken out this weekend.. Rest of grow is very happy -- couple more weeks of veg and then happy time !

I had commented before that I have never seen a plant that had recovered from a cal / mag deficiency and the regiment to accomplish such.

All that is mentioned are supposed cures but never b4 and after pics of treatment success.... Unless I am not looking in the right spot...

Can't wait for my sticky buds ..

MotaMan

IMG_0465.JPEG

IMG_0467.JPEG

Back
Top Bottom