Need fan upgrade, AC Infinity T4: worth it?

Cwmoore577

Hello all,

I've been considering upgrading my inline fans in my 2x4 tent. Right now I have 2 of the iPower fans, one exhausting with a carbon filter and one intaking with no carbon filter. It works well enough but it's a little louder than I'd like as well as the carbon filter lost its efficiency in the later flowering weeks. Also I struggled to keep the temperature below 80F even when running both of them at full speed. For this next grow, I'd like to try to lower the temperature to at least mid 70's.

After looking online the one that most sites pointed to was the AC Infinity brand. I wanted to ask anyone on here if they have either the S4 S6 or the T4 T6 and if they like them. Would you recommend getting the T series with the temp/humidity monitor and smart settings or just getting the S series without it?

One of the issues that multiple people mentioned in reviews was that it dramatically loses air flow after you attach a carbon filter to it. Has anyone noticed that?

If anyone has any other brands that make quality fans, let me know.

Thanks!

I have T6’s and S4’s. Love them all. All have different filters. Never a problem.
I won’t buy anything else. I really like these. I really hated my old ones like you have.
I’m building a new grow room and will be using T8’s.

I have a T6 and S6.. been running for a few months.. very quiet and reasonable air moved at lower speed 1-9.. T series probe is close enough to accurate for me and my tent [temp sensor]... built in humidity features ... cant really go wrong ....

I think after 8+mths I should takem down and clean em tho... givem a good wipe down

I have a T6 and S6.. been running for a few months.

Do they each exhaust the same size grow space? Each move air through the same size/brand carbon filter? If so, do they appear to perform the same in all ways save the obvious (temperature- and humidity-sensor controlled fan vs. non)?

Do they each exhaust the same size grow space? Each move air through the same size/brand carbon filter? If so, do they appear to perform the same in all ways save the obvious (temperature- and humidity-sensor controlled fan vs. non)?

I hope this answers something..

Yes they both exhaust and blow at the same speed with control hooked up..

as far as filters it works great but id get intake/exhaust
Just buy 2 carbon air filters one as a pre filter and one inside tent... dnt forget to clean monthly and wash your fabric screen on the filter they get dirty a.f.

P.S. if you dnt get the more expensive cnt remember was it T6 OR S6 the fan will blow at 100% without the operating screenamajig..lol you can always add the cheaper 1 later.. or not at all

Btw my fan barely hits 100% i stay at 70% or below in a 5x5 tent

I have 2 S6 fans. Almost went with the T series but in the end decided to save a few bucks. They are so quiet. Fan speed is set real low, no need for full speed. Negative pressure in my tent scrubs a majority of smell and I have some dank going.

I highly recommend the AC Infinity fans. In my sig I have a post about silencing your inline fan. Built a fancy box to sound proof the fan. Took all that shit down 3 weeks ago. Veg room was a 4in inline in a sound proofed box, and now it's a 6in S6 dialed down. S6 is even more quiet than my boxed 4in.

Yes sir . Works like a charm

Hey @6thsense. Thank you for responding and my apologies for not getting back sooner. Could you tell me a bit more about the T6 operation? I'm pretty pumped about the idea of having a fan that controls to both humidity and temperature. So do you just set your high and low setpoint sfor both humidity and temperature and then let the fan do its thing? no manual intervention?

GG

Hey @6thsense. Thank you for responding and my apologies for not getting back sooner. Could you tell me a bit more about the T6 operation? I'm pretty pumped about the idea of having a fan that controls to both humidity and temperature. So do you just set your high and low setpoint sfor both humidity and temperature and then let the fan do its thing? no manual intervention?

GG
Yeah that’s pretty much it .set it and forget it

So to an extent the fans only push and pull air.. keep in mind if its raining outside and you have no dehumidifier.. the fans wont control humidity as much
It does ok with the humidity. If you live in a rain forest I doubt it’s going to work though. I haven’t had any humidity issues mine stays 40-55% rh

That’s what I wanted to say as well.
The controller will turn the fan on when the humidity or temp gets too high (or too low)
So it IS that simple, if turning on a fan will do all that in your environment.
During the day, mine comes on if the tent hits 84F
While the plants sleep, it kicks on if the humidity goes above 65.
So if that fan turns on, what it does is all dependent on what’s available (dry air, cool air etc)

It does ok with the humidity. If you live in a rain forest I doubt it’s going to work though. I haven’t had any humidity issues mine stays 40-55% rh
Mehh its been fluctuating here lately... in the DMV dont know if the rain cloud is coming or going... shi they work when they want to.. 55-70% here depending on the day

Back
Top Bottom