need help plant won't take in nutes

anonjuice420

Hey guys idk whats going on my plant wont take in nutes the ppm either stays the same or goes up i just uped the dose of nutes on my last rez change im using floraduo A&B everything looks good on my plant no signs of illness that i can see

3_weeks7.jpg

3wks1.jpg

3wks2.jpg

Any ideas on how to fix this?? my Ph pen shitted out on me so im getting a new one it will be here tomorrow but since it broke i been using the liquid tester and idk if i trust it i Ordered some B-1 and a thermometer since my other one broke as well during a rez change lol. But to me she looks good and is still growing but shes not eating please let me know what i can do to help her

Re: need help plant wont take in nutes

i have one fan in there right now and was just thinking about trying to get better ventilation. im using hydroton and rapid rooters idk what the humidity is but the temp is like 72 i have a humidifier if i need it what do you think??

Might be a humidity issue but probably not. Ideal RH for veg is 60% and flower is 40-50%. Better ventilation would probably help. The plants need fresh CO2 supplied to it, thus the fan is required to move the stale air off the plant and bring in new air. Just moving the air around won't help nearly as much as a good intake/outtake system.

A healthy exchange of air flow is essential for your plant. You may move moist air out and to move the cool, dry air in and around the plants and their roots.

ok i got a fan in there now blowing the air around with fresh air but is there an easy cheap way to make a make shift vent system. Its a pretty small closet i just doubled my light i got 2 200w cfls and now i also doubled my bubbles in the DWC by getting another tank i think its around 5000cc per minute any other ideas?? Im going to thin it out more tomorrow thanks alot

Your plant is too small to suck everything you try to give her, but if you're a nutrient pusher there you go.

ok i got a fan in there now blowing the air around with fresh air but is there an easy cheap way to make a make shift vent system. Its a pretty small closet i just doubled my light i got 2 200w cfls and now i also doubled my bubbles in the DWC by getting another tank i think its around 5000cc per minute any other ideas?? Im going to thin it out more tomorrow thanks alot

The cheapest ventilation system would consist of 1 big inline extractor fan at the top of your grow area, pulling out all the warm air and expelling it outside (or use ducting to move it out of the nearby area). That 1 fan will provide all the fresh air you need, assuming you put in a passive intake or two at the bottom of your grow area. Fresh air in, warm air out.

so conrad your saying my dose is too high thats what i was thinking too this is my first grow i was following what it said on the back of my floraduo bottle and i looked up a chart it said at three weeks the ppm should be 1100-1300 im going to just dump my rez and give it alot less. And im looking into vent system now

i dropped my ppm to 700 doubled my light and oxygen intake and added a fan blowing fresh air in and a fan blowing the stale air out and over night she def grew alot bigger i think shes back on the right track ill post pictures in a lil bit

Well my PH pen and themometer came in the mail i figured out my ph was at 6.6 and temp was at 76.9 for a few days while i was using the liquid ph tester so i dropped my ph back to 5.5 and the temp im struggling with to get it sown to around 66-68 i did drop my ppm i thinned it out and now im gettin a reading of 668 so once i get this temp thing going on the right track hopefully she will be back up and stable
thank you everyone for the advice. How do you guy manage your rez temps?? im going to get some ice right now but anyone wanna weigh in on that??

mine is just a plastic 5 gallon bucket with a net pot built into the lid. Its on a hard wood floor idk it has been pretty warm in my house last night ui was able to keep it at around 72 degrees but now its back up to 74. I have alot of oxygen going into there tho i have 4 airstones and 2 decent sized pumps so hopefully that makes up for the warm water but idk. Everything seems good im going to do a rez change tonight just because i have more nutes on the way and i got all my stuff back in order so might as well give it a fresh start. Breaking my PH pen and thermometer all in the same week really did its damage lol. Thanks again everyone!!

I'm surprised that no one mentioned "nute lock".
Do a clear water flush for one day, then start out at half strength for a week, then go back to full strength.

Sounds like you kind of got there, but took longer.

~Auggie~

sounds like a plan shes growing really good and the roots are coming in strong now. Im due for a rez change anyways. Thanks alot ill let you know how it goes

I did the flush I gave it nothing but fresh Ph'd water for 36 hours then I just switched it back to my nute solution but at half strength she looks good the new leaves have a lil yellow at the tip but only on one of two I think its probably just nute burn. Im going to take some new pics here soon and I think in about a week im going to switch to flower

Back
Top Bottom