Need help

tasos

people HELP does anyone know the reason why the seedling are turning yellow and curling.i grow under ecolites fluorecent i have my bulbs about 15-20 cm from the top do i burn them? tell you also that water here is too rough cause of the salts inside it is this the reason?and if so what do you recommend.shit man i am almost in the first week the seedling is about 6-7 cm and goes on like that yellow.any suggestions?TASOS.

Hey man, don't worry about it, I had the same problem. Follow these steps and you'll be good.

Most likely you are nutrient burning your plants. Does it seem like its coming from the bottom up? If so then that's almost for sure. As seedlings it is pretty hard to get nutrient deficiency, however, you mentioned that you use tap water and it is relatively hard, which could lock up other nutrients. Here is an easy way to test for tap water. Funny I just posted it and I saw this!
How to test to see if your water is really hard and what cheap water you CAN use!

My water was obviously shit as well, so I went with the supermarket water they have for about 30 cents a gallon as long as you bring your own containers. They are reverse osmosis treated, carbon treated, 20 micron filter treated and UV treated for sterility so it is pretty pure and sterile. I tested it using the method mentioned in my thread and it was very pure. Of course I don't know the exact ppm as it was probably less than 30 ppm I'd say. Barely anything in the pot.

FIRST

Flush your system out. If you are using soil just use pH balanced water with very little nutrients (50% of what you used last). Check your product relative ppm's with volume. Most likely if you use good water and follow the directions your ppm will be good. Also only use plant safe products, like no aquarium pH downs. Stick to nitric acid for veg and phosphoric for flowering, but phosphorous will do (much more common)

Account for your additives as they will increase ppm's as well. You are only in the 1st week so you should be going really easy on the nutes. If you are on soil just feed pure water for a couple of days and see if problems resolves. Don't use your shitty tap water though. The calcium and other shit can really block other nutrients and create trouble. Also, when you change out your nutrient solution, if you see solid stuff on the bottom, then that is precipitate and you either mixed your nutrient solution wrong (mixes reacted) or it reacted with some bs in your water. Watch out for that. Don't change anything too quickly, esp. if you are running hydro. Watch pH as well.

Oh. And with flourescents, make sure they are in the right spectrum and with those you can get as close as you want as long as the temps are good. Excessive heat stress is very noticable as it is only on the top and in the middle area of the leave, not on the tips. But flouros dont usually produce enough heat for that.

Oh and if you're running hydro let me know because the changes are much quicker and need to be dealt with faster, but the bright side is the healing is too! I'm running hydro so I can help you out.

This is soil, right? Have you been giving them any nutes? You don't need to used nutes until the seedlings are about 2 weeks old. I'd stop using your tap water and go with distilled or RO water as fireboytommy7 suggested. Any way you'd be able to get some pics up?

Back
Top Bottom