Needing guidance with making RSO / Rick Simpson Oil in the UK

Chaisha

Hi everyone,
I'm a total newbie to this site, so hoping this is okay to post here.
I am looking to produce RSO / Rick Simpson Oil for the first time, on a small scale for personal use, and would really appreciate some guidance, because I've read so many conflicting articles and advice online.
I've got myself a rice cooker, have the materials ready to go, but have found it impossible so far to source any Everclear in the UK, or find a high enough proof alcohol that is safe to be consumed that matches Everclear.
Is there any other product that I could use or that you would recommend that can be sourced in the UK? Everclear is not sold here : (
Really appreciate any help so thanks in advance!
:thanks:

Hi everyone,
I am looking to produce RSO / Rick Simpson Oil for the first time, on a small scale for personal use, and would really appreciate some guidance, because I've read so many conflicting articles and advice online.
I've got myself a rice cooker, have the materials ready to go, but have found it impossible so far to source any Everclear in the UK, or find a high enough proof alcohol that is safe to be consumed that matches Everclear.
Is there any other product I could use or that you would recommend?

Apparently some people use isopropyl alcohol usually found in chemists in Australia it is even in supermarket. I m shaw there is others on here that know of more things to try. Hope this helps.

Hi Dave Groomer, Thanks so much! That 'How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil' page is awesome! Such a shame though that as it is based in the US it still uses Everclear in the process, which I'm finding impossible to track down in the UK, so am trying to find an alternative : (
If you have any links to any UK based Cannabis Oil guides that show what you can use instead of Everclear, do please let me know! Thanks again : )

Apparently some people use isopropyl alcohol usually found in chemists in Australia it is even in supermarket. I m shaw there is others on here that know of more things to try. Hope this helps.

Thank you GoneMad for responding and for your help! (I don't know how to reply directly, still new to this haha sorry!)
I had read mixed reviews on using isopropyl alcohol, a lot of articles saying that using any alcohol that isn't suitable for human consumption should never be used for RSO, incase any of the solvent is left over within the oil? As I'm totally new to the making process am a bit worried I'd end up doing that in error? Thank you all the same though and if you know of anything else let me know : )!

Thank you GoneMad for responding and for your help! (I don't know how to reply directly, still new to this haha sorry!)
I had read mixed reviews on using isopropyl alcohol, a lot of articles saying that using any alcohol that isn't suitable for human consumption should never be used for RSO, incase any of the solvent is left over within the oil? As I'm totally new to the making process am a bit worried I'd end up doing that in error? Thank you all the same though and if you know of anything else let me know : )!

I completely understand and I have not made any myself as yet. I actually make and distillate my own spirits that according to my alcohmeter is 93% and clear as water. I'm very new to growing also and once I have enough flower buds product I will most likely use that as I already drink it ( watered down to 54% abv) still alive so far. Lol .

Try this > go to your nearest hydroponic shop. Some of them might sell stuff called "organic oil extraction liquid". It's >99% ethanol

Heya, thanks for the tip. Just searched for it in my local shop but sadly wasn't available and when I searched organic oil extraction liquid online it only seems available in Aus or America, what a pain. Thanks all same!

I've used 99% isopropyl alcohol to make RSO. Works fine as long as you evaporate all the alcohol off

Hi, thank you, good to know. I'm worried about potentially not evaporating all of the solvent as it'll be my first time trying to make RSO; how easy it is to tell that it is entirely evaporated? Thanks for your help.

I completely understand and I have not made any myself as yet. I actually make and distillate my own spirits that according to my alcohmeter is 93% and clear as water. I'm very new to growing also and once I have enough flower buds product I will most likely use that as I already drink it ( watered down to 54% abv) still alive so far. Lol .

Haha no way, that's awesome, nice work. Glad you've survived drinking your homebrew, sounds lethal! Don't fancy posting us some spirits do you haha ;) Good luck with your grow!!

Heya, thanks for the tip. Just searched for it in my local shop but sadly wasn't available and when I searched organic oil extraction liquid online it only seems available in Aus or America, what a pain. Thanks all same!

Google search "chemical supply company uk ethanol" ;) :goodluck:

Google search "chemical supply company uk ethanol" ;) :goodluck:

Hi, thanks so much, just googled and found some, although it still states ‘not safe for human consumption’, so is it just as unsafe as using isopropyl alcohol? As if so, the isopropyl seems significantly cheaper? Sorry getting myself confused, let me know whatcha think, thanks!

Hi everyone,
Is there any other product that I could use or that you would recommend that can be sourced in the UK? Everclear is not sold here : (

Forgot to add also that what do people store their oil in?

Would something like this work:

30ml Amber Brown Glass Dropper Bottles with 18mm glass pipette, 1 - 25 | eBay30ml Amber Brown Glass Dropper Bottles with 18mm glass pipette, 1 - 25 | eBay

The oil is fairly thick. Most of us use 3 or 6ml dosing syringes. It is easier to dose that way. 6ml amber colored are what I like to get. :circle-of-love::peace:

Oh okay thank you for all your help! Haven't seen any amber syringes so will look them up now, unless you have a link to the ones you got too? Just loved the idea of storing it in some sweet little amber dropper bottles, is a shame wouldn't work!

Oh okay thank you for all your help! Haven't seen any amber syringes so will look them up now, unless you have a link to the ones you got too? Just loved the idea of storing it in some sweet little amber dropper bottles, is a shame wouldn't work!

If you go to "the rain forest" site and look for oral dosing you will find the amber ones. :circle-of-love::peace:

Back
Top Bottom