new from Colorado

highplainsrus

I was researching high-CBD strains for Colorado and found my way into this forum. It's nice to find a 420 friendly forum for a change. It's hard to avoid the snarks and hard-liners and jokesters in more generic forums. Their moderators are having trouble adjusting to the new realities of cannabis. I just read through the somewhat complex posting rules and will strive to follow them. Now I get to learn this forum's software features and get a thorough schooling in cannabis.

I am just an enthusiast with off and on cannabis use for about 40 years. I recently moved to Colorado from a red state and am enjoying the mile-high experience. I followed all the legalize/regulate discussions after the Amendment 64 passage and all the state committee difficulties in coming up with a set of rules the voters could live with. I was early in line for Jan. 1 recreational sales and now am preparing to apply for the medical red card, since the early recreational products in southern Colorado are so limited (though powerful) and I use for medical as well as rec purposes. I am concerned about product testing which will be mandatory later this year, personal growing and also hemp farming which is just getting off the ground. I'm looking forward to whatever directions the new multi-billion-dollar industry takes in this and other states, not to mention around the world. Congratulations, Uruguay!

Hello and welcome to the forums. You sound like you are a borderline activist which its always good to have more. Hope your stay here is a enjoyable one as there sure is a lot of reading to do here and this great hobby is well covered here. Enjoy your time and hope you learn a lot of wonderful things and grow a bountiful harvest for years to come.

Hello and Welcome,

Sounds like you are gaining a wealth of knowledge that I know I'm hungry for! I hope you enjoy your stay here and I'm sure you'll meet lots of like minded people that will enrich your stay. Thanks so much for the intro and for spending the time.

:welcome: :peace:

Thanks for the welcomes. In looking over the forum, I'm seeing a lot of interesting threads and topics, but not too much in 2014 yet. I'm tempted to start a few threads that might get lively responses, but still a little reluctant to stir things up too much. Here are a few issues I'm trying to find answers for. By the way, I'm currently sampling four legal CO strains - Blue Dream, Charlie Sheen, Cherry, and Fire Alien Skunk #3 from the Pueblo area. They're all pretty good, but not up to what I thought was Colorado quality. Something seems to have been bred out of them - not sure what. Maybe the rec shops around here just aren't offering the best of the harvests. Odd since first/second day prices were up to $40-$50/eighth plus taxes. Maybe the black market has the best bud or the medical side of the rec shops were holding back better products.

When and how specifically was the 0.3 THC threshold first determined to define legality of industrial hemp?
What are the defined thresholds for each country that might import USA hemp, if we ever get around to exporting it?

Has anybody come up with a new cannabis category name for low-THC, high-CBD strains and products? say, 0.3% THC up to 5% THC, with CBD/THC ratios greater than 1/1?

Which state medical mj program is considered "best practices" for modeling future state programs?
Which is considered most regulated and which is least regulated?

One of the popular names for the low-potency varieties of cannabis is "ditchweed", as used in this potency report from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (a questionable source, at best). Surely we can find a better name than the pejorative "ditchweed" for this type of very useful medicinal herb.

Back
Top Bottom