New Grower: Excited To Learn

Thanks Sog001 that will definitely help me out with the weight. I appreciate your help with this and I am changing the size of the pots for sure. I am going with the coco coir and was wondering if you had a list of the nutrient you use for growing? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks again

Your temps look great, but your relative humidity looks kind of high. Do you live in an area that usually has high humidity? Your AC can help with that a bit, but plants are going to make it worse. If you do choose do buy a dehumidifier dont waste your time with a little one you might put in a clothes closet, they dont usually even move the needle. I bought one of those first, and had to buy something more substatial shortly after.

I didnt realize you were in a chair... maybe dirt isnt a very good idea for your situation. Unless you have a son on call, dirt gets heavy, espescially when wet.

With hydro/coco you have to deal with moving water, but that can be done with a pump or two. This is funnest part for me... solving the problems. Think about where the water source is and a close drain, probably in the same place. Sounds like weight will be a driver for you regarding a system. Water/ drain will be important. Maybe RDWC isnt your best bet due to the amount water you will need but i assure you there are answers out there for you, and you have a great group of eyes watching your progress.
Stltoed thanks for your help I have good upper body strength and moving water around should not be too hard for me to do getting in the tent on the other hand might be so I was just going to do 2 plants I have a 48x24x72 tent I do have a daughter who will help if I need it. thanks for your help and time I greatly appreciate it.

Hope you dont mind if i jump on the band wagon for this one. Grew a few in a tent andd closet before and let me tell you the smell was like a coffee shop in amsterdam. I live in a two story house and even down stairs it was strong. If your in an apartment surrounded by people just make sure you have reall good ventilation on constantly. Once there about a foot high they will start to reek. Check out my grow in my signiture. Its the crystal grow. I done it on a budget in the closet.

Hope you dont mind if i jump on the band wagon for this one. Grew a few in a tent andd closet before and let me tell you the smell was like a coffee shop in amsterdam. I live in a two story house and even down stairs it was strong. If your in an apartment surrounded by people just make sure you have reall good ventilation on constantly. Once there about a foot high they will start to reek. Check out my grow in my signiture. Its the crystal grow. I done it on a budget in the closet.

I never think about stuff like that... good point. Maybe a strain that isnt known for being a stinker is a good idea. Northern Lights is a strong strain that is renown for an easy smell

Stltoed thanks for your help I have good upper body strength and moving water around should not be too hard for me to do getting in the tent on the other hand might be so I was just going to do 2 plants I have a 48x24x72 tent I do have a daughter who will help if I need it. thanks for your help and time I greatly appreciate it.
Just glad to hear you dont want 10 plants. Youll do better without a large amount.

My last grow was 2 plants in hydro and i got 27oz.

Hello and welcome big budda
Yeah I am in a apartment and smells are a major concern for me I plan on having a carbon scrubber and then running the exhaust fan in to a box I am making with dryer sheets in it and yes I was looking at northern lights for my grow. I appreciate any help you can provide me with thier is a great group of people here with really good advice.

I am planning on letting my plants spread thier wings and grow good and strong LoL as I am on a real tight budget it's going to take me a few months too get everything I need. so this is going to be a long journey, but with all the help and support I am getting it should be one hell of a good time.

Holy cow that is impressive and that amount would last me a good long while
It starts with a good strain, then a couple good seeds, then the rest is gardening. One thing you can do is start 5 seeds, and keep the top two. This will help get rid of the seeds that suck. Take a look at this for some clarity on seeds... they arent all equal

You can see that the odds are better that you would get a weak seed than a good one. Sprout more grow them for three weeks and keep the two strongest. Its harder to do than it sounds. Dont fall in love with them.... some have to go.

It starts with a good strain, then a couple good seeds, then the rest is gardening. One thing you can do is start 5 seeds, and keep the top two. This will help get rid of the seeds that suck. Take a look at this for some clarity on seeds... they arent all equal

You can see that the odds are better that you would get a weak seed than a good one. Sprout more grow them for three weeks and keep the two strongest. Its harder to do than it sounds. Dont fall in love with them.... some have to go.

Oops wrong page! Still good stuff though. Take a look at this...

Thanks stltoed
I am ordering my seeds from seedsman's getting 5 of the northern lights and 5 of the blue berry and I'm going to seed 2nl and 2bb and pick the best ones to grow I am hoping for 3 but 2 will be good for me

Hello and welcome big budda
Yeah I am in a apartment and smells are a major concern for me I plan on having a carbon scrubber and then running the exhaust fan in to a box I am making with dryer sheets in it and yes I was looking at northern lights for my grow. I appreciate any help you can provide me with thier is a great group of people here with really good advice.
Just something for you to keep an eye on cause smell is the number one give away in grow op busts. Looking forward to this its gonna be good. One thing i will say tho and im sure a lot of the community here would agree with me is research research research. There is so much to learn and know. Most people think its just stick em in a pot and job done. Sometimes maybe yeh if your lucky. Read through some grows in completed journals and see how they were done succesfully and then cross reference with some abandoned journals and look at why they failed. Lots of good info in there. You surely wont be bored.

@Stltoed . How do I get to your journals? Would love to take a gander. And @SOG001 id love to learn more about lighting myself. Been looking at the Timbers for my lighting upgrade but am open to learning more about this.

Thanks stltoed
I am ordering my seeds from seedsman's getting 5 of the northern lights and 5 of the blue berry and I'm going to seed 2nl and 2bb and pick the best ones to grow I am hoping for 3 but 2 will be good for me
Nice. Do they grow alike? If one is taller than the other it may affect the shorter one negatively. Right on man, sounds like your on the right track
@Stltoed . How do I get to your journals? Would love to take a gander. And @SOG001 id love to learn more about lighting myself. Been looking at the Timbers for my lighting upgrade but am open to learning more about this.
The only journal i have now is called King Tut in RDWC. Its a soil grow due to a catastophic failure in RDWC early on.

I appologize, i dont know how to give you a link.... stop in, love to have you.

In my opinion i think i would look at Rapid lights. Cheaper, same stuff, again... just an opinion.

In my opinion i think i would look at Rapid lights. Cheaper, same stuff, again... just an opinion.
That’s definitely the kind of info I’d like on the lighting. Lol. If it’s something I can do myself or purchase elsewhere and get similar results I’d love to try it

That’s definitely the kind of info I’d like on the lighting. Lol. If it’s something I can do myself or purchase elsewhere and get similar results I’d love to try it
Then do a kit with multiple spectrums. Build it yourself so you can fix it yourself. Dont overlook Quantam Boards... ive thought of a making a couple QB/cob fixtures. For Quantum Board info look at Horticulture Lighting Group. In my opinion you shouldnt go with just one spectrum, and i really like mutiple lights for multiple reasons.

First, you can move the lights to locations that are doing better or worse. Second, you can change the heights to suit taller or shorter plants. Third, a couple lights are a hell of a lot easier to move than 1 big one

Back
Top Bottom