New grower, first grow 8 weeks in

Hi all, I have started a grow in my shed. I started with just the basics but have managed to sort out my grow room to a standard I'm happy with for the time being.
I used gold super soil mix for my medium as i heard soil can be the most forgiving . I seeded a few different strains, feminized and autos which i now regret doing both at the same time!
I have 2 lights, 1 600watt Hps with a cooling tube and extractor fan fitted and a 200 watt hps, several fans giving off decent air flow.
My temps are consistent, generally 29 with lights on and drops to 25 with lights off.
I feed usually every 2/3 days, using calmag, bloom/veg, epsom salts once a week, and raw honey once a week and using 12l pots.
I just ordered a new 6” extractor fan and filter, o arrived over the weekend but the thing was far to loud and powerful for my room so i have to try and replace it for a smaller 4” leas powerful one. The smell is getting ridiculous now! I really need to try and contain it...
anyway i already have sevral things i would do next tome that i have learned from this grow!
The main one is not to grow autos with fems

i dont think i will be yielding to much of the autos with onlys 12 hours of light but the buds do look gorgeous!

Feel free to hit me up with any feedback or tips,

happy growing guys ✌

Attachments

• 6E73D0C9-E6B0-4CCF-94D4-434D7ADDD8CC.jpeg
    6E73D0C9-E6B0-4CCF-94D4-434D7ADDD8CC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 145
  • 39EA31DA-FAB2-4BE6-AEF1-C7EF8F6558E3.jpeg
    39EA31DA-FAB2-4BE6-AEF1-C7EF8F6558E3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 114
  • 0C204D84-60C6-4E73-BB7C-C0CCC48166BF.jpeg
    0C204D84-60C6-4E73-BB7C-C0CCC48166BF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 126
  • 823893CC-52F7-4084-A03B-6D4042681723.jpeg
    823893CC-52F7-4084-A03B-6D4042681723.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 111
  • F9697DCA-0B61-4AA9-8AC7-1513F4DDD3C2.jpeg
    F9697DCA-0B61-4AA9-8AC7-1513F4DDD3C2.jpeg
    1,010.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 17D3A1E8-B47A-4F48-8076-573228ABCF65.jpeg
    17D3A1E8-B47A-4F48-8076-573228ABCF65.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 117
  • DB2DDD84-868E-4FD8-8664-A8635597EABF.jpeg
    DB2DDD84-868E-4FD8-8664-A8635597EABF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 127
  • A7BBBFB7-94E5-4A6B-8011-B628CFFB8157.jpeg
    A7BBBFB7-94E5-4A6B-8011-B628CFFB8157.jpeg
    585.6 KB · Views: 124
  • CC8ACFB5-03E7-4FB1-B796-0AB57FD4E01D.jpeg
    CC8ACFB5-03E7-4FB1-B796-0AB57FD4E01D.jpeg
    710.9 KB · Views: 119
Welcome to the forum @carlosalwayswakesandbakes :welcome:
Hi all, I have started a grow in my shed. I started with just the basics but have managed to sort out my grow room to a standard I'm happy with for the time being.
I used gold super soil mix for my medium as i heard soil can be the most forgiving . I seeded a few different strains, feminized and autos which i now regret doing both at the same time!
I have 2 lights, 1 600watt Hps with a cooling tube and extractor fan fitted and a 200 watt hps, several fans giving off decent air flow.
My temps are consistent, generally 29 with lights on and drops to 25 with lights off.
I feed usually every 2/3 days, using calmag, bloom/veg, epsom salts once a week, and raw honey once a week and using 12l pots.
I just ordered a new 6” extractor fan and filter, o arrived over the weekend but the thing was far to loud and powerful for my room so i have to try and replace it for a smaller 4” leas powerful one. The smell is getting ridiculous now! I really need to try and contain it...
anyway i already have sevral things i would do next tome that i have learned from this grow!

i dont think i will be yielding to much of the autos with onlys 12 hours of light but the buds do look gorgeous!

happy growing guys ✌
Sound like your doing good :bravo:

Thanks

assuming you are a experienced grower, i am wondering if i should strictly stay within the 10 week life cycle from germanatiy to finish for my autos or should i trust in what little knowledge i do know on looking for milky tricombes and amber hairs??
watch the trichomes always, we do this because the trichomes get us medicated mainly!!!

Thanks

assuming you are a experienced grower, i am wondering if i should strictly stay within the 10 week life cycle from germanatiy to finish for my autos or should i trust in what little knowledge i do know on looking for milky tricombes and amber hairs??
Hey Carlos, was-sup :ciao: ...am I experienced :hmmmm: well :hmmmm: love me some Jimi Hendrix :thumb: and yes, what @VanIslandConnoisseur said...I wait for 10% to 15% amber trichs with the rest milky...no clear...and the hairs/pistils don't mean a thing :goodluck:

Hello and welcome, and yes I would definitely grow autos and photos separate, I’m that experienced but seems like one or the other would suffer, depending which u choose to cater to, looking good though

happy growing guys ✌

Welcome @carlosalwayswakesandbakes !

You seem to have things well in hand and have gotten good advice!

The times put out by breeders should be looked at more like a guideline, your trichomes give the signal for when to chop.

How many ya gonna grow? Member “APK alltheway “has a auto grow thread going, it’s really cool, videos and stuff, but even though they r all same strain autos they r all maturing and flowering at different times,not necessarily a bad thing, just a lot of work

Welcome @carlosalwayswakesandbakes !

You seem to have things well in hand and have gotten good advice!

The times put out by breeders should be looked at more like a guideline, your trichomes give the signal for when to chop.

I must invest in purchasing a decent magna-fine glass, the one i am using is not the best at all.
I will get one ordered this evening

How many ya gonna grow? Member “APK alltheway “has a auto grow thread going, it’s really cool, videos and stuff, but even though they r all same strain autos they r all maturing and flowering at different times,not necessarily a bad thing, just a lot of work
[/QUOTE

Thanks dude, i will check out a few of his videos. I decided to keep 7 out of what i started, a friend took some and i planted a couple in the country side.
7 will supply me with enough medication while my second run gets underway...

I must invest in purchasing a decent magna-fine glass, the one i am using is not the best at all.
I will get one ordered this evening
I bought a cheap usb powered microscope, good for checking at end of the grow, and is fun for the kids to use when I'm not using it.

I just ordered one yesterday but had to get a WiFi one because there’s none that can plug into iPhone, I was gonna just get a $5 adapter but wasn’t sure if software was compatible, the WiFi one was only like $10 more, so $25 ain’t bad, I don’t expect top quality for that price but I’m sure it will b fine for me

Back
Top Bottom