New grower here looking for any advice

Rallington

420 Member
I have two “tiger cookie” plants just starting there 4th week of flower and on Saturday they took a turn on me not sure what went wrong they were healthy plants in veg using advance nutrients basic, grow, micro and bloom, feeding them twice then a flush, i would feed them 3ML of each fertilizer (grow micro bloom) with ph of 5.9-6.1 per gallon of water in coco using reverse osmosis water I buy from a store, then I’d just flush them with the reverse osmosis no ph adjustment and when I they started to flower leaves were getting pretty dark green so I decided stop feeding didn’t wanna run into over feeding so I just ph the water and flushing trying make it easy
8640C622-C994-4758-B6E7-B0B05BB992F3.jpeg
09BDF8CE-96C3-42A1-A8EC-A991DF753AD4.jpeg
0BA6EA62-D374-4124-AD6A-86DEBEC36D5C.jpeg
91E39853-FA60-4902-A31C-497E716A97FF.jpeg
CD22F6CC-5FF1-4170-A024-9DBE8AAAABB8.jpeg

:welcome: to the forum @Rallington . If you don't mind i am going to follow the thread to learn the advises you will get.
I'm not that exparinced but i do have a feeling what it could be. Meanwhile in my signature you can find couple links that would help you out. Look at plant abuse chart and try to compare your plant to the pictures. :thumb:

Welcome Ralington to 420 Magazine
How come your doing all that flushing ? I don’t do coco but you may be starving the girls and how often do you feed them?

Welcome to :420:

Did you say you stopped feeding as soon as they started to flower? How long has it been since they received nutrients? I think West Hippie nailed it...but I'm far from being an experienced grower.

I have two “tiger cookie” plants just starting there 4th week of flower and on Saturday they took a turn on me not sure what went wrong they were healthy plants in veg using advance nutrients basic, grow, micro and bloom, feeding them twice then a flush, i would feed them 3ML of each fertilizer (grow micro bloom) with ph of 5.9-6.1 per gallon of water in coco using reverse osmosis water I buy from a store, then I’d just flush them with the reverse osmosis no ph adjustment and when I they started to flower leaves were getting pretty dark green so I decided stop feeding didn’t wanna run into over feeding so I just ph the water and flushing trying make it easy
8640C622-C994-4758-B6E7-B0B05BB992F3.jpeg
09BDF8CE-96C3-42A1-A8EC-A991DF753AD4.jpeg
0BA6EA62-D374-4124-AD6A-86DEBEC36D5C.jpeg
91E39853-FA60-4902-A31C-497E716A97FF.jpeg
CD22F6CC-5FF1-4170-A024-9DBE8AAAABB8.jpeg
Give them Peroxide and water mix 1 to 10 about and some dawn detergent
You have Bug problems looks like mites or nats (fungus nats) maybe both

Welcome to the forum @Rallington :welcome:

Your PH is a little high, I'd run 5.7 - 5.8 PH...and in coco coir you need to water/feed at least twice a day with Cal-mag...that's what's going on right now...she's hungry for the right PH some food and cal-mag :thumb:
EDIT: No flushing, it will stress the plant everytime you do...it is recommended at the end of flowering, but only once, most know this to be a myth though, but still your preference.
Give them Peroxide and water mix 1 to 10 about and some dawn detergent
You have Bug problems looks like mites or nats (fungus nats) maybe both
No bugs...just a cal-mag def, with the wrong PH...and she needs to be fed
And hello @Budskee :ciao: welcome to the forum :welcome:

The subject of peroxide.
I use peroxide/h2o at a 50/50 mix for bud washing . I also clean the entire tent And the equipment I grow in with peroxide and a shot of alcohol . I won’t ever put it in my nutrients no more and so you don’t have to ask why I use both hydroguard and Z7 and my roots thank me for it !

The subject of peroxide.
I use peroxide/h2o at a 50/50 mix for bud washing . I also clean the entire tent And the equipment I grow in with peroxide and a shot of alcohol . I won’t ever put it in my nutrients no more and so you don’t have to ask why I use both hydroguard and Z7 and my roots thank me for it !
Can I ask why? (curious and worried lol)

Can I ask why? (curious and worried lol)
Doesn’t work well with mc at all , makes the nutrients claber up on the roots . In hydro you get to see it . My roots stay Snow White from hydroguard and Z7 now that I use the cheap nutrient I can afford the two .

Doesn’t work well with mc at all , makes the nutrients claber up on the roots . In hydro you get to see it . My roots stay Snow White from hydroguard and Z7 now that I use the cheap nutrient I can afford the two .
I think you mentioned that before, sorry for asking again and thank you for answering. Just read it quickly with a "ah crap, what have I done" kinda moment lol. I'm using GH mostly so whew lol

I think you mentioned that before, sorry for asking again and thank you for answering. Just read it quickly with a "ah crap, what have I done" kinda moment lol. I'm using GH mostly so whew lol
I don’t mind at all , took me a Dosidos capsule a little blurry eyed . If we had Bluter’s thread on it I would have tag you there .

I don’t mind at all , took me a Dosidos capsule a little blurry eyed . If we had Bluter’s thread on it I would have tag you there .
Lol I was In the hospital the other day (pain management), still feeling the effects...blurry eyes indeed!
Yup I'll be looking into capsules and edibles while the harvest is curing, otherwise I'll land up forgetting too much :rofl:

Your PH is a little high, I'd run 5.7 - 5.8 PH...and in coco coir you need to water/feed at least twice a day with Cal-mag...that's what's going on right now...she's hungry for the right PH some food and cal-mag :thumb:
EDIT: No flushing, it will stress the plant everytime you do...it is recommended at the end of flowering, but only once, most know this to be a myth though, but still your preference.

And hello @Budskee :ciao: welcome to
Seems they had to much fert
That’s what it looks but as I stopped feeding them when they hit flower have given them a nutrient flush and just water since then

And hello @Budskee :ciao: welcome to the forum :welcome:
I have another question for you, I normally water every 3 days or so if and I want to start feeding them twice a day how would I approach that, or should I keep doing what I have normally been doing, adding the food and cal-mag with my next watering, and countunje to feed with each watering, if you get what I’m trying to say lol

I have another question for you, I normally water every 3 days or so if and I want to start feeding them twice a day how would I approach that, or should I keep doing what I have normally been doing, adding the food and cal-mag with my next watering, and countunje to feed with each watering, if you get what I’m trying to say lol
When I ran coco or hempy, I would mix my nutes at a quarter of the strength recommended, and feed every other day, but I would use quarter strength cal-mag everyday

I looked close at the pix's and read your brief.
I did not read replies ... this is my take:

Over watering. You're keeping the roots soaked, drowned. They can't take up nutes that way and are showing signs of lock out. The clawing in pictures three thru five show that.

Water when the medium gets dry. If it takes a week to dry then so be it.
Nute to 800 ppm when you do water, and ph to 6.0 or there abouts.

And, since you're a new grower, consider choosing an easier genetic to grow next time.
Someone that just got their drivers license should not be driving a Ferrari.

Back
Top Bottom