No Experience Closet Grow 150w Bubble bucket

Oat0328

Whats popping 420 I need some inputs on if Im heading in the right direction for a personal stash. I also have Super Thrive should I use it while feeding or just watering only?

Growing Condition:
Planted 1/21
Lighting: 150w hps 8-12 in away 18/6 light cycle
Medium: Hydroton
Water: filterd tap water ph 7.0 ppm 161
DIY: C02
5 gallon tote water is under the netpot
Nutrients Gh Flora Micro & Bloom: Im using the Lucas formula
I feed them this week 15m micro 30m bloom
ph:5.8-6.1 starts off 5.8 then go up to 6.1 and stay there solid for hours
ppm: 471-495 jumps 471-to 495 then bk down to 471

150w hps
IMG_12509.JPG

Bubba Kush
IMG_12526.JPG

Green Giant
IMG_12538.JPG

Looks like they are doing ok.

You will be fine without the super thrive. On the nutes you will probably be better off using their feeding schedule.
For the general hydroponics 3 part it's 3-2-1 ratio of grow, micro, and bloom during veg. 1-2-3 during flower. I
take it you are using lucas in place of the gh grow? I haven't ever used lucas so I can't say anything about it except
you should use it as it's instructions say.
With two different strains in that tub you may have to do some adjusting on the strength to keep them both happy.
The PH could be a bit lower. Increasing the ppms a little with take care of that. More light will help too.

Thanks for your reply I was thinking about going to get the Grow and call it a day its like 15 bucks. Ive seen others struggle for the N and etc.

That would be my advice and follow their feeding schedule. I have used their stuff for years and it works well.
Keep the environment in range and you will be smoking your own in a few months.
Of course more watts would be good especially in bloom.

I don't grow hydro but ph of 7.0 seems really high. I think you want the ph range from 5.8-6.0 for hydro right??

Shoulda read more before I posted sorry

Thanks and I will go and get the grow and go by their schedule in the am because I saw some light burns. At the hydro store the guy said thats what he use to grow his stuff and he was the owner of the store. However, I may have an issue. I can't tell if its from the light being to close, or if its a note burn but its minor. My reasoning is I had to top it off with 2 cups of ph water today and now my ph is reading 5.8 so I figure the light has evaporated the water.

Mate, looks great- a fellow home made DWC grower, I've done exactly the same using a tote and have been really pleased with it.

The only suggestion I would add (and you may have already done this but can't tell from your posts) is to add a pump and tube into the net pot so the nutes are getting pumped up into the roots and rockwool. This will help accelerate the growth until the roots manage to grow out through the pot and hit the res:

IMG_085617.JPG
IMG_086117.JPG

ph is a little high at 5.8. 5.4 is better in veg and allow it to rise a bit.. i wouldnt recommend having tube pumping nutes on net pot as it will actuall slow root growth. there'll be enough humity in there to make roots search for water. leave a good clear gap between res and pot. but u may have issues growing 2 diff strains in the 1 container.

Thats interesting what you say re: not pumping nutes to the net pot. It makes perfect sense that you will get more root growth if you don't pump the nutes to the pot - the plant needs to get nutes so puts more of its energy into developing roots to reach the nutrients (which is why drought causes explosive root growth in plants as they try to find water). Much of the initial growth goes into the roots and not the plant, but this doesn't help accelerate overall plant growth. One of the points with hydro is because the roots are continually getting the perfect level and amount of nutrients they require the root balls are actually smaller relative to the size of the plant than non-hydro grown plants.

From my experience pumping them to the pot gives you better overall plant growth in the first couple of weeks. Not doing it may give you more root growth but will also give you slow overall plant growth initially because the plant needs to put its energy into developing a root mass that can sustain it I.e. the roots reaching the res. As soon as the roots hit the res the plant explodes.

Pumping the nutes to the plant means you get much better overall growth, particularly in the early days, because the oxygenated nute solution is delivered directly to the root ball from day one and the plant doesn't have to put its time and energy into getting to the nutrients.

Thanks for the reply guys. I actually had to separate the two because one has exploded, and is requiring more nutes, and the the other is taking its precious time. However, long story short one is doing great at 500-600 nutes with less light the hps seems to be stopping it growth and the other is back on just ph water with one 2 drops of super thrive and she also loving it as well. I had to put them under some cfl's to get them to grow. It was as if there were no growth with the hps light 8-12 inches away. So I decided Ill wait until they have their roots hanging out the pot then I will switch them to the hps.

As for the pump to the net pot is a great idea hands down Ive seen that before surfing around. At the moment I have an extra large air-stone on both of them and they are getting enough of it trust me. Also I have seen a rapid growth on both with their root mass after the separation which is weird in my opinion. Any thoughts ideas are always welcome.

Thanks for the reply guys. I actually had to separate the two because one has exploded, and is requiring more nutes, and the the other is taking its precious time. However, long story short one is doing great at 500-600 nutes with less light the hps seems to be stopping it growth and the other is back on just ph water with one 2 drops of super thrive and she also loving it as well. I had to put them under some cfl's to get them to grow. It was as if there were no growth with the hps light 8-12 inches away. So I decided Ill wait until they have their roots hanging out the pot then I will switch them to the hps.

As for the pump to the net pot is a great idea hands down Ive seen that before surfing around. At the moment I have an extra large air-stone on both of them and they are getting enough of it trust me. Also I have seen a rapid growth on both with their root mass after the separation which is weird in my opinion. Any thoughts ideas are always welcome.

I had a feel a strain call green giant was a big one for your set up.

Back
Top Bottom