New grower needs help

Hi people, what’s a good intake fan ? Iv just a small 2x2x5 foot tent but looking to go up a size or two, so I’m thinking if I get a better one now it would be ok for a double size tent in the future, I’m seeing the black orchid ones all over the place, and they any good ?

Hi people, what’s a good intake fan ? Iv just a small 2x2x5 foot tent but looking to go up a size or two, so I’m thinking if I get a better one now it would be ok for a double size tent in the future, I’m seeing the black orchid ones all over the place, and they any good ?

exhaust is more important.

i run my rooms on passive intake, but have decent exhaust creating a fairly quick exchange.
my rooms have passive intake venting allowing air but not light in.

you want to change the air in a grow space every 2 - 5 minutes. i shoot for the lower number always, especially in flower. if you do a room in room set up or lung room, it is not as stringent.

i try to do room in room wherever i can. it has other advantages as well, you don't need to be as light tight.

where ever possible it is best to run exhaust to outdoor. this is particularly important in flower. make sure it's scrubbed through a decent carbon filter.

exhaust is more important.

i run my rooms on passive intake, but have decent exhaust creating a fairly quick exchange.
my rooms have passive intake venting allowing air but not light in.

you want to change the air in a grow space every 2 - 5 minutes. i shoot for the lower number always, especially in flower. if you do a room in room set up or lung room, it is not as stringent.

i try to do room in room wherever i can. it has other advantages as well, you don't need to be as light tight.

where ever possible it is best to run exhaust to outdoor. this is particularly important in flower. make sure it's scrubbed through a decent carbon filter.
I don’t even know the fans do i lol, I think that’s the one I’m on about, with the filter to suck it out the tent, was thinking to run that to the outside and leave the vents open in the tent, would that be correct ? And what fans are the better ones ? I’m seeing the infinity is it, but I’m looking for something a little cheaper, was wondering if the ram in-line is ok, there’s so many I’m confused :(

I don’t even know the fans do i lol, I think that’s the one I’m on about, with the filter to suck it out the tent, was thinking to run that to the outside and leave the vents open in the tent, would that be correct ?

yes that's correct. if at all possible it is best to vent it direct to outdoor. it moves a fair bit of moisture as well as air, if you dump the exhaust anywhere inside, it just creates other issues.

And what fans are the better ones ? I’m seeing the infinity is it, but I’m looking for something a little cheaper, was wondering if the ram in-line is ok, there’s so many I’m confused

there's piles of decent fans. i run a big old snail in my flower room i've had for yrs and pulled from a much larger space. my veg room fan is just a cheap generic vortex impeller style fan. much more compact than the snail, but it doesn't have to do near as much.

you can go with something cheaper to get going then grab a better brand as an upgrade later. pay attention to the cfm rating and the noise rating. if you don't have to live too close the the grow area you can ignore the noise rating and save a few dollars.

you want a high enough cfm rating to exchange air in the space every 2 minutes or so.

it might be a good idea to get an adjustable fan as well.

yes that's correct. if at all possible it is best to vent it direct to outdoor. it moves a fair bit of moisture as well as air, if you dump the exhaust anywhere inside, it just creates other issues.

there's piles of decent fans. i run a big old snail in my flower room i've had for yrs and pulled from a much larger space. my veg room fan is just a cheap generic vortex impeller style fan. much more compact than the snail, but it doesn't have to do near as much.

you can go with something cheaper to get going then grab a better brand as an upgrade later. pay attention to the cfm rating and the noise rating. if you don't have to live too close the the grow area you can ignore the noise rating and save a few dollars.

you want a high enough cfm rating to exchange air in the space every 2 minutes or so.

it might be a good idea to get an adjustable fan as well.
Thanks bluter for the message, and yeah iv been looking at the cfm, gunna go a lot more than what I need, just trying to find a root out the room now without being too obvious lol, and I checked out your rooms, great work fella :goodjob: and thanks for the advice:)

Hi people, firstly, am I posting these questions in the right place , just as lost here as I am with growing lol, right, if anyone can advise please, iv left it late but topped my plants today, I don’t mind the wasted time but I’m a bit confused, iv topped at the third node, and intending to top twice more, but as you can see in the pic I have bud sites from the second node, I was wondering if I can top them to save time or is that gunna be crap smoke and do they have to go ? Thanks for all your help so far people :thumb:

E747627F-B2B6-45C9-9F22-7A60A2950719.jpeg

C5AF24F2-4DD7-4F24-9229-36BDDB5253CC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom