New Grower

Pisidan

Hi all. I'm new to growing. Started my first one about a week ago with two plants to get my feet wet.my seedling sprouted on Monday and I'll include pictures on what they look like. I'm using 4x2x5 grow tent to start. once I get better and I'm know what I'm doing I'll start putting more money into a bigger tent. I'm also using 600w. LED lights with a grow and Bloom switch and a filtration system. Just wondering if there's anywhere I can look at the stages of marijuana growth and seedlings ect in weeks. Just so I know if I'm on the right track. I'm also going to be using sensi fertilizer for fertilizer when I get to the growth stage and I'm also using promix soil the herb and garden. my temperature is a consistent 24 Celsius and humidity is 30% I'm not quite sure if I should raise this to the 60 or 70 and if so how should I go about doing it?The strain I'm growing is White widow because I heard it's the easiest to begin with and usually you get a good crop with it?Any suggestions or help is appreciated as well thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20190309_160809.jpg
    IMG_20190309_160809.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20190309_160805.jpg
    IMG_20190309_160805.jpg
    930.9 KB · Views: 186
:welcome:to the forum...

Take a look at Grow/Grow Journals from the menu bar above. There are many examples with every different method of growing. Now is the time to decide what you want your plants to look like at harvest so that you can train them properly.

It takes a fair amount of care to ensure your plants don't get too tall. You are limited to about 2' or 60cm of height for your plants. This allows 9" for your light and a little room above for cooling, a foot for your containers, and the required space between your light and canopy. My first grow was in the same size tent, and is covered by my journal. The link is in my signature block.

Why not start a grow journal? It will serve as a handy reference for your future grows, and help us assist you if you have questions, or should things go wrong. They go under Grow/Grow Journals, and should start with the information called for in "How to Ask for Grow Support."

Is that 600W the manufacturer is advertising, or what it draws from the wall?
Good luck with your grow, and once again :welcome:.

Welcome. Looks like you are on track. It's hard in the beginning with an empty tent to get the humidity up. Small humidifier or wet towels/sponges help. Look up VPD chart, that will help.
I was warned not to do this, because there is way to many variables, but you can look the journal section and compare growth by day and strain. As a matter of fact, click on my first grow at the bottom, and compare. I have a white widow in there.

:welcome:to the forum...

Take a look at Grow/Grow Journals from the menu bar above. There are many examples with every different method of growing. Now is the time to decide what you want your plants to look like at harvest so that you can train them properly.

It takes a fair amount of care to ensure your plants don't get too tall. You are limited to about 2' or 60cm of height for your plants. This allows 9" for your light and a little room above for cooling, a foot for your containers, and the required space between your light and canopy. My first grow was in the same size tent, and is covered by my journal. The link is in my signature block.

Why not start a grow journal? It will serve as a handy reference for your future grows, and help us assist you if you have questions, or should things go wrong. They go under Grow/Grow Journals, and should start with the information called for in "How to Ask for Grow Support."

Is that 600W the manufacturer is advertising, or what it draws from the wall?
Good luck with your grow, and once again :welcome:.
yeah this is the manufacturer being a 600w. I don't have any equipment attached actual draw from the wall. It seems to be doing okay I have the lights down low probably about 15 inches above the plants and they seem to be doing all right

Welcome. Looks like you are on track. It's hard in the beginning with an empty tent to get the humidity up. Small humidifier or wet towels/sponges help. Look up VPD chart, that will help.
I was warned not to do this, because there is way to many variables, but you can look the journal section and compare growth by day and strain. As a matter of fact, click on my first grow at the bottom, and compare. I have a white widow in there.
Thanks I'm definitely going to check out your journal and see

yeah this is the manufacturer being a 600w. I don't have any equipment attached actual draw from the wall. It seems to be doing okay I have the lights down low probably about 15 inches above the plants and they seem to be doing all right
The King X6 Dimmable 1800W COB LED Grow Light I used only draws 300W from the wall. I could have used more light.

The King X6 Dimmable 1800W COB LED Grow Light I used only draws 300W from the wall. I could have used more light.
so the light when it says it's 600w. That's not how much it actually is you have to look at the draw? I'm just not sure how it exactly work since LEDs don't really use Watts I was told a 300w LED would be good enough for that tent size so I doubled it

so the light when it says it's 600w. That's not how much it actually is you have to look at the draw? I'm just not sure how it exactly work since LEDs don't really use Watts I was told a 300w LED would be good enough for that tent size so I doubled it
Yes, that's either the manufacturer's claimed equivalency, or the maximum power the LEDs can use. They are usually driven much lower than that. You want at least 30W from the wall per square foot of canopy from LEDs. If you look on the documentation, or the manufacturer's website you should be able to find out the actual power.

Yes, that's either the manufacturer's claimed equivalency, or the maximum power the LEDs can use. They are usually driven much lower than that. You want at least 30W from the wall per square foot of canopy from LEDs. If you look on the documentation, or the manufacturer's website you should be able to find out the actual power.

All I could find was this about my light I know it's not the best but I didn't have a ton of money to throw in right now plan to see how well I do and go from there tweaking things

Material: PC + Aluminum
Power: 3600W
Led Beads: 48pcs (30Red:10Blue:2Warm White:2White:2IR:2UV)
Input Voltage: AC 85V-275V
Working Temperature: 77℉-113℉
Working Humidity: 45%-90%
Working Frequency: 50Hz-60Hz
Lifespan: 50000 hours
Net Weight: 1750g
Size: 310x250x60mm / 12.2x9.8x2.4in

For true wattage it’s the amps x voltage = watts on the label sometimes says current so you won’t figure that as amps . If it says 90-265 volts you’ll use 120volts .
Welcome to 420 magazine.

All I could find was this about my light I know it's not the best but I didn't have a ton of money to throw in right now plan to see how well I do and go from there tweaking things

Material: PC + Aluminum
Power: 3600W
Led Beads: 48pcs (30Red:10Blue:2Warm White:2White:2IR:2UV)
Input Voltage: AC 85V-275V
Working Temperature: 77℉-113℉
Working Humidity: 45%-90%
Working Frequency: 50Hz-60Hz
Lifespan: 50000 hours
Net Weight: 1750g
Size: 310x250x60mm / 12.2x9.8x2.4in
No amps on here , you’ll be great with this light !

Man I'm lost it only tells me voltage from what I can see I don't see any amp
I guess I replied at the same time , you’d have to have a amp clamp to check it ! No big deal .

Back
Top Bottom