New Maine-ah

Stansama

Hello members! New poster/member/grower here. My name is Stan and I grew up in the great state of Maine where marijuana was recently legalized for recreational use. I've been a long time smoker, approximately 14 years, since early college years. First time attempting to grow, now that the wife is more comfortable with the idea. Will be starting a grow journal as I've enjoyed reading others and hope people will enjoy mine as well. Looking forward to learning more along the way and someday enjoying the taste of my own homegrown! Cheers all.

What are your grow plans?? Plus being it is legal there, you don't have to worry about a "commando grow" or concealment issues. Making it harder for you or more like adding to the things that may distract you starting out.
Keep it simple, do your own research and if I could add. Try Auto-flowers starting off.

Some say they are harder to grow then feminized strains, as if you already have grow knowledge. Fact is they are just different in how you need to approach them. So all the grow info and experience you may have acquired over the years with "regular" strains, does not really apply. Makes it a great choice as you are starting out fresh anyway. They react by themselves, a built in clock controls them. Even if you left them on a 24 hour lights-on schedule. They would still start making flowers (buds) in 30++ days. Where a feminized plant will stay at a veg state as long as you don't turn off the light.

What they offer is they are ready to harvest in 75 ~ days (give-of-take) as compared to 100 ~ 115 days for feminized plants. I potted a Auto-flower and Feminized geminated seeds on January 28th, 2017. The Auto-flower was put in jars April 20th. The picture at the bottom is my feminized that still has 6 or more weeks left on it. That's the big difference in the two plant types.

Or start with one of each and this will give you a comparison of how they grow. How they react differently to nuit's. The best way to describe the difference is Auto's have a VERY HIGH metabolism and Feminized are more sedentary. So you learn how much you can handle them on two levels.

I am impatient and being Auto's finished so quickly gives me less time to think or apply MY HELP to which tended to make things worst just starting out!!

Hope all goes well and remember they will grow by themselves just fine, so if you only apply 70 percent. Of what the company you decided recommends you apply. On all the stuff you can throw at them to make them grow big. Will help limit the extra troubles WE create for the plants. Then wonder why it looks sickly as we poisoned it!!

At least till you get a few grows under your belt......... stay green and ...Peace.....

2017-05-11_008-100precentzoom.png

:420: :thumb:

What are your grow plans?? Plus being it is legal there, you don't have to worry about a "commando grow" or concealment issues. Making it harder for you or more like adding to the things that may distract you starting out.
Keep it simple, do your own research and if I could add. Try Auto-flowers starting off.

Some say they are harder to grow then feminized strains, as if you already have grow knowledge. Fact is they are just different in how you need to approach them. So all the grow info and experience you may have acquired over the years with "regular" strains, does not really apply. Makes it a great choice as you are starting out fresh anyway. They react by themselves, a built in clock controls them. Even if you left them on a 24 hour lights-on schedule. They would still start making flowers (buds) in 30++ days. Where a feminized plant will stay at a veg state as long as you don't turn off the light.

What they offer is they are ready to harvest in 75 ~ days (give-of-take) as compared to 100 ~ 115 days for feminized plants. I potted a Auto-flower and Feminized geminated seeds on January 28th, 2017. The Auto-flower was put in jars April 20th. The picture at the bottom is my feminized that still has 6 or more weeks left on it. That's the big difference in the two plant types.

Or start with one of each and this will give you a comparison of how they grow. How they react differently to nuit's. The best way to describe the difference is Auto's have a VERY HIGH metabolism and Feminized are more sedentary. So you learn how much you can handle them on two levels.

I am impatient and being Auto's finished so quickly gives me less time to think or apply MY HELP to which tended to make things worst just starting out!!

Hope all goes well and remember they will grow by themselves just fine, so if you only apply 70 percent. Of what the company you decided recommends you apply. On all the stuff you can throw at them to make them grow big. Will help limit the extra troubles WE create for the plants. Then wonder why it looks sickly as we poisoned it!!

At least till you get a few grows under your belt......... stay green and ...Peace.....

2017-05-11_008-100precentzoom.png

:420: :thumb:

Thanks goofyfoot! I did a lot of reading before getting started and sort of jumped right in head first. I set up a 4x4 grow tent and a 600w mh/hps setup to house some sour diesel plants. Seeds ordered from 420. I've recently learned about the auto flowers and they seem very interesting, I would definitely like to try them sometime to compare grows. Hoping to get my journal started today and I will post a link up here.

Thanks goofyfoot! I did a lot of reading before getting started and sort of jumped right in head first. I set up a 4x4 grow tent and a 600w mh/hps setup to house some sour diesel plants. Seeds ordered from 420. I've recently learned about the auto flowers and they seem very interesting, I would definitely like to try them sometime to compare grows. Hoping to get my journal started today and I will post a link up here. ]

The light for that size is cool, one thing I do is fan them heavy. I run 2 small fans non-stop, one underneath blowing up and the other across the canopy. Forcing air around them from seedling to harvest is one of the simplest things you can do for your plants. It continually stimulates them and you have no ill results like over fertilizing them does!!

Enjoy the time with them........Peace.....

:420::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom