New Sponsor: Dr. Seeds From Canada

:bongrip:@DrSeeds, I order yesterday the WHITE TAHOE COOKIES, i feel like a kid waiting after christmas to get is gift, and it will be my first grow with feminized seed and my second grow too because the first grow i try was autoflower Purple kush from another seed bank. by the way i send the e-transfer yesterday few minute after i pass my order around 13:20 hrs and i still not receive confirmation yet. are you open during the week-end. thanks again
:thumb:

Received my seeds Friday, but forgot to me tion and post pics. Luckily they sent a free sticker, I'm very happy since I forgot to add one into the cart

20191025_200224.jpg
20191025_203612.jpg

I thought I'd give a final report on my Gorilla Glue #4 seeds from Dr. Seeds.
First I want everyone to remember that seeds have variations just like humans; we have the same parents as our siblings yet we are the smarter and the more definitely more pretty than our scruffy brothers and sisters are we not? Seeds are the same; some take after one parent than the other and GG#4 said to be best to grow by clone than it is by seed (who knows if that is true)
Given that, the first grow of three, I had one that leaned more Sativa than the others; one of the others never really took off and was kind of stunted. All of it was covered in trichomes (I do use a lot of triacontanol to induce trichomes akin to Humbolt's own Snow Storm but cheaper) and it all smokes nice.
It stretches a lot when you flip it; well, 2 out of 3 did; one did not stretch nor did the buds swell much. The buds were spaced aways apart from each other just like its bigger siblings; that is normal for this variety supposedly. That seedling struggled from the beginning.
My last two seeds have popped. One is growing well while the other started stunted and will not stretch. When I mean it won't stretch, from soil to the tip of the longest branch is barely over 1 foot while the other is over 4 feet. It remains a very dense twisted leafy mess. The "pre-flowers" (whatever you call them) are twisted skinny things on part of the plant and you could describe some of the more weird leaves as "crisp" as good lettuce. However, the nodeing is extremely close so I'm taking clones from it; who knows what it will grow into.
I've taken a clone from the more Indica leaning plant from the previous grow and plan on taking ones of the current two; I was going pop more seeds next time but my order got "lost" in the mail.
It amazes me that I get almost daily packages from China (I also order garden seeds from overseas as well) without problems but order seeds from Canada without tracking and they don't arrive.
It certainly is just bad luck I suppose that the only package I don't get out of the dozens I get each month is the one with seeds in it. :rolleyes: ;)
While I do believe the seeds are good ( I did attempt to buy more) I'd likely believe differently if the 2 bad seeds were in the first grow. I'm going with clones next grow.
agg.jpg

I thought I'd give a final report on my Gorilla Glue #4 seeds from Dr. Seeds.
First I want everyone to remember that seeds have variations just like humans; we have the same parents as our siblings yet we are the smarter and the more definitely more pretty than our scruffy brothers and sisters are we not? Seeds are the same; some take after one parent than another and GG#4 said to be best to grow by clone than it is by seed (who knows if that is true)
Given that, the first grow of three I had one that leaned more Sativa than the others and one of the others never really took off and was kind of stunted. All of it was covered in trichomes (I do use a lot of triacontanol to induce trichomes akin to Humbolt's own Snow Storm but cheaper) and it all smokes nice.
It stretches a lot when you flip it, 2 out of 3 did; one did not stretch nor did the buds swell much. That seedling struggled from the beginning.
My last two seeds have popped. One is growing well while the other started stunted and will not stretch. When I mean it won't stretch, from soil to the tip of the longest branch is barely over 1 foot while the other is over 3 feet. It remains a very dense leafy mess. The "pre-flowers" (whatever you call them) are twisted skinny things on part of the plant and you could call some of the more weird leaves as "crisp" as good lettuce. However, the nodeing is extremely close so I'm taking clones from it; who knows what it will grow into.
I've taken a clone from the more Indica leaning plant from the previous grow and plan on taking ones of the current two; I was going pop more seeds next time but my order got "lost" in the mail.
It amazes me that I get almost daily packages from China (I also order garden seeds from overseas as well) without problems but order seeds from Canada without tracking and they don't arrive.
It certainly is just bad luck I suppose that the only package I don't get out of the dozens I get each month is the one with seeds in it. :rolleyes: ;)
While I do believe the seeds are good; I'm going with clones next grow.
agg.jpg
2 questions.

1. Why didn't you get delivery insurance/tracked shipping?
2. Where did the "lost in the mail" order come from.

I've only ordered from Canada so far, and I've received everything ahead of scheduled arrival. That being said, I'm waiting on two orders from Seedsman which have yet to hit the country.

Mail between Canada does not get lost (except for weed seeds I guess) so there should not be a need to. I do not live in a legal State so I really don't want weed seeds tracked to my door.
My first order took 8 days to my door and I'm close to 4 weeks now. I live in a rural area so I shop online daily. I get at least 1000 pieces of mail/packages yearly and that includes overseas mail as well as mail from Canada. This is the first thing I ordered that did not arrive out of it all. Maybe the fact there were only 4 packs left when I ordered it may have some bearing on why it is "missing".
I do know it was not intercepted at the Border. In those cases, you get the envelope with a nice official letter with it explaining why your seeds are missing.
420 has other sponsors including Seedsman who shares their GG#4 is from the original guys who first bred it so that will be my next seed purchase.
I would not worry about your order unless the wait is unusual.

Mail between Canada does not get lost (except for weed seeds I guess) so there should not be a need to. I do not live in a legal State so I really don't want weed seeds tracked to my door.
My first order took 8 days to my door and I'm close to 4 weeks now. I live in a rural area so I shop online daily. I get at least 1000 pieces of mail/packages yearly and that includes overseas mail as well as mail from Canada. This is the first thing I ordered that did not arrive out of it all. Maybe the fact there were only 4 packs left when I ordered it may have some bearing on why it is "missing".
I do know it was not intercepted at the Border. In those cases, you get the envelope with a nice official letter with it explaining why your seeds are missing.
420 has other sponsors including Seedsman who shares their GG#4 is from the original guys who first bred it so that will be my next seed purchase.
I would not worry about your order unless the wait is unusual.
with a tracking number or no tracking if the custom want to know where you live they will find you with the adress you have on you parcel. the tracking number is the safe way to know where is the order.

with a tracking number or no tracking if the custom want to know where you live they will find you with the adress you have on you parcel. the tracking number is the safe way to know where is the order.
Mail flows between Canada and the USA without restriction between their borders. My envelope, by not being tracked, was in an automated system with millions of other pieces of mail and human hands nor eyes should have even seen it at the border.
Personally, I don't care; I was going to pop a seed to go in a big bag (14+gallons) that I'm going to have a bunch of clones in (my last grow before I decide on one to clone hence-forth); these seeds were going to be stored for when I kill off a grow of clones and I need to start over.
I'll just try Seedman next; GG#4 seeds from the originators sound great and despite coming from Spain they do have a great rep.

IDK how you want to approach this but seriously; mail does not get lost. There should be no need for tracking unless you don't trust someone.
Either we can trust someone who sells seeds like we can trust any other businessman or we can not. I know where I am on this in regards to trust.
I'm glad the show "border patrol" is fake, seeing as they quite often show the mail sorting between countries, and the physical handling of packages.

You must know a lot of people that work in the postal sector, as you have first hand knowledge that humans can't make errors by misplacing an envelope or two.

Delivery insurance is not something I will ever order seeds without. If they do not arrive, for any reason, they will be resent at no cost to you.

I urge you to order from seedsman, as they have fantastic deals, promos, and generally low prices. Bear in mind that coming from the EU, they will certainly be handling your package, and that leads to the possibility of your order being seized at the border.

Ps. They offer delivery insurance and tracking, in case you decide to be smart for once.

I'm glad the show "border patrol" is fake, seeing as they quite often show the mail sorting between countries, and the physical handling of packages.

You must know a lot of people that work in the postal sector, as you have first hand knowledge that humans can't make errors by misplacing an envelope or two.

Delivery insurance is not something I will ever order seeds without. If they do not arrive, for any reason, they will be resent at no cost to you.

I urge you to order from seedsman, as they have fantastic deals, promos, and generally low prices. Bear in mind that coming from the EU, they will certainly be handling your package, and that leads to the possibility of your order being seized at the border.

Ps. They offer delivery insurance and tracking, in case you decide to be smart for once.

To repeat, ordinary mail between the USA and Canda is unrestricted and automated. Million of pieces of mail are in that stream and the spot checks you speak of is very unlikely to catch it.
Even if it was intercepted; you get a letter that one gets in that case (I didn't receive one, therefore it did not get intercepted)
The mail system does not lose packages.
For that reason, there is no need to track a package.

I am going to Seedsman because they have a good rep.
To repeat, ordinary mail between the USA and Canda is unrestricted and automated.
Even if it was intercepted; I did not get the letter that one gets in that case (therefor it did not get intercepted)
The mail system does not lose packages.
For that reason, there is no need to track a package.
However, this industry is full of dishonest people and or incompetent people (I am not going to categorically share which case I believe it is) and it is a good practice to get tracking.
I, however, refuse to live my life that way; always expecting to get ripped-off.
I rather assume I will receive my package as I would if I bought it from a different online retailer in a different industry.
Sure I got burned this time, but I will rather be foolish than suspicious of everyone. Money is not an issue to me btw.
The more you state that mail doesn't get lost, doesn't change the fact that mail indeed sometimes gets lost. I've had several non weed related packages not make it to its destination.

Reputable yes, but even they themselves urge that you should opt in on the insurance. That right there, should tell you something.

When you order small amounts at a time, not much is lost. When you spend $410 while already saving $120 in discounts, I'm pretty sure even you would like to know you are getting your seeds.

The more you state that mail doesn't get lost, doesn't change the fact that mail indeed sometimes gets lost. I've had several non weed related packages not make it to its destination.

Reputable yes, but even they themselves urge that you should opt in on the insurance. That right there, should tell you something.

When you order small amounts at a time, not much is lost. When you spend $410 while already saving $120 in discounts, I'm pretty sure even you would like to know you are getting your seeds.
Sure big orders I would track, but let's be realistic; this was a $50 order.

Back
Top Bottom