New to the scene and looking for when to flush

bthunder

420 Member
I am nearing the end of my grow (I think). I have a few buds that just started to show a little amber color and I have been reading about when to "flush", but 2 weeks is not really helpful to know when different strains take longer than others. Is there a timeline based on the amber/brown colors of the hairs to tell when to flush? How rapidly does an avg plants hairs turn amber once it starts?

Thanks for any help!

Never

Buds pack on a lot in the last few weeks of growing so why starve them.

Most now do not flush, I never have, taste is never effected, lots of new testing and that science stuff on it

If you are using synthetic nutrients (salt based) then it is common to gradually lower your feedings until your pretty much just giving water last week or 2. The hairs will get brown and begin to curl up when the plant is nearing maturity. This just lets you know to start looking at trics to get definitive answer. Clear/cloudy/Amber

Once i see the first couple amber hairs, about how long until harvest? Should i harvest based on trics, color of curled hairs, both? Im looking for high thc that will make you real mellow and just wanna sit there and not move.

Once i see the first couple amber hairs, about how long until harvest? Should i harvest based on trics, color of curled hairs, both? Im looking for high thc that will make you real mellow and just wanna sit there and not move.
Also, im using flora trio in a hyrdo setup.

HI bthunder... I wouldn't flush your plants in the last two weeks you will just be starving them of valuable nutrients, think about it you took all the time and care to make sure you fed them right threw out your grow, So why would you want to start to starve your plants of the food that grew them all their lives? Its in the curing process that makes the difference in taste and smoke quality in the end. :)

Back
Top Bottom