newbie grower need help with plant

Rylex

hey I recently switched from a florescent lighting to led lighting 4 days ago I have noticed that after I switch the leaves started dropping and the edges started curling there is 2 fans circulating air sunday was feed day as I feed it every 2 weeks vigoro all purpose plant food its 24-4-16 I woke up today and the leave have turned a pale yellow color and the advice I got was that it maybe iron chlorosis or possible over watering I have also read that it maybe over compacted dirt the dirt was slightly compacted and the roots are a white color I was wondering if I could get a fellow growers opinion on how to help my plant back to full health please and thank you in advance
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 6 weeks
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? the led is 1 panel of 100 leds 3 watts per led so 300 watts the other light is 2 Lights of America model 7020 Fluorescent Wattage: 17 watts Incandescent Equiv.: 75 watts Light Output: 1,093 lumens so the total wattage is 34 watts and 2186 lumens
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 78 F
How Often are you Watering? ever other day
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? vigoro 24-4-16
Size or Square Footage of Room? 12 sq feet

hey I recently switched from a florescent lighting to led lighting 4 days ago I have noticed that after I switch the leaves started dropping and the edges started curling there is 2 fans circulating air sunday was feed day as I feed it every 2 weeks vigoro all purpose plant food its 24-4-16 I woke up today and the leave have turned a pale yellow color and the advice I got was that it maybe iron chlorosis or possible over watering I have also read that it maybe over compacted dirt the dirt was slightly compacted and the roots are a white color I was wondering if I could get a fellow growers opinion on how to help my plant back to full health please and thank you in advance
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 6 weeks
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? the led is 1 panel of 100 leds 3 watts per led so 300 watts the other light is 2 Lights of America model 7020 Fluorescent Wattage: 17 watts Incandescent Equiv.: 75 watts Light Output: 1,093 lumens so the total wattage is 34 watts and 2186 lumens
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 78 F
How Often are you Watering? ever other day
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? vigoro 24-4-16
Size or Square Footage of Room? 12 sq feet

pictures are usually a necessity in these cases :)

bump :)

wow those are pretty fast reply thanks so much for the help heres the pictures

20141216_123914.jpg
20141216_123859.jpg
20141216_123729.jpg
20141216_123718.jpg
20141216_123415.jpg

the average temp before the led light was closer to 74 to to 76 the water ph is 6 i dont know the ph of the soil the distance of the led lights is 28 inches

Those plants look like they are really stressed. The light change could've done it. I haven't used LED, but 300w and 2100 lumens, doesn't sound like nearly enough light. The leaves look like they are no longer producing chlorophyll.

the plant was doing amazing i thought til i switched the lighting to the led here are the before I switched to led

two week
20141109_135215.jpg

three week
20141112_234503.jpg

four week
20141123_122321.jpg

five week
20141202_021734.jpg

the original pot was about 4 gallons i just put in in a smaller gallonish pot so i could control the watering better when i was putting it in the new pot that it is in now i found the roots were growing towards the side of the pot not down and the soil was very compacted so i have i made the the soil more loose in the new small pot

You want your roots to circle your pot... not grow straight down.... when they are very small you don't want to water very much at all and make them look for the moisture so they will circle.... With them as small as they were when you put them under LED you should have had them at least 4' IMO and I am only using a 48x3w when I do that..... I think it is possible that is is stress related due to the lights then potting up and down.... Hope you get it figured out.....:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom