Hi, Need Help Identifying Deficiency!

Mike80

Hi guys,

First grow ever. I’m seeing the tips of some leafs turning yellow and the new leafs are turning light green only on the pot that is right in the centre between two LED lights. I have a feeling it might be light burn. I been growing in Happy Frog soil and no nutes so far. Watering them with filtered PH 6.66 and PPM 192. If anyone has any idea what this is please let me know.

What Strain is it? White Widow
How Many Plants? 5
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Vegetative
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? Almost 30 days.
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Happy Frog only
If Soil... What Size Pot? 3 Gallon fabric pots
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 2x 1200 Watts (not actual)
Is it Air Cooled? Cooled with central air conditioning of the house
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 26 C (78.8 F)
RH of Room/Cabinet? 60%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.66
Any Pests? Small pests in soil
How Often are you Watering? I was under watering during early stages of vegetative state. Second last time I watered them it lasted them 6 days before showing signs of droopiness. Watered them yesterday about half gallon each.
Type and Strenghth of Fertilizers used? No nutes used yet.

F14778B1-943A-4EDC-834A-78B82A42269C.jpeg
11886944-ADBE-4D2C-9BE8-9A79F00989F2.jpeg
7577C46A-6C0A-43E1-BBFC-5753CBF0F8F4.jpeg
FEF4F3C5-948C-46C2-A2A9-287069AC52CA.jpeg

Hi mate,

Looks like beginning of too much food.
As you dont us add and i dont hnow the brand of your soil i will think of a bad watering.
Or too much or not enough.....

To check if your soil its too rich check with a EC/TDS meter the water quality that goes out of the pot when you watering.

Give a big watering of water only to clean if your soil is too rich.
Also try too get 80%RH

You do well, continue and enjoy your grow!

satax

Hi mate,

Looks like beginning of too much food.
As you dont us add and i dont hnow the brand of your soil i will think of a bad watering.
Or too much or not enough.....

To check if your soil its too rich check with a EC/TDS meter the water quality that goes out of the pot when you watering.

Give a big watering of water only to clean if your soil is too rich.
Also try too get 80%RH

You do well, continue and enjoy your grow!

satax
Hi,
I haven’t checked the water run off yet. I will check it next watering. I’ve given the plants no nutrients at all. 80% RH is a bit tough for me at the moment. If I set my humidifier on anything stronger than 65% it runs out of water quickly. I can maintain 60% for 12 hours.

This was my first thought... also If you are adding nutes to the Happy Frog soil then u are over doing it... they only need water up till the first of flowering or so....
Hi,
I gave them no nutrients at all. It’s only showing for one plant out of 5. I doubt it is too much nutrients.

Looks like slight nute burn to me.
I have given 0 nutes to the plants. It could be that the soil t is too hot, but only one plant out of five showing those signs. If it was too much nutes from soil being too hot, others would’ve been affected because I used the same soil for all. I’m leaning towards it is symptom of chronic under watering or light burn Or both. I think light burn because this is the only pot that is right in centre of both lights. I raised the LED lights by about an inch.

Hi,
I haven’t checked the water run off yet. I will check it next watering. I’ve given the plants no nutrients at all. 80% RH is a bit tough for me at the moment. If I set my humidifier on anything stronger than 65% it runs out of water quickly. I can maintain 60% for 12 hours.

Hi,
I gave them no nutrients at all. It’s only showing for one plant out of 5. I doubt it is too much nutrients.
1 out of 5 hrmmmm.... Given that u have done everything the same for all 5 plants, that would leave one explanation it would have to be the light intensity... I would back the light off a bit more than an inch and see, you can always move the light closer, but u cant unburn the plant. ;) all in all i would say ur on a good track you are doing everything right that i can see keep it up !!

thats a lot of light for any seedlings they hate strong leds get CFL or t5 for the first 2 months , see lots of burnt plants in that happy frog , when i transplant i use straight multi in the centre of my pots so the roots feed there first before getting to the hotter stuff , ive seen post after post burning plants

these are autos same age under 300 w CFL 2p an hour to run , super happy plants love the blue from these

P1080971.JPGP1080973.JPG

1 out of 5 hrmmmm.... Given that u have done everything the same for all 5 plants, that would leave one explanation it would have to be the light intensity... I would back the light off a bit more than an inch and see, you can always move the light closer, but u cant unburn the plant. ;) all in all i would say ur on a good track you are doing everything right that i can see keep it up !!
Thank you. I raised the light a bit lets see how they do.
thats a lot of light for any seedlings they hate strong leds get CFL or t5 for the first 2 months , see lots of burnt plants in that happy frog , when i transplant i use straight multi in the centre of my pots so the roots feed there first before getting to the hotter stuff , ive seen post after post burning plants

these are autos same age under 300 w CFL 2p an hour to run , super happy plants love the blue from these

P1080971.JPGP1080973.JPG
Look like very nice plants.

ya i would move them around for sure so they get even lighting...I would back ur light off a bit more and see...
Moved them back a bit more today. Their not gettting worse so that’s good. The tips that got burned are curling up a bit now.
an inch ? you want to move it right up :) a foot at least
Wow you think that much? Moved lights up maybe two more inches

Back
Top Bottom