Newbie in this wonderful world of growing

What about those yellowing on leafs?
I must be going blind cuz I don't see what you're talking about :nerd-with-glasses:it looks fine to me...as long as you have it in good soil, and you're not feeding too much or over watering it'll be fine. I get tips that turn yellow sometimes but that's how I like it :slide: on the edge :morenutes:...don't worry too much they're a resilient little plant :goodluck:

I must be going blind cuz I don't see what you're talking about :nerd-with-glasses:it looks fine to me...as long as you have it in good soil, and you're not feeding too much or over watering it'll be fine. I get tips that turn yellow sometimes but that's how I like it :slide: on the edge :morenutes:...don't worry too much they're a resilient little plant :goodluck:
Good to know,im not feeding it at all yet,soil is N enriched canna terra pro. Tap water but water is good quality. But about 7 pH :/

I circled in a pic what i mean about yellow spots.

Attachments

• 20191129_121755.jpg
    20191129_121755.jpg
    685.4 KB · Views: 53
Good to know,im not feeding it at all yet,soil is N enriched canna terra pro. Tap water but water is good quality. But about 7 pH :/

I circled in a pic what i mean about yellow spots.
I "must" be going blind...lol...are there white pin pricks on the leaves? If so it's a sign of spider mites and you should use a magnifying glass to look at the under side of your leaves for any movement or what may look like small hairs...if so there are several remedies, I use Nematodes so I don't have any bugs.
Nematodes are parasitic organisms that attack and kill larvae laying insects :thumb: I get them online for about $36.

I "must" be going blind...lol...are there white pin pricks on the leaves? If so it's a sign of spider mites and you should use a magnifying glass to look at the under side of your leaves for any movement or what may look like small hairs...if so there are several remedies, I use Nematodes so I don't have any bugs.
Nematodes are parasitic organisms that attack and kill larvae laying insects :thumb: I get them online for about $36.

How those white pin pricks look like? Im going to look for pests thanks for advice

I use this one . On amazon. $33
HMDPHM80 Digital pH/Temperature Meter
Fox Farms makes good soil products I hear.
Thanks. Look at new pics, I dont see any mites.

Attachments

• 20191129_164327.jpg
    20191129_164327.jpg
    715.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 20191129_164506.jpg
    20191129_164506.jpg
    740.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 20191129_164320.jpg
    20191129_164320.jpg
    634.9 KB · Views: 55
No mites from what I can see. Those white spots are from water droplets on your leaves, make sure not to have water on leaves bc it’ll act like a magnifying glass with the light on and burn them. But yeah get the meter @stoneotter posted. Other than that still looks like the same thing I’d mentioned but get on that ph meter, it’s one of the most valuable tools you can get

Also you can really check for mites under the leaves if there are any and there will be some webbing in the base of the leaves by the stem, but I doubt you have any at this point.

Ordered ph meter today. And already have one in the soil,that green one that you can see in the pics,but im scared to probe it close to the plant not to damage the roots :(

Ordered ph meter today. And already have one in the soil,that green one that you can see in the pics,but im scared to probe it close to the plant not to damage the roots :(
Glad to hear it! Yeah I always just ph my water prior to feeding. I’ve used those ones too, but in all the experience I’ve had the green ones are pretty inaccurate so I don’t even really pay attention other than to the water level from them.

Back
Top Bottom