Newbie's First Grow

Portallen1

Hello 420 Mag!! A new grower here going to start my first journal. I enjoy reading the forums, so i have soaked up a good bit of knowledge already. I hope to make this grow as smooth as possible. All are welcome, as I'm sure i will be needing plenty of advice along the way.
Seeds- Ace Seed, 3 Panama Feminized, and 2 Ace freebies
Soil- Fox Farms Light Warrior for seedlings, then FFOF at transplant
Nutrients- Fox Farm Trio, CalMag, Super Thrive, Grow More seaweed extract
Lights- 2 Marshydro reflective series 200w, only using 1 currently as i don't think the other is needed
Tent- i am using a 4x4 apollo hortoculture tent
Water- 5 filter RO system
Veg or flower- Veg, day 22 since popping through soil
Seeds started out in 1 gallon plastic pots, and will be transplanted into 7 gallon fabric pot (forever home)
8" venting fan and 8" carbon filter (currently not using carbon filter). Im only using the fan set on a timer to go off 10 times per day for 30 minutes each time.
Temps- temps in the tent are 73-82, humidity is 44-57
Germination process- RO water for 24 hours, then into soil

Help wanted!!! I planted my beans into moist FFLW soil and they sprouted on March 1. I then waited until the soil was dry (weight method) to water again. At that time i watered with just plain RO water, 1 gallon between all 5 girls. I then noticed a few of the girls were yellowing, so i waited again, till the pots felt empty to water. This time i added a half dose of WK 1 of FF schedule feeding (3 TSP per gallon), and saw a noticeable improvement within a few days. Not a few more days have gone by and the yellowing is returning.
Im lost, i don't want to feed again with nutes because the seedlings being such a young age. But i want to control the yellowing. The girls are ready for a watering any day now, Its been 8 days since their last watering. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I will try and add a pic as asap (still learning how to upload photos)

Its good your watching your plants they will tell you what they need. If they want nutes then try a weak nute solution if they green back up then you have your answer.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine

420-magazine-mobile637967683.jpg

Pics on day 20 of veg, this is the yellowing I was talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1339788143.jpg
420-magazine-mobile476018781.jpg

These are the 2 freebie girls. They are the fastest growing. Hopefully there is a female between the two

Either way I guess, it's still good practice for me lol. Any idea what the yellowing could be from penny?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Update!! Today I fed the girls with straight RO water 1/5 of a gallon each. I fed with nutes the last watering, and didn't want to overfeed so just water this time. Hopefully the yellowing will subside. If not, I will hit them with nutes next watering.

Also, I am having trouble with RO water, nutes and PH. I added nutes to 6.9 PH water, and it dropped to 4.9. Should I PH water back up or is this ok since it RO water? I've read quite a bit about RO buffering but can't seem to find a definite answer. Thanks in advance.
Here is a pic of the girls after their watering today.
420-magazine-mobile882424355.jpg

Also, I am having trouble with RO water, nutes and PH. I added nutes to 6.9 PH water, and it dropped to 4.9. Should I PH water back up or is this ok since it RO water? I've read quite a bit about RO buffering but can't seem to find a definite answer. Thanks in advance.

Let them dry!!! When you do feed, reduce nutrient ratio, and feed with significant runoff! It's a good start anyway.. Good luck!

Thanks lilface! When I fed today, I gave enough for significant runoff. I talked with a buddy today and he said it looked like I was over watering. So I will let them sit for as long as possible before watering again.

Howdy Portallen!

Congratulations on beginning the coolest hobby ever!

Anything you put in those pots must be ph'ed to 6.3 - 6.8 every time.

Also, if you want to avoid major headaches, pay attention to soil ph by studying your runoff frequently... At least until you have some experience .

If I fed 4.9 just now, I'd flush immediately... but maybe I'm wrong? I don't have a whole lot of experience either.

Hydro Guy Gets Dirty In MA

Back
Top Bottom