NicGyver's First Grow Journal - Soil - Multiple Strains - 2016

NicGyver

Hello. This is my first attempt at a grow journal on the site. This will be my 4th actual grow, but the last 2 went poorly so I'm hoping to isolate the issue this time around. I have had issues in my last 2 grows during the transition phase from veg to bloom. Here are my specs:

What strain is it? Jillybean (hybrid) and Death star (Indica)
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Moving both to Flower July 8th.
If in Veg... For how long? Was in veg for 8 weeks
If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor 2 tent setup
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Fox Farms Ocean Forest
If soil... What size pot? Jillybean 3 gal dirt pot, Death Star 3 gal standard pot
Lights? (2) 90w LED. (2) 14w LED.
Is it aircooled? have a fan with a carbon filter which exhausts through ducting to the window. Intake also at the window for outside air.
Temp of Room/cab? 77 daytime 72 night
RH of Room/cab? 45%
PH of media or res? Unknown, waiting on soil PH tester
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? In veg it was roughly every 3 days for a 2 gal dirt pot
Type and strength of ferts used? In veg I use Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow formula. In bloom I've been using General Organics BioThrive. Through-out the growth cycle I also use Nectar for the Gods Aphrodites Extraction, Herculean Harvest, and Zeus Juice.
# of Plants: 2

20160702_142607.jpg
20160702_142558.jpg
Death_Star.jpg
Jilly_Bean2.jpg
Lights48.jpg

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I did anything wrong with starting this grow journal. Hoping to have more success this time around. Happy to be a part of the site.

I watered both plants today with water PH'd to 6.0. I tested the PH at the roots and they were both 6.5. The previous water included the Botanicare veg fertilizer. While working in the tent I noticed that some of the smaller leaf branches higher up on the Jillybean are turning purplish red. Also I'm seeing similarly colored veins going up the main stem. I also noticed some leaves are looking burnt on the tips and curling. I have included a photo which notes 2 of those issues.
Jillybean_issues.JPG
I was hoping to move to flower this coming Friday but am hesitant now since I'm seeing these early issues with JB. The Death Star is looking great though and not showing any similar issues.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom