Nick Serious - DYNOMYCO 2023 - Solo Cup Challenge

Yes, Captain Understatement, we would agree. :laughtwo:
Ha sorry - I may have been thinking of you when I wrote iy given our chats!

😅

She’s wow - next solos I’ll do the same strains from seed (don’t know what) but one plant per solo and I’ll do one in the Airpot version of a solo and one in the SIP style solo.

I’m intrigued to see how they go.

I’ll treat everything the same from start to finish.

Seem like a good side by side?

My guess is very similar - the watering though when you scale up is much easier with the SIP (its a tiny res in the solo but still seems to retain a bit more than the airpot - ease of watering is the main thing I reckon)

“Captain Understatement”! Made me giggle on a rainy Sunday evening!

Nick

Ha sorry - I may have been thinking of you when I wrote iy given our chats!

😅

She’s wow - next solos I’ll do the same strains from seed (don’t know what) but one plant per solo and I’ll do one in the Airpot version of a solo and one in the SIP style solo.

I’m intrigued to see how they go.

I’ll treat everything the same from start to finish.

Seem like a good side by side?

My guess is very similar - the watering though when you scale up is much easier with the SIP (its a tiny res in the solo but still seems to retain a bit more than the airpot - ease of watering is the main thing I reckon)

“Captain Understatement”! Made me giggle on a rainy Sunday evening!

Nick
@Kanno26 has done a couple of grows with full sized SIP vs Airpots vs Cloth pots and it was SIP all day FTW. But I think you're right, on a Solo cup scale the differences would likely be less obvious.

I’ll check out Kannos stuff for sure.

Our system seems to be settled on Pure Hydro seedling, SWICK, 1G plastic store bought 1G houseplant. Bit of layering, 3G Fabric and then 5G airpot.

A dash of this and bit of that.

For the main grow and the way we run it (massively over packed in (its basically a 12x4’ room with 23 plants in flower) I think we’d lose yield due to space (not the methodology of SIPS)

The solo on solo (equal starts) thing gonna be huge fun though!

Think it will be likely be Mimosa x Tropicana Orange as have some on their way and seem like they look epic!

Nick

I think we can get 2 more full grows in before the law can actually change. Its going to bankrupt loads of ordinary working people. Farners to Dispensaries owners, cool young married Twenty Somethings with beautiful shops they designed. Heart breaking.
It is 😢💔

Post #35/42

Indy Twisted Sisters #17 Flower
Srawberry Solo SIP #40 Flower

Hmm a bit neglected the plants and updating this thread.

Really busy day job stuff then other grow stuff. Upside is they are about to get wuite a lot more attention.

The Elephants that aren’t any longer in the room were all grown with the sponsors @DYNOMYCO product.

Incredible trunks. Different strains than last time and for sure we got a bit better. But def think we will use for ever more.

That’s not fluff for them. Genuinely. I can’t get any prize or whatever - I buy my own.

The two solos - the sisters I actually dropped them in Myco laced hydro tank. Not sure the SIP - I know I fed her once or thrice with the same water in that tank.

So busy forgot feed this morning. Bed at 5am and up at 11am yeah kinds busy!

But the girls tomorrow have so much more space and light!

Nick

IMG_3498.jpeg

4th of June so Sunday. Double checked it as wondered if it was actually by 4th July.

I’m not up potting so I’ll just let them carry on and finish this journal probably. Solo grows def gonna continue (unless/until) they change the law here then its all done and the workds finest tomatoes!

Some photos when they’ve woken up a bit more. Relentless feeding is the only downside to this solo cup marlarkey!

Nick

Oooh that's just around the corner it been fun watching you guys participate.. 🤞🏽🤞🏽 you get to keep growing bro would be a shame otherwise

I have loads of pipework, pumps and drippers do would stick my solo on a timer.. was gutted I had to miss out but enjoyed watching your progress.

Oooh that's just around the corner it been fun watching you guys participate.. 🤞🏽🤞🏽 you get to keep growing bro would be a shame otherwise

I have loads of pipework, pumps and drippers do would stick my solo on a timer.. was gutted I had to miss out but enjoyed watching your progress.
Post #36/42

Indy Twisted Sisters #18 Flower
Strawberry Solo SIP #41 Flower

GV - we ain’t even close to being done!

Solos gonna be a thing.

The law - maybe, maybe not. But my guess is for people totally legit as of 31/5 or 5/31 are going to be OK. Licenses all that. Happily we are long on that group. We gotta a bunch of different and overlapping licences.

Fingers crossed though. Its just a worry and I just had some of my own fast dried Strawberry off the main grow and it gives me relentless optimism!

Anyway plants! Now I’m more on top of the twice daily watering routine they are perming up!

The Strawberries now chopped and in my Graduation were always more yellow and paler. The Indy always darker and heavier.

They look very nice to my tired eyes!

Nick

IMG_3550.jpeg
IMG_3551.jpeg
IMG_3552.jpeg
IMG_3553.jpeg
IMG_3554.jpeg

IMG_3549.jpeg

Post #3742

Indy Twisted Sisters #19 Flower
Strawberry Solo SIP #42.0 Flower

Rolling along.

They’ve been on left over nutes for a few days. Think that explains some yellowing on the Strawberry SIP

Will mix them a little special bottle in moment.

Poor greedy darlings!

Sisters need a trim. Actually all tomorrow give a burst for the deadline! . Maybe tomorrow I finish something else happy and relaxed Probably better to trim in thst mood although my experience is limited to watch really! 😂

Nick

IMG_3570.jpeg
IMG_3569.jpeg
IMG_3571.jpeg

Post #38/42

Indy Twisted Sisters #20 Flower
Strawberry Solo SIP #43 Flower

BEFORE POST

OK they didn’t get any decent food yesterday and as I need to hit post target I fed them a new mix at about midday.

Both droopyish before. Will see how they look at say 7pm for the “After” in another post.

Then I’m trimming and keeping fingers crossed it works and they are looking like the Princesses they are for tomorrow and the Grand Final!

I’m not sure. Separating the Sisters tomorrow maybe? Thinking some root pictures might be cool (mostly I’m interested) but then seeing how big I get them two up is cool too.

Coin flip really.

Oh no! Just realised the Sisters photo isn’t there! Now 2 hours later 🤦🏻‍♂️ Sorry - the Sisters *were really droopy. Kinda a spoiler alert, meh. Water your plants, it helps IMHO!

Nick

IMG_3581.jpeg

Post #38/42

BEFORE POST

OK they didn’t get any decent food yesterday and as I need to hit post target I fed them a new mix at about midday.

Both droopyish before. Will see how they look at say 7pm for the “After” in another post.

Then I’m trimming and keeping fingers crossed it works and they are looking like the Princesses they are for tomorrow and the Grand Final!

I’m not sure. Separating the Sisters tomorrow maybe? Thinking some root pictures might be cool (mostly I’m interested) but then seeing how big I get them two up is cool too.

Coin flip really.

Oh no! Just realised the Sisters photo isn’t there! Now 2 hours later 🤦🏻‍♂️ Sorry - the Sisters *were really droopy. Kinda a spoiler alert, meh. Water your plants, it helps IMHO!

Nick

IMG_3581.jpeg
Beautiful, great job. :yahoo:
Good Morning Amigo. :ciao:
Hope your not working too much this weekend. :passitleft:
Qualifying Today. :thumb:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Post #39/42

AFTER FEED PHOTOS - BEFORE DEFOLIATION

So reckon with an end of day photo I’m better placed to hit 42/42 posts. Like Bruce Willis says in Armageddon (I’d be lying I said that but mostly)

Work a little slower but I’ve kicked the can on one bit until tomorrow to get some R&R. The ladies can’t complain about not getting fed ai haven’t either!

So below you can see I’ve raised the lights a touch and both pots have perked up significantly since they dined about 4 hours ago.

After I take the photos in a sec I’m going to defoliate. & Co is out of the house so can’t watch and tell me what to do 😂

A moment…

And taken.

They’ve been moved more centrally under the lights finally.

Catch you after defoliation,

Nick

IMG_3588.jpeg
IMG_3590.jpeg
IMG_3591.jpeg
IMG_3592.jpeg
IMG_3593.jpeg
IMG_3594.jpeg

Post #40/42

AFTER DEFOLIATION

Here they are Pre Gala Ball the ladies have had a had their hair done and their bodices tightened a little.

Decided I’m going to change nothing. The twisted sisters trunks I think I’d need a carving knife to separate now - they are intertwined at the surface even. The strawberry 63 days or so - I’ve given them that plus a few days on the main grow. . Indy’s a bit different. If I chop at the more sativa end which means 45-50 days. 56 and up more Indica. I’ve smoked both but not comparable as the sativa end was g/h and the indoor was indoor. Might try indoor early as a comparison off those.

They had their second feed of the day and tomorrow last couple of compo posts but I’ll still cover them off until completion.

Nick (with sticky strawberry leaves in front of him!)
IMG_3608.jpeg
IMG_3609.jpeg
IMG_3610.jpeg
IMG_3611.jpeg
IMG_3614.jpeg
IMG_3607.jpeg

Decided I’m going to change nothing. The twisted sisters trunks I think I’d need a carving knife to separate now - they are intertwined at the surface even. The strawberry 63 days or so - I’ll given then that. Indy’s a bit different. My chop at the more sativa end which means 45-50 days. 56 and up more Indica.
I'm so glad you came to this decision 🤣 I was reading each update like please don't do it lol then the final post gave me relief.

Their looking great and that SSS is a beat definitely showing me that two in a pot can work for fun but for yeild it won't make much difference.

Great work! Hopefully I get these results when I have a go just need to clear this plate 🙄🤣

Enjoy your weekend bro ✌🏽

Back
Top Bottom