Nitrogen Toxicity or Nitrogen Deficiency?

obnaxious

Hello everyone,

This is my first grow. It's original amnesia from seed about 4 weeks old. Growing medium is Biobizz lightmix + Regular flower soil (It was just biobizz lightmix until last week). I didn't add any nutrients yet. First leaves got almost yellow. But top fan leaves look like darker than normal. I keep it under 6400K CFL about 18 hours and 6 hours under the sun. So what's wrong with my seedling? Is it the time to start giving nutrients? I just have Bio Bloom, Bio Grow, Sensi Cal Mag Xtra and Parker Neem Tonic for protection. I appreciate for any comment.

To be honest, from what I can see in the picture your plant is fine.

The yellowing is occurring on the lowest leaves. This is normal. If the yellowing spreads to upper leaves then there may be an issue. But for right now. Don't do anything drastic!

She's beautiful! You're doing something right!

Well now that I hear there's no food in the equation. I believe that she is a healthy plant looking for some food. Hungry plants will start taking nutrients from the bottom leaves first. This would be a great time to introduce a line of nutrients. Do your homework though. You can go as basic as Shultz and miracle gro. Or something a little more complex. I use Green Planet Nutrients. I don't know what's available for you though.

But bottom line. She's hungry. Get some food in her in form of nutrients and start at half strength and she how she reacts.

You got this big guy!

::edit::

Thanks Seed for bringing that up! my apologies for not asking more questions. I sometimes forget that we are all at different levels of growing, doing different things. And I often apply my own experiences to other people's scenarios

Understood, no apology needed, just thought the little guy was a bit young to have yellowing leaves already, begs further investigation ;)

Back
Top Bottom