Nittaman First Growing: Soil, Sunlight In Balcony

Hello because of advice from you guys,
My plant started to grow in a very High speed!

I started LST today and realized some thing that looks like preflower was found near the top.

For me it looked like female without pistil yet.
Please let me know from your experience.

Thank you!

20220522_194637.jpg

20220522_180927.jpg

I see what you’re talking about and it does look like a calyx, but directly below and a little to the left on the next node down I see what could be “balls” forming. I’ll caveat it by saying my eyes ain’t what they used to be, and I’m viewing on a cellphone. Time will tell. Best of luck!

T
I see what you’re talking about and it does look like a calyx, but directly below and a little to the left on the next node down I see what could be “balls” forming. I’ll caveat it by saying my eyes ain’t what they used to be, and I’m viewing on a cellphone. Time will tell. Best of luck!
Thanks for the reply,
I think you are talking about the bottom circle. The bottom circle is a small leaf formed from the topped stem.

20220522_194637.jpg

Its since been a while from my last post.

I had transferd my plant to a bigger pot and LST couple more branches.

I think my plant started to show signs she is a female,

These are couple pistils i found These couple days!

Comments are very Wellcomed!

20220627_145534.jpg

20220627_145839.jpg

20220627_145659.jpg

20220627_150055.jpg

20220627_150226.jpg

20220627_145954.jpg

Its since been a while from my last post.

I had transferd my plant to a bigger pot and LST couple more branches.

I think my plant started to show signs she is a female,

These are couple pistils i found These couple days!

Comments are very Wellcomed!

20220627_145534.jpg

20220627_145839.jpg

20220627_145659.jpg

20220627_150055.jpg

20220627_150226.jpg

20220627_145954.jpg
Also can anyone teach me what this strain is please? Thanks!

Also can anyone teach me what this strain is please? Thanks!
Not really, looks like an indica/sativa cross, but there’s really no way to know for sure. Where’d the seeds come from? That might give you a clue to the strain, but if they’re bag seed, “bag seed is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get”.

Not really, looks like an indica/sativa cross, but there’s really no way to know for sure. Where’d the seeds come from? That might give you a clue to the strain, but if they’re bag seed, “bag seed is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get”.
Thanks! It is from a bag seed,
I will wait for the harvest and
Its from a bad seed! I see when i taste that! Thank you!

Good recovery job, but it looks like you have some mites to deal with
No point fretting about brown bits and 'is it a girl' - it'll be whatever it is and only time will tell
I am surprised that you knoticed red mites are on my plant with these photos!
I am water spraying every Morning to get rid of the mites.
I heard mites are weak to water?

I am surprised that you knoticed red mites are on my plant with these photos!
I am water spraying every Morning to get rid of the mites.
I heard mites are weak to water?
Correct, blast them off with water but if you don't kill them, they'll be back
As a home made remedy, soak some tobacco in water and spray with that for a few days, nicotine kills them but rinse everything off afterwards
After you've showered them, mop the area with bleach/soap
You can also smear honey on the base of the stem so no more can crawl up from the ground

As a home made remedy, soak some tobacco in water and spray with that for a few days, nicotine kills them but rinse everything off afterwards
You can also smear honey on the base of the stem so no more can crawl up from the ground
Got you! Thanks!!

Be kinda careful with tobacco I read an article recently that said you can inadvertently infect your plant with tobacco mosaic virus, if any of the tobacco was infected. Not likely but a possibility. The active ingredient, nicotine, is a very good bug killer.

Be kinda careful with tobacco I read an article recently that said you can inadvertently infect your plant with tobacco mosaic virus, if any of the tobacco was infected. Not likely but a possibility. The active ingredient, nicotine, is a very good bug killer.
Ok!

That's raw tobacco leaves, processed baccy is sterile or it would rot - you can even use cigarette butts
Smells disgusting so be sure to rinse, but it works

That's raw tobacco leaves, processed baccy is sterile or it would rot - you can even use cigarette butts
Smells disgusting so be sure to rinse, but it works
What you say is mostly true. Problem is, that at least in the US, cigarettes are a blend of Virginia Tobacco (flue dried, which kills most, of the virus) Burley tobacco (air dried) and Oriental tobacco (sun dried). I would imagine that cigs manufactured in other countries would have less Virginia tobacco (as it's the best) and contain more of the air/sun dried product.

Penn State:

Tobacco products, particularly those containing air-cured tobacco, may carry TMV. Flue-cured tobacco, used in making cigarettes, is heated repeatedly during its processing, thereby inactivating most if not all TMV. When tobacco products are handled or kept in pockets, hands and clothing can become contaminated with TMV and be a source of virus.

From Ohio State University:

Tobacco products (cigarettes or smokeless tobacco) should not be allowed in the greenhouse. When tobacco products are handled or kept in pockets, hands and clothing can become contaminated with TMV and be a source of virus. Tobacco smokers must sanitize their hands before working or use disposable hand gloves.

From Michigan State University Q & A:

How stable is TMV?​

TMV is an incredibly stable virus. In fact, it is so stable that it can remain in tobacco plants after the extensive processing necessary to make tobacco products.

Can tobacco products carry TMV?

Yes, tobacco products can carry the virus and using them without washing your hands afterwards can potentially spread TMV. For that reason, do not use tobacco in the greenhouse or without washing your hands prior to handling plant material.

Back
Top Bottom