Noob question

McIDDI

Okay, sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have been reading all over the site and still don't know the answer, so gonna ask y'all.

What makes a particular strain "medical"? I just don't understand the difference between medical and "regular" marijuana.

Thx!

The dispenceries I utilize carry only Organically grown (by trusted patients) strains that are free from insecticides. The stuff you get from the gangbanger on the corner is probably grown with whatever makes it grow best .... regardless of what the chemicals might due to the person. That's what usually seperates the two ....... in my head anyway.

The strain that is organically grown could be and sometimes is the same weed you may buy from your local gangbanger. The difference to me is how and by who it was grown.

I don't think "the type of strain" has anything to do with it being medical. Honestly, the simple fact that it is being used by a patient is what makes it medical ...... regardless of where you actually get it.

Just my .02 cents ..... could be wrong

Mutt

It has very little to do with whether it is organic or not, I dont htink that is a consideration when seedbanks produce their 'medical' strains. It is more to do with the balance of CBD and THC - high CBD strains good for alleviating a range of medical conditions. This is right as far as i know - i highly doubt the use of chemical based nutes/pesticides can be transfered between generations although im not from the US so medical marijuana does not exist here :(

TY for the info, folks. One of the seed sites I looked at had a tab for medical seeds, which got me wondering. Did a bunch of reading online and it seems that the thc/cbd ratio plus the free of contaminants issue are the two key things. All good info to know, so Ty .

Back
Top Bottom