Noob WaterFarm Question

iGROW

I have two waterfarm hydroponic systems. Im wondering do i need a resevroir in order to feed nutrients into the water resevoirs already on the waterfarms? any help is appreciated

If it's just one waterfarm you can easily just use the bucket itself with no additional reservoirs.
If you're using two or more waterfarms it's easier to hook them all up to a main reservoir. Much easier to care for since you're not trying to keep each buckets nute and ph stabilized individually.

Yeah it came with two buckets and one bucket goes inside the other. It only came with one air pump. I think Im just going to use organic soil for my first grow to get some experience under my belt.

Yeah it came with two buckets and one bucket goes inside the other. It only came with one air pump. I think Im just going to use organic soil for my first grow to get some experience under my belt.
That's your standard one plant waterfarm so you have everything you need. just need to plug in the pump, add H20, nutes and a plant
:grinjoint:

Oh so i mix the water and nutrients myself then add them to the resevroior and the pump puts it in the plant. i think i get it now lmao.

Oh so i mix the water and nutrients myself then add them to the resevroior and the pump puts it in the plant. i think i get it now lmao.
That's exactly it!. Thats the beauty of hydrofarms, They're simple and wonderfully effective. If you dont have it already, get some hydroton medium to fill it and you good to hit the ground running.
My tip would be to pick up a good timer for the pump so you can set good on/off cycles.

That's exactly it!. Thats the beauty of hydrofarms, They're simple and wonderfully effective. If you dont have it already, get some hydroton medium to fill it and you good to hit the ground running.
My tip would be to pick up a good timer for the pump so you can set good on/off cycles.

Absolutely. They are by far the easiest hydro setup. Fill with water, add nutes and top off with ph'd water throughout the week. At the start of the new week, empty and clean res bucket and start all over. Make sure your ph is around 5.5-6 after adding nutes. You can get a simple ph tester almost anywhere. The air pump forces the nute mixture up into the ring for drip.

run the air pump 24/7......and while your at it you can add air stone. Ive reached the practcal limmitations of those systems. they can be modded in a few ways. Ive tied them into Ebb n Grow at the end because it would use so much water daily.

run the air pump 24/7......and while your at it you can add air stone. Ive reached the practcal limmitations of those systems. they can be modded in a few ways. Ive tied them into Ebb n Grow at the end because it would use so much water daily.

So it should run when the lights are off? I have mine set with my light timer, on with light and off when dark. What are the mods for them?

run the air pump 24-7. it needs air for it to work. thats the whole principle. the pump uses mebe 8w to run. big deal
as far as mods you can add a pipe to check PH easily w/o lifting the bucket out. you can add an air stone very easily and you can use the overflow line to tun it into a Ebb n Grow. if u do that you dont use the air pump as the other resovoir should have an airstone in it.

Back
Top Bottom