Not Grandma's usual cooking, Help!

terilynne

Hello fellow chefs. I have a problem. I live in a state that does not have medical marijuana so I have to do it on the side. I can't afford much and can't afford to lose anymore bud by failing. Can someone please tell me how to use bud in cooking? I have tried brownies but no go. One person posted adding bud to oil and sauteing in pan for use in cake mix, which I thought was a fabolus idea. The bud I get is pressed, not beautiful, fresh bud so do I run it through a hand grinder before using or do I add whole bud at once? Could a person use olive oil to do this? Thank you for reading and for any help.

Re: Not Grandma's usual cooking,,HELP!

I used to use a small stainless steel sauce pan to make butter, don't burn it though. Would just simmer bud in oil/butter, then strain and use. These days I use about 1/2 c. oil to a brownie or cake mix, a 1" x 2"piece is good starting point for me. I would also sometimes add some of the strained weed to the mix too for extra punch.:yummy:

Re: Not Grandma's usual cooking,,HELP!

once i use the hash butter method, the remaining seed can be easily turned into a flour buy grinding them then used, about a pound of butter per Oz of bud, is what i use but im sure you can tone that down, my butter is pretty strong.
Also i dont use medical just High mids. there really is no fine tuned method that i know of tho

Hey man the quality of the bud actually doesn't mean all that much. Actually, a lot of people use the lower parts of their plants for cooking with. Also use stems, they contain a lot of THC. The best thing to do is make cannabutter dude. Once you have cannabutter all you have to do is follow the original recipe but add the cannabutter instead of regular butter or oil(Make sure it is melted before adding it to the mix). Also the best method to grinding all your bud and stems is actually a coffee grinder. Hand grinders work fine to just try and grind the weed as fine as possible. Best of luck bro.

Thank ALL of you so very much for all the great advice:morenutes: I must have gotten the oil too hot. I thought that the hotter it was, the better. I'm so new at this, it's pitiful. Thanks again.
Peace out!

Back
Top Bottom